DATES & COST
May 19 - 27, 2023
9 Days / 8 Nights
This tour starts and ends in London
$4,780 per person/double occupancy
$1,480 optional single supplement
$420 additional night / per room
Includes all fees and taxes
THIS TOUR IS FULL AND CLOSED
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- 4 nights at the elegant Bailey's Hotel in central London's South Kensington and Chelsea neighborhood; 4 nights at the Regency style Francis Hotel in Bath
- 8 hotel breakfasts, 6 dinners, 2 lunches, including drinks - a la carte, traditional or vegetarian menu
- All transportation in London, and a comfortable, private bus while exploring the English countryside
- Sights and Soul Travels' Tour Director and Blue Badge certified guides, botanist guides and docents at local sights. Award-winning audio guided tours at the Roman Baths in Bath, and in Stonehenge
- All sightseeing fees and admissions as per itinerary
- A dinner cruise on the Thames River and a formal afternoon tea
- A visit to Stonehenge, the world's most renowned prehistoric monument, as well as the stone circles of Avebury and the Bronze Age Uffington Horse
- A private airport transfer on arrival and a group airport transfer on departure
- All restaurants', guides' and drivers' gratuities
Please Note: Since the Highgrove Gardens are HRH King Charles's private residence, this tour may be canceled at the last minute. Should this occur, it will be replaced with a tour of another garden estate.
Additional/optional costs may include: optional single supplement, optional travel insurance, early hotel check-in, meals not included in the itinerary, any required Covid-19 related testing, optional Tour Director gratuities, optional activities not included in the itinerary, telephone charges, room service, mini bar charges, laundry, personal expenses.
The tour cost does not include airfare to and from the tour’s location.
- Westminster Abbey and the Houses of Parliament
- The Tower of London
- British Museum
- A formal afternoon tea
- Dinner cruise on the Thames River
- Dining at a traditional English pub
- Walking along the Seven Sister white cliffs
- Sissinghurst Castle Gardens
- Bodiam Castle
- Botanical displays at Kew Gardens
- The Downton Abbey experience at Highclere Castle
- Walking in the footsteps of Jane Austen in Bath
- Exploring the prehistoric monuments in Stonehenge and Avebury
- HRH King Charles' Highgrove Gardens
The best part of the tour was meeting and getting to know the other women on the tour. The bus was very comfortable. There were so many wonderful experiences but if I had to pick a favorite, it would be the visit to Parliament and Westminster. But experiencing afternoon tea (twice) was also fantastic. So many wonderful experiences packed into 8 wonderful days. - Sandra from California
This was a wonderful overview of London and the Cotswolds! I loved having so many chances to ride the tube in London. The guides were so helpful and interesting. The bus was fabulous, and the Bailey’s Hotel in London was lovely and in a great location. The food at the Number Four Hotel in the Cotswolds was very good; great service there overall. – Jan from Illinois
Using the underground in London was great planning – so efficient! Loved all of London and the location of the hotel out of central London. Westminster Abbey, Windsor and Oxford were highlights. – Mary-Louise from Minnesota
Although it was more strenuous than I thought it would be, it was a great introduction to England and never boring. I was a total newbie at traveling and learned so much, not only about England, but also about trying new experiences, pushing my comfort zone and how to travel. - Nadine from North Carolina
I enjoyed the tour. The pace was fast but comfortable. The tour leader and fellow travelers were generally easy to be around. – Celine from Arkansas
I loved the London & English Countryside tour so much. It was a dream come true. I didn’t have to manage anything, it was all managed for me. I felt very pampered and loved making new friends. I especially appreciated the tour leader’s time spent organizing and waiting in line for the tickets (all the things I didn’t have to do!). I will travel with Sights and Souls again. Thank you! – Cindy from Oregon
I love the experience of traveling with people who enjoy making new friends as much as seeing new sights! And Anne was wonderful! I would be delighted to be on another trip with her. She saw to the schedule with an eye to get the most time possible from each stop. I saw her very kindly work to include solo travelers with dinner plans, and etc. - Ruth from New Jersey
My friends are all “over” informed about Sights and Soul, because I talk nonstop about you. It was a fun and fantastic way for me to spend time with my daughter, sister and two nieces. Wonderful memories were made! I think you all are amazing, great trips and a caring attentive staff! Anne was attentive, making sure everyone was happy! She arranged dinners (for “free” evenings), suggested sights not to miss during free time. She is lovely! - Tammy from New Jersey
Another hit! Well done. I cannot wait until I retire and can go on tours that don’t take place over school breaks. - Karen from Delaware
Already scheduled tour #6 and #7 in 2018. I am always talking about Sights and Soul to patients, doctors, and other nurses. Always fabulous, very nicely done, and onward to the next destination. I don’t travel with anyone else. - Diane from Texas
I loved the Costwolds and Bath! I also enjoyed seeing Mousetrap, and all of the lovely meals we had (especially tea at Harrods!) Kew Gardens was also incredible. Our tour leader was great – she kept us organized and on time. My experience with Sights and Soul’s was fantastic! Every detail was accounted for and I was able to be present and relax without the responsibility of planning out every detail – a great gift! - Lauryn from California
My first group tour ever – definitely will not be my last World-class experience with a knowledgeable tour leader. Thank you for making my first group tour and my first trip to England such a PHENOMENAL experience. - Tammy from West Virginia
Loved the personal touches like Mimosas on the London Eye, and nicely chosen dinners. London was far more than I expected. Great group of ladies, super tour leader. Have never been disappointed. Am looking forward to my next trip. - Lindalee from Illinois
