DATES & COST
March 30 - April 10, 2023
12 Days / 11 Nights
This tour starts in Casablanca and ends in Marrakech
$5,480 per person/ double occupancy
$1,580 single supplement
$320 additional night, single or double room (includes a private airport transfer)
Includes all fees and taxes
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- 1 night at a seaside hotel in Casablanca, 4 nights at a upscale hotel in Fez; 1 night at a kasbah hotel in Erfoud; 1 night at an exotic Sahara Desert Berber camp (luxury accommodations with a private bathroom); 1 night at a traditional Berber hotel in the Dades Valley; 3 nights at a traditional riad in Marrakech
- Private airport transfers on arrival and on departure
- 11 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 8 dinners at upscale restaurants or gourmet meals at traditional riads, including drinks
- Bottled water throughout the trip
- All transportation in Morocco in a comfortable, air-conditioned motor coach
- Knowledgeable Moroccan guides throughout the tour and at cultural and historical sights, a private driver and Sights and Soul Travels' Tour Director
- All restaurants', guides' and driver's gratuities
- All touring, activities, admissions, fees and attractions as mentioned in the itinerary
Additional/optional costs may include: optional travel insurance, optional single supplement, pre-tour accommodations, early hotel check-in, porterage, any required Covid-19 related testing, optional Tour Director's gratuities, room service, mini bar charges, laundry charges, phone calls, personal expenses.
The tour cost does not include airfare to and from the tour’s location.
- Imperial Cities of Rabat, Fez and Marrakech
- The ancient Roman city of Volubilis
- The Mid Atlas and the High Atlas mountain ranges
- Sahara Desert on a camel caravan
- Staying at a luxury Berber camp in the Sahara
- Dramatic Todra Gorge
- Fantasia Berber performance in Marrakech
- An authentic Moroccan cooking class
- Vivacious and historical Marrakech
- Romantic riads and ancient kasbahs
Tour Director: Anne Thompson
The exotic beauty of Morocco is veiled in legend and romance. Edith Wharton captured its magic when she described it as a "land of mists and mysteries, trailing silver veils through which domes and minarets, mighty towers and ramparts of flushed stone, hot palm groves and Atlas snows, appear and disappear at the will of the Atlantic cloud-drifts."
With the Deserts and Oases Tour, we'll embark on an exotic and luxurious journey, explore the world of Morocco's ancient cultural traditions and experience some of the most beautiful and dramatic scenery in the world: from the sun-kissed Atlantic beaches to the snow-covered peaks of the High Atlas Mountains, from classical Roman ruins to quaint Alpine villages, from colorful souks to sophisticated boutiques, and from cinnamon-colored sand dunes of the Sahara to the rustling palm trees in the tranquil, lush oases. We'll enjoy private luxury riads, the magic of ancient kasbahs and a dreamy night at a luxury Berber camp, under the countless stars of the Sahara. We'll camel caravan in the desert, walk through the Todra Gorge, take a private cooking class, and explore the labyrinths of perfectly-preserved medieval cities.
We'll spend 1 day in Casablanca, 5 days in the Imperial City of Fez, 2 days in the Sahara Desert, then 1 day in the Dades Valley, before concluding for 3 days in Marrakech.
- While in Casablanca, we'll tour the sophisticated Art Deco