Women Travel News. Why?
August 7 - 15, 2019
9 Days / 8 Nights
Tour starts and ends in London
$3,790 per person/double occupancy
$1,160 optional single supplement
$380 additional night / per room
Includes all fees and taxes
Click on the image to enlarge the map
During the London and the English Countryside tour, we'll experience both London: ancient and modern, funky and elegant, the city of royalty, art, theatre, and hip British style, and the fairytale English countryside with its gardens, castles, prehistoric monuments, grazing sheep, tiny Cotswolds villages and hearty pub food.
We'll get to know and love London, as we visit the Tower of London, the British Museum, Buckingham Palace, the National Gallery and the Westminster Abbey, ride the ultra-modern London Eye, enjoy a West End theatre show and a cruise up the Thames River to visit the dreamy Kew Gardens. We'll enjoy atmospheric English pubs and an elegant afternoon tea, shop for flowers and treasures at neighborhood markets and for the latest fashions.
As we set out to explore the English countryside, we'll visit Stonehenge, Oxford, the Windsor Castle, and the ancient Roman town of Bath, synonymous with Jane Austen's novels, hike in the Cotswolds by chocolate box perfect villages, streams and open meadows, and admire a multitude of castles, palaces, manor houses and hunting lodges. But mostly, we'll create lifelong memories, as we enjoy international dining, world art and history, and connect with new, like-minded friends.
- 8 hotel breakfasts, 5 dinners, 2 lunches, including drinks - a la carte, traditional or vegetarian menu;
- All transportation in London, including unlimited use of London tube and buses and a private bus while exploring the English countryside;
- Introductory, live-narrated double-decker London bus tour, Blue Badge professional guides at the Tower of London, the British Museum, Westminster Abbey, National Gallery of Art, Kew Gardens, Oxford, Bath, and award-winning audio guided tours at Windsor Castle, Roman Baths in Bath, and Stonehenge;
- An experienced tour director, all sightseeing fees and admissions as per itinerary;
- A West End theatre play;
- A visit to Buckingham Palace;
- A champagne experience and a panoramic view from the London Eye;
- A cruise down the Thames River;
- Full day hiking in the Cotswolds, including Bibury, Lower and Upper Slaughter, Stow-on-the-Wold, and Bourton-on-the-Water;
- A visit to Stonehenge, the world's most renowned prehistoric monument;
- A private airport transfer on arrival and a group airport transfer on departure;
- All restaurants', guides' and drivers' gratuities.
Additional/optional costs may include: optional single supplement, optional travel insurance, early hotel check-in, some meals not included in the itinerary, optional tour director's gratuities, optional activities not included in the itinerary, telephone charges, room service, mini bar charges, laundry, personal expenses.
The cost does not include airfare.
- Touring the Tower of London
- Visiting the Buckingham Palace and Gardens
- Westminster Abbey
- Cruising on the Thames River
- Taking an elegant afternoon tea
- Dining at a traditional English pub
- British Museum and the National Gallery of Art
- Riding the London Eye
- Admiring the botanical displays at Kew Gardens
- Seeing a play at a West End theatre
- Visiting the Windsor Castle, the largest castle in the world
- Strolling through colleges in Oxford
- Hiking in the fairytale Cotswolds hills
- Exploring the prehistoric monuments in Stonehenge
- Walking in the footsteps of Jane Austen in Bath
- Getting lost in the small-town atmosphere of Stow-on-the-Wold
|What Makes This Trip Special |
- Carefully designed itinerary, including signature England experiences
- Exclusive experiences, not available to larger groups
- Knowledgeable private Blue Badge guides and award winning audio tours
- Accommodation in upscale, perfectly located hotels
- Dining at upscale restaurants, including drinks
- A small group of maximum 16 women
- Experienced tour director
- Inclusion of all tips and gratuities