Women Travel News. Why?
Click on the image to enlarge the map
May 25 - June 2, 2022
9 Days / 8 Nights
Tour starts and ends in London
$4,380 per person/double occupancy
$1,440 optional single supplement
$420 additional night / per room
Includes all fees and taxes
Kings and queens, prehistoric monuments and famous art, forests and gardens, castles and pubs all define the English experience. During the London and the English Countryside tour, we'll experience both London: ancient and modern, funky and elegant, the city of royalty, art, the hip British style; and the fairytale English countryside with its gardens, castles, prehistoric monuments, grazing sheep, tiny Cotswolds villages and hearty pub food.
First, we'll get to know and love London, as we visit the city's most iconic, but rarely visited sights: the Westminster Abbey, the Westminster Palace and the Houses of Parliament, we'll ride the ultra-modern London Eye, and dine while admiring beautifully lit up London landmarks during a night-time Thames River dinner cruise. We'll enjoy atmospheric English pubs and an elegant afternoon tea, shop for flowers and treasures at neighborhood markets and for the latest fashions at London's fabled department stores. The highlight of our stay in London will be visiting the prestigious Royal Horticultural Society's Chelsea Flower Show, the most famous flower and landscape garden show in the world, attended by members of the British Royal Family and attracting visitors from all continents, as it is held every year since 1912.
We'll journey outside of the city to walk along the dramatic Seven Sisters Cliffs, visit the Bodiam Castle and Sissinghurst Castle Gardens to see some of the most thrilling landscapes in the south of England.
As we set out to explore the English countryside, we'll settle in the ancient Roman town of Bath, redesigned in the Georgian style and synonymous with Jane Austen's novels, as we tour the Kew Gardens, the Highclere Castle, better known as Downton Abbey, hike in the Cotswolds by chocolate box perfect villages, streams and open meadows, and admire a multitude of castles, palaces, gardens, manor houses and hunting lodges. We'll explore prehistoric English heritage, including Stonehenge, Avebury and the Bronze Age chalk art, but mostly, we'll create lifelong memories, as we enjoy international dining, world art and history, and connect with new, like-minded friends.
- We'll spend 5 days at the elegant Bailey's Hotel, centrally located in London's celebrated Chelsea and South Kensington neighborhood, known for its museums, designer shopping and beautifully maintained city parks and gardens. Then, we'll spend 4 days in Bath at the stylish Francis Hotel, surrounded by the signature Regency style Georgian architecture.
- We'll see London's most recognizable, but rarely visited architectural marvels: the Westminster Abbey, the Houses of Parliament and the Westminster Palace. Then, we'll wonder at the energy of the city from the London Eye, the world's highest Ferris Wheel.
- We'll take a dinner cruise on the Thames River, past the lit-up landmarks of the city and enjoy an elegant affair of the English afternoon tea.
- We'll visit the acclaimed Chelsea Flower Show to admire the world-class floral and landscaping displays.
- In the south of England, we'll take a walk along the white chalk Seven Sisters Cliffs, visit the Bodiam Castle and the Sissinghurst Castle Gardens.
- We'll tour the spectacular botanical displays at Kew Gardens and visit the Highgrove Gardens, surrounding the family home of The Prince of Wales and explore lovingly maintained gardens and open spaces.
- We'll travel back through time exploring the prehistoric ingenuity and human creativity in Stonehenge and in Avebury, and wonder at the stunning Bronze Age art left in the English countryside.
We'll walk in the steps of Jane Austen (and Bridgertons), as we visit the ancient Roman city of Bath, with its honey-colored buildings and elaborate Regency Era gardens.
We'll take a walk among the pastoral scenery of the Cotswolds, stopping in historic market towns and villages frozen in time, many of them starring in recent movies (Harry Potter, Pride and Prejudice, Bridgerton, Doctor Doolittle, Poldark).
- We'll dine in carefully selected gourmet restaurants, allowing for the fullest appreciation of England's international cuisine, including an upscale Indian restaurant, take in the ritual of an elegant afternoon tea and a friendly atmosphere of a traditional English pub.
- 4 nights at the elegant Bailey's Hotel in central London's South Kensington and Chelsea neighborhood; 4 nights at the Regency style Francis Hotel in Bath
- 8 hotel breakfasts, 6 dinners, 2 lunches, including drinks - a la carte, traditional or vegetarian menu
- All transportation in London, and a comfortable, private bus while exploring the English countryside
- A Blue Badge professional guide at Westminster Abbey, Westminster Palace and the Houses of Parliament; A Blue Badge professional guide in the city of Bath; an experienced guide at Seven Sisters Cliffs and at Highclere Castle; botanist guides at the Sissinghurst Castle Gardens, Kew Gardens and Highgrove Gardens, and award-winning audio guided tours at the Roman Baths in Bath, and in Stonehenge
- An experienced Tour Director, all sightseeing fees and admissions as per itinerary
- A champagne experience and a panoramic view from the London Eye
- A dinner cruise on the Thames River and a formal afternoon tea
- A guided walk in the scenic Cotswolds countryside
- A visit to Stonehenge, the world's most renowned prehistoric monument, as well as stone circles of Avebury and the Bronze Age Uffington Horse
- A private airport transfer on arrival and a group airport transfer on departure
- All restaurants', guides' and drivers' gratuities
Please Note: Since the Highgrove Gardens are HRH Prince Charles's private residence, this tour may be cancelled at the last minute. Should this occur, it will be replaced with a tour of another garden estate.
Additional/optional costs may include: optional single supplement, optional travel insurance, early hotel check-in, meals not included in the itinerary, optional Tour Director gratuities, optional activities not included in the itinerary, telephone charges, room service, mini bar charges, laundry, personal expenses.
The cost does not include airfare.
- Westminster Abbey and the Houses of Parliament
- Champagne experience at the London Eye
- A formal afternoon tea
- The cutting edge garden displays at the Chelsea Flower Show
- Dinner cruise on the Thames River
- Dining at a traditional English pub
- Walking along the Seven Sister white cliffs
- Sissinghurst Castle Gardens
- Bodiam Castle
- Botanical displays at Kew Gardens
- The Downton Abbey experience at Highclere Castle
- Walking in the footsteps of Jane Austen in Bath
- Exploring the prehistoric monuments in Stonehenge and Avebury
- HRH Prince Charles's Highgrove Gardens
|What Makes This Trip Special |
- Carefully designed itinerary, including unique England experiences
- Exclusive experiences, not available to larger groups
- Knowledgeable private Blue Badge guides and award winning audio tours
- Accommodation in upscale, perfectly located hotels
- Dining at upscale restaurants, including drinks
- A small group of maximum 16 women
- Experienced Tour Director
- Inclusion of all tips and gratuities