Women Travel News. Why?
June 10 - 20, 2020
11 Days / 10 Nights
Tour starts in Edinburgh and ends in Glasgow
$4,380 per person/ double occupancy
$1,180 optional single supplement
$390 additional night (single or double), includes airport transfer
Includes all fees and taxes
Click on the image to enlarge the map
Despite its small size, Scotland presents an abundance of experiences within its compact territory. Whether it is a solitary moment of rest on a heather-clad hillside, exploring the narrow medieval alleys of Edinburgh's Old Town or giving in to Glasgow's modern vibe, the experience of touring Scotland is permeated by romance and legend. Scotland is filled with timeless landscapes and conjures images of desolate castles, evocative highlands, rugged coastline and prehistoric spiritual sites, yet it exudes a suave sense of confidence and sophistication. This feisty and colorful country goes well beyond kilts, bagpipes, whisky and golf, and offers sights and experiences unlike anywhere else in the world. Edinburgh has an elegant mix of sweeping Georgian crescents and steepled medieval tenements guarded by its brooding, eponymous castle, mixed in with the hip music and arts scene, and Glasgow has become a mecca for art and design lovers. The dramatic, wind-swept Scottish Highlands enchant with wild mountain scenery of the looming granite peaks standing sentinel above the untamed glens and cold and sparkling seas washing against the soft white beaches, where the passage of time goes completely unnoticed. Otters and orcas frolic in the Moray Firth where small fishing villages huddle under steep cliffs, salmon swim upriver to breed, and the majestic sea eagles soar high above the remote islands.
During the Edinburgh and the Scottish Highlands tour, we'll indulge with an in-depth discovery of this land rich in lore, scenery and culture. We'll be finding Scotland’s magic, as we explore Edinburgh and Glasgow, tour castles, palaces and villages lost in time, enjoy the rugged beauty of the Highlands, learn about the legacy of its clans, and explore its historic treasures. We'll tour the mysterious prehistoric sites in the Orkney Islands, take an easy hike in the historic Glencoe, a haven for both artists and adventurers, cruise on Loch Ness, and enjoy the evocative Isle of Skye. We'll stay at a Georgian style hotel in Edunburgh, at a lovingly restored manor hotel in Inverness, a boutique hotel in Kentallen and a modern art hotel in Glasgow. We'll enjoy the freshly shucked oysters, the Aberdeen Angus beef, the smoked salmon from Dumfries & Galloway, and the peerless malt whiskies, as we connect with new, like-minded friends and create lifelong memories.
- We'll stay at an upscale hotels in Edinburg and Glasgow, a manor house in Inverness and a boutique hotel in Kentallen.
- We'll discover Edinburgh's highlights: Edinburgh Castle, the Hollyrood Palace, the Georgian New Town and the medieval Old Town.
- We'll tour several castles throughout Scotland: Edinburgh Castle, Doune Castle, Blair Castle, Eilean Donan Castle, Urquhart Castle, and Inveraray Castle - each different and each bringing you closer to the soul of Scotland.
- We'll explore the evocative towns of St. Andrews in the Kingdom of Fife and Oban, the gateway to the Hebrides.
- We'll travel through the spectacular Scottish Highlands and take an easy hike among the heather clad hills in Glencoe.
- We'll examine the spiritual prehistoric monuments of Skara Brae, the Standing Stones of Stenness and the Ring of Bodgar in the Orkney Islands.
- We'll stroll through frozen in time villages and along stunning white beaches on the Isle of Skye.
- We'll tour the notorious Culloden Moor, where in 1746 Bonnie Prince Charlie's dream of capturing the Crown came to an end.
- We'll cruise the dark and mysterious Loch Ness.
- We'll take a mountain gondola up to the Ben Nevis Range.
- We'll ride the Jacobite Steam Train, considered one of the great railway journeys of the world.
- We'll visit the seaside town of Oban with its famous whisky distillery.
- We'll enjoy the Old World art and fresh, new design art scene of the cosmopolitan Glasgow.
- We'll dine at fine restaurants, allowing for the fullest appreciation of Scottish cuisine.
- 3 nights at an upscale hotel in Edinburgh, 3 nights at a manor house in Inverness, 2 nights at a boutique hotel in Kentallen, and 2 nights at a modern Glasgow hotel
- 10 hotel breakfasts, 1 restaurant lunch, 8 restaurant and hotel dinners, including drinks - traditional or vegetarian menu
- All transportation in Scotland, including a flight to Kirkwell in the Orkneys, return by a ferry, and a comfortable private bus with a driver-guide
- Private, Blue Badge certified Scottish guides at sites throughout the tour
- An experienced tour director
- All sightseeing fees and admissions to sights, as mentioned in the itinerary
- All tours, activities, visits to castles, sites and monuments mentioned in the itinerary
- Private airport transfers on arrival and on departure
- All guides', drivers' and restaurants' gratuities
Additional/optional costs may include: optional single supplement, optional travel insurance, early hotel check-in, optional tour director's gratuity, meals not included in the itinerary, optional activities not included in the itinerary, telephone charges, room service, mini bar charges, laundry, personal expenses.
The cost does not include airfare.
- In-depth tours of Edinburgh with Edinburgh Castle and Hollyrood Palace
- In-depth tour of Glasgow, focusing on its art, architecture and design
- Falkland Palace, Doune Castle, Blair Castle, Eilean Donan Castle, Urquhart Castle, and Inveraray Castle
- St. Andrews in the Kingdom of Fife
- The Isle of Skye
- The Orkney Islands and Skara Brae
- Scottish Highlands and hiking in Glencoe
- The notorious Culloden Moor
- Loch Ness cruise
- A whisky distillery tour and tasting
- Mountain gondola to Ben Nevis
- Riding the Jacobite Steam Train, one of the greatest railway journeys in the world
|What Makes This Trip Special |
- Carefully designed, extensive itinerary, including signature Scotland experiences
- Accommodation in upscale, perfectly located hotels, including a historic manor house hotel
- Knowledgeable and passionate private guides
- Fully escorted by an experienced tour director
- Private, comfortable transportation
- Exclusive experiences, not available to larger groups
- A small group of maximum 16 women