Women Travel News. Why?
July 17 - 25, 2019
9 Days / 8 Nights
Tour starts and ends in Krakow
$3,280 per person/double occupancy
$960 optional single supplement
Additional nights: $294 single or double
Includes all fees and taxes
Click on the image to enlarge the map
ONE SHARED ROOM & ONE SHARED SPACE LEFT
People are mesmerized with Poland because of its unique blend of "fairytale come alive" scenery, warm and passionate locals and the ever-present sense of history. Krakow and the Tatra Mountains tour offers a rich insight into European history: the Teutonic Knights, the Golden Age of the Renaissance, the Art Nouveau movement, and the bleak years of communism, but this journey will also delight you with the natural beauty of the mountains, the exclusive spa resort and the vibrant art scene in the historic, cosmopolitan Krakow. We'll experience world-class art on a personal level, attend Chopin's piano recital and Klezmer music concert, and attend a private cooking class. We'll visit underground labyrinths of a medieval salt mine, the splendid Wawel Castle, art galleries, museums and poignant synagogues. Then, we'll relax in the picturesque Tatra Mountains among their snow patched peaks and crystalline lakes, take a tranquil river cruise, hike the easy trails among the spectacular scenery, and learn the elaborate Highlanders' dances. We are sure that you will fall in love with Poland with its atmosphere of a constant celebration, its romantic sidewalk cafes, borderlands' medieval castles and Renaissance palaces, as we delight in quaint, rustic landscapes of gingerbread cottages, storks' nests and roadside shrines bedecked with fresh flowers.
- You'll stay in the medieval city of Krakow for 4 full days; then spend 4 days enjoying the dramatic Tatra Mountains and being pampered at the alpine spa resort of Zakopane, before returning to Krakow for another day of exploring the city.
- While in Krakow, you will take in-depth private tours of the medieval Old Town, the Wawel Royal Castle, the Collegium Maius, and the Jewish neighborhood of Kazimierz. You will also visit the Wieliczka Salt Mine and the communist utopia neighborhood of Nowa Huta.
- In Zakopane, you will enjoy a relaxing river rafting trip down the Dunajec River Gorge, ride a cable car to snow-covered peaks, hike in the High Tatra Mountains, and take a traditional Polish cooking class.
- One of the tour's highlights will be an evening of Highlander dancing and Highlander dinner cooked over a bonfire.
- In the evening, you'll attend cultural events: piano concerts, night walks, carriage rides and bonfires.
- Throughout the tour you'll dine a la carte at carefully selected gourmet restaurants.
- 5 nights in a luxury boutique hotel in Krakow's Old Town;
- 3 nights in an exclusive mountain spa resort in Zakopane;
- A la carte gourmet dining - traditional Polish or vegetarian menu: 8 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 6 dinners, including drinks;
- Private, individual airport transfers, all transportation in Poland;
- Professional local guides and a full time tour director, all sightseeing fees;
- Private, traditional Polish cooking class;
- All tours and cultural activities mentioned in the itinerary;
- A spa session at the resort in Zakopane;
- All guides', driver's and restaurants' gratuities.
Additional/optional costs may include: optional single supplement, optional early hotel check-in, optional travel insurance, telephone charges, room service, laundry, tour director's gratuity, optional Auschwitz Holocaust Museum excursion on Day 9, personal expenses.
The cost does not include airfare.
- Krakow's medieval Old Town and the rugged drama of the Tatra Mountains
- Frozen in time villages with rich folk traditions and warm and welcoming people
- The ever-present sense of history
- The underground maze of Wieliczka Salt Mine
- The Jewish Kazimierz tour
- Communism Utopia tour of Nowa Huta
- Hiking in the Tatra Mountains
- Rafting in the Dunajec River Gorge
- Paying respects at Auschwitz Holocaust Memorial (optional tour)
- Klezmer music performance and Chopin's music concert
- Learning Highlander dances
- Lavish spa treatments
- Traditional Polish cooking class
|What Makes This Trip Special |
- Knowledgeable and passionate private guides who make Poland come alive
- Carefully designed itinerary, including signature Poland experiences
- Exclusive experiences, not available to larger groups
- A small group of maximum 16 like-minded women
- Accommodation in upscale, perfectly located hotels
- Dining at upscale, gourmet restaurants, including drinks
- Being treated as special, welcome guests
- Experienced, bilingual tour director
- No forced shopping