I absolutely loved this tour! Everything from the tea time in London to exploring Jane Austen was amazing. Lisa, the tour leader, had tons of great knowledge about everything. I am pretty much telling every woman I meet to check out your tours. - Lori from Illinois
The tour far exceeded my expectations. The accommodations were outstanding, the food was terrific, the itinerary was perfect, and I loved that we got to see and experience so much. I experienced an excellent tour of London, and the English countryside was just amazing. The hotel at Stow on the Wold was the best. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. - Karen from Illinois
A memorable tour not to be missed. Lisa was wonderful: patient, accommodating, friendly and helpful. An asset to the tour. - Virginia from Maryland
The London and the English Countryside tour was a wonderful expierence. The amazing itinerary, beautiful hotels and incredible food were made even better by the companionship of great women. I will definitely travel with Sights and Soul again. Also, I think that the samll, personal touches added so much to the overall experience. A birthday card, luggage accessories, and friendly, prompt e-mail replies were wonderful. I appreciated all the detailed information that was provided throughout the process. Can't wait to travel with you again! - Ronda from Texas
The England tour was amazing from start to finish, far surpassing my expectations! My memories will always include the ladies in the group and Becky, our tour leader! - RoseAnn from Texas
Thank you so much for your thoroughness and thoughtfulness in providing the best trip for us all! We had a terrific time in England! - Holly from Connecticut
I had a marvelous trip to London and its environs. The museums, theatre, people, sights and sounds, castles, history and more all made for a wonderful trip! Thank you very much for all of your hard work to make us all feel so at ease. - Edwyna from Washington
Thanks again for everything. Our London trip with my mother was the highlight of 2009 and a bright spot in my life. - Jen from Nevada
I appreciated seeing all the amazing sights and being with women who enjoyed the same as me. Keep doing what you're doing. - June from Illinois
Tour Director: Marina Rossow
Kings and queens, prehistoric monuments and famous art, forests and gardens, castles and pubs all define the English experience. During the London and the English Countryside tour, we'll experience both London: ancient and modern, funky and elegant, the city of royalty, art, the hip British style; and the fairytale English countryside with its gardens, castles, prehistoric monuments, grazing sheep, tiny Cotswolds villages and hearty pub food.
First, we'll get to know and love London, as we visit the city's most iconic sights: the Westminster Abbey, the Westminster Palace and the Houses of Parliament, the Tower of London and the British Museum, and dine while admiring beautifully lit up London landmarks during a night-time Thames River dinner cruise. We'll enjoy an atmospheric English pub and an elegant afternoon tea, shop for flowers and treasures at neighborhood markets and for the latest fashions at London's fabled department stores.
During our stay in London, we'll also journey outside of the city to walk along the dramatic Seven Sisters Cliffs, visit the Bodiam Castle and the Sissinghurst Castle Gardens to see some of the most thrilling landscapes in the south of England.
As we leave London and set out to explore the English countryside, we'll settle in the ancient Roman town of Bath, redesigned in the Georgian style and synonymous with Jane Austen's novels. We'll tour the Kew Gardens, the Highclere Castle, better known as Downton Abbey, hike in the Cotswolds by chocolate box perfect villages, streams and open meadows, and admire a multitude of castles, palaces, gardens, manor houses and hunting lodges. We'll explore prehistoric English heritage, including Stonehenge, Avebury and the Bronze Age chalk art, but mostly, we'll create lifelong memories, as we enjoy international dining, world art and history, and connect with new, like-minded friends.
- We'll spend 5 days at the elegant Bailey's Hotel, centrally located in London's celebrated Chelsea and South Kensington neighborhood, known for its museums, designer shopping and beautifully maintained city parks and gardens. Then, we'll spend 4 days in Bath at the stylish Francis Hotel, surrounded by the signature Regency style Georgian architecture.
- We'll take a dinner cruise on the Thames River, past the lit-up landmarks of the city and enjoy an elegant affair of the English afternoon tea.
- In the south of England, we'll take a walk along the white chalk Seven Sisters Cliffs, visit the Bodiam Castle and the Sissinghurst Castle Gardens.
- We'll tour the spectacular botanical displays at Kew Gardens and visit the Highgrove Gardens, surrounding the family home of The Prince of Wales and explore lovingly maintained gardens and open spaces.
- We'll travel back through time exploring the prehistoric ingenuity and human creativity in Stonehenge and in Avebury, and wonder at the stunning Bronze Age art left in the English countryside.
- We'll walk in the steps of Jane Austen (and Bridgertons), as we visit the ancient Roman city of Bath, with its honey-colored buildings and elaborate Regency Era gardens.
- We'll take a walk among the pastoral scenery of the Cotswolds, stopping in historic market towns and villages frozen in time, many of them starring in recent movies (Harry Potter, Pride and Prejudice, Bridgerton, Doctor Doolittle, Poldark).
- We'll dine in carefully selected gourmet restaurants, allowing for the fullest appreciation of England's international cuisine, including an upscale Indian restaurant, take in the ritual of an elegant afternoon tea and a friendly atmosphere of a traditional English pub.
Click on the image to enlarge the map
WHAT MAKES THIS TOUR SPECIAL
- Carefully designed itinerary, including both the iconic and very unique England experiences
- Exclusive experiences, not available to larger groups
- Knowledgeable private Blue Badge guides and award-winning audio tours
- Accommodation in upscale, perfectly located hotels
- Dining at upscale restaurants, including drinks
- A small group of maximum of 16 women
- Experienced Tour Director
- Inclusion of all tips and gratuities