DATES & COST
May 19 - 27, 2023
9 Days / 8 Nights
This tour starts and ends in London
$4,780 per person/double occupancy
$1,480 optional single supplement
$420 additional night / per room
Includes all fees and taxes
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- 4 nights at the elegant Bailey's Hotel in central London's South Kensington and Chelsea neighborhood; 4 nights at the Regency style Francis Hotel in Bath
- 8 hotel breakfasts, 6 dinners, 2 lunches, including drinks - a la carte, traditional or vegetarian menu
- All transportation in London, and a comfortable, private bus while exploring the English countryside
- Sights and Soul Travels' Tour Director and Blue Badge certified guides, botanist guides and docents at local sights. Award-winning audio guided tours at the Roman Baths in Bath, and in Stonehenge
- All sightseeing fees and admissions as per itinerary
- A dinner cruise on the Thames River and a formal afternoon tea
- A visit to Stonehenge, the world's most renowned prehistoric monument, as well as the stone circles of Avebury and the Bronze Age Uffington Horse
- A private airport transfer on arrival and a group airport transfer on departure
- All restaurants', guides' and drivers' gratuities
Please Note: Since the Highgrove Gardens are HRH Prince Charles's private residence, this tour may be canceled at the last minute. Should this occur, it will be replaced with a tour of another garden estate.
Additional/optional costs may include: optional single supplement, optional travel insurance, early hotel check-in, meals not included in the itinerary, any required Covid-19 related testing, optional Tour Director gratuities, optional activities not included in the itinerary, telephone charges, room service, mini bar charges, laundry, personal expenses.
The tour cost does not include airfare to and from the tour’s location.
- Westminster Abbey and the Houses of Parliament
- The Tower of London
- British Museum
- A formal afternoon tea
- Dinner cruise on the Thames River
- Dining at a traditional English pub
- Walking along the Seven Sister white cliffs
- Sissinghurst Castle Gardens
- Bodiam Castle
- Botanical displays at Kew Gardens
- The Downton Abbey experience at Highclere Castle
- Walking in the footsteps of Jane Austen in Bath
- Exploring the prehistoric monuments in Stonehenge and Avebury
- HRH Prince Charles's Highgrove Gardens
Tour Director: Marina Rossow
Kings and queens, prehistoric monuments and famous art, forests and gardens, castles and pubs all define the English experience. During the London and the English Countryside tour, we'll experience both London: ancient and modern, funky and elegant, the city of royalty, art, the hip British style; and the fairytale English countryside with its gardens, castles, prehistoric monuments, grazing sheep, tiny Cotswolds villages and hearty pub food.
First, we'll get to know and love London, as we visit the city's most iconic sights: the Westminster Abbey, the Westminster Palace and the Houses of Parliament, the Tower of London and the British Museum, and dine while admiring beautifully lit up London landmarks during a night-time Thames River dinner cruise. We'll enjoy an atmospheric English pub and an elegant afternoon tea, shop for flowers and treasures at neighborhood markets and for the latest fashions at London's fabled department stores.
During our stay in London, we'll also journey outside of the city to walk along the dramatic Seven Sisters Cliffs, visit the Bodiam Castle and the Sissinghurst Castle Gardens to see some of the most thrilling landscapes in the south of England.
As we leave London and set out to explore the English countryside, we'll settle in the ancient Roman town of Bath, redesigned in the Georgian style and synonymous with Jane Austen's novels. We'll tour the Kew Gardens, the Highclere Castle, better known as Downton Abbey, hike in the Cotswolds by chocolate box perfect villages, streams and open meadows, and admire a multitude of castles, palaces, gardens, manor houses and hunting lodges. We'll explore prehistoric English heritage, including Stonehenge, Avebury and the Bronze Age chalk art, but mostly, we'll create lifelong memories, as we enjoy international dining, world art and history, and connect with new, like-minded friends.
- We'll spend 5 days at the elegant Bailey's Hotel, centrally located in London's celebrated Chelsea and South Kensington neighborhood, known for its museums, designer shopping and beautifully maintained city parks and gardens. Then, we'll spend 4 days in Bath at the stylish Francis Hotel, surrounded by the signature Regency style Georgian architecture.
- We'll take a dinner cruise on the Thames River, past the lit-up landmarks of the city and enjoy an elegant affair of the English afternoon tea.
- In the south of England, we'll take a walk along the white chalk Seven Sisters Cliffs, visit the Bodiam Castle and the Sissinghurst Castle Gardens.
- We'll tour the spectacular botanical displays at Kew Gardens and visit the Highgrove Gardens, surrounding the family home of The Prince of Wales and explore lovingly maintained gardens and open spaces.
- We'll travel back through time exploring the prehistoric ingenuity and human creativity in Stonehenge and in Avebury, and wonder at the stunning Bronze Age art left in the English countryside.
- We'll walk in the steps of Jane Austen (and Bridgertons), as we visit the ancient Roman city of Bath, with its honey-colored buildings and elaborate Regency Era gardens.
- We'll take a walk among the pastoral scenery of the Cotswolds, stopping in historic market towns and villages frozen in time, many of them starring in recent movies (Harry Potter, Pride and Prejudice, Bridgerton, Doctor Doolittle, Poldark).
- We'll dine in carefully selected gourmet restaurants, allowing for the fullest appreciation of England's international cuisine, including an upscale Indian restaurant, take in the ritual of an elegant afternoon tea and a friendly atmosphere of a traditional English pub.
Click on the image to enlarge the map
WHAT MAKES THIS TOUR SPECIAL
- Carefully designed itinerary, including both the iconic and very unique England experiences
- Exclusive experiences, not available to larger groups
- Knowledgeable private Blue Badge guides and award-winning audio tours
- Accommodation in upscale, perfectly located hotels
- Dining at upscale restaurants, including drinks
- A small group of maximum of 16 women
- Experienced Tour Director
- Inclusion of all tips and gratuities