DATES & COST
November 2 - 15, 2023
14 Days / 13 Nights
This tour starts in Bankgok, Thailand and ends in Luang Prabang, Laos
$6,540 per person/double occupancy
$1,980 single supplement
$380 additional night - single or double room, includes a private airport transfer
Includes all fees and taxes
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- 13 nights' accommodations in modern, upscale hotels: 3 nights in Bangkok, 4 nights in Chiang Mai, 3 nights in Phuket, and 3 nights in Luang Prabang
- Fine dining: 13 breakfasts, 7 lunches and 8 dinners, including drinks
- Bottled mineral water and cold towels on days when touring by bus
- Professional local tour guides throughout the tour
- Sights and Soul Travels' Tour Director throughout the tour
- All transportation in Thailand and Laos: comfortable, air-conditioned buses and boats
- 2 domestic flights: Bangkok - Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai - Phuket and 1 international flight: Bangkok - Luang Prabang; all airline fees and taxes
- Private airport transfers on arrival and on departure
- All sightseeing fees and admissions for all attractions, activities and excursions mentioned in the itinerary
- Yoga and meditation on the beach, a private Thai Cooking Class, snorkeling in Andaman Sea, and all other activities mentioned in the itinerary
- All restaurants', guides' and drivers' gratuities
Optional single supplement fee, early hotel check-in, optional travel insurance, Laotian visa fee ($37US), overweight luggage fees, meals and activities not included in the itinerary, porterage, housekeeping gratuities, any required Covid-19 related testing, optional Tour Director's gratuities, spa and massage services, room service, mini bar, telephone charges and other personal expenses.
The tour cost does not include airfare to and from the tour’s location.
- Bangkok's opulent Grand Palace, the Emerald Buddha and the Temple of Dawn
- The magnificent Ayutthaya, the former capital of the Siam Kingdom
- Chiang Rai's White Temple
- A day volunteering at the Elephant Sanctuary
- Traditional Thai cooking class
- Khantoke Thai Dance Show
- Visiting ethnic tribes, including Long Neck Karen
- Day on a private sailing boat in the Andaman Sea off Phuket
- Snorkeling off Phi Phi Islands
- Yoga and meditation on the beach in Phuket
- Luang Prabang architectural gems
- Wat Xiengthong Temple
- Alms giving ceremony with Buddhist monks
- Kuang Si Waterfall
- Long boat excursion on the Mekong River
- Pak Ou Caves
WHAT MAKES THIS TOUR SPECIAL
- Carefully designed itinerary, including signature Thai and Laotian experiences
- Exclusive experiences, not available to larger groups
- Small group of maximum 16 women
- Knowledgeable and passionate private guides
- Visiting Long Neck Karen tribe, rarely seen by others
- An experienced Tour Director throughout the trip
- Accommodations in upscale, perfectly located hotels
- Inclusion of most meals throughout the tour, including drinks
- Inclusion of two domestic flights and 1 international flight in the tour price
- Inclusion of all restaurants', guides' and drivers' gratuities
- No forced shopping
Tour Director: Marlene Boyer
Thailand is a treasure trove filled with glittering temples, exotic markets, mystical Buddhist sanctuaries, dreamy white beaches and enhanced by sumptuous food. The country is rich in history and traditional culture which blend seamlessly with the contemporary lifestyle. From the gleaming ultramodern high rises and impressive temples of Bangkok, through tranquil waterways and lush jungle hideaways to the ancient beauty of Chiang Mai, the colorful hill tribes' villages in the North, and the world-class island beaches in the South, this trip will leave you dreaming of golden palaces and turquoise seas long after you leave. We'll tour Bangkok and the imperial Ayutthaya, the former capital of the Siam Kingdom, once considered the grandest city on Earth, spend an exciting day with Thailand's beloved elephants, study Thai cuisine and dance, offer alms to monks at some of Thailand's most sacred Buddhist temples, visit the exotic hill tribes, snorkel in the tropical paradise, as we sail off Phuket on a private speedboat, and enjoy the peaceful experience of yoga and meditation on the beach.
Known as the land of a million elephants, Laos is the most serene country in Southeast Asia. The landscape is a stunning mix of mist-shrouded mountain peaks flanked by jungle-clad valleys, beautiful French colonial towns, gilded temples, golden Buddhist stupas and the magic of the Mekong. Overused as a battleground in its time, Laos is now watching from afar as the rest of Asia is racing ahead. Both physically and spiritually, the world here moves at the pace of the saffron-robed monks who set out at dawn in search of alms. Laos is a place where the skyline is defined by mountains and temples rather than skyscrapers, where cicadas and waterfalls drown out the hum of city traffic and the only sound in the temples is silence. Exotic Laos is a laidback and charming place, characterized by scenic boat journeys, lush riverside settings, and the pervading Buddhist culture. During this journey, you will experience the essence of old Asia with glittering temples, unique hill tribe cultures, and the mighty Mekong flowing through it.
- While in Bangkok, we'll get an overview of the city with an elegant dinner cruise, then we'll tour Bangkok by a rice barge along the Chao Praya River and its ancient canals, stopping to visit the Wat Arun Temple, the Grand Palace, the Emerald Buddha, the Temple of Dawn and the Reclining Buddha, and drive tuk-tuks through Bangkok's flower markets, with their profusion of multi-colored orchids. We'll visit the Ayutthaya Historical Park, once the capital of the Siam Kingdom, with its ancient wats and royal compounds, as we enjoy the best of Thai cuisine on a traditional teak rice barge.
- While in Chiang Mai, we'll visit the temple of Wat Phrathat on the Doi Suthep Mountain, spend a day volunteering at the Elephant Sanctuary, and learn about Thai cooking, as we try our hand at this ancient art. We'll experience the Khantoke Thai Dance Show, and Thai hot springs, tour the amazing White Temple and visit the Lisu and Long Neck Karen ethnic minorities tribes, famous for their long-necked women wearing their exotic neck coils and intricate local costumes.
- In Phuket, we'll relax on the world-class beaches and maybe try Thai massage. We'll tour the Phi Phi Islands by a private speedboat, snorkel in the Andaman Sea, and enjoy the experience of yoga and meditation on the beach.
- In Luang Prabang, we'll tour the ancient royal capital of Laos with its elaborately constructed temples and royal palaces, we'll visit the Kuang Si waterfall with its multi-level turquoise pools, cruise on the Mekong River to visit the mysterious Pak Ou Caves and meet the hill-tribe ethnic Hmong people.
Throughout the tour, we'll enjoy luxury hotels, fine dining, passionate and knowledgeable guides, and exclusive activities which will let us experience Thailand and Laos on a deep, personal level.
Click on the image to enlarge the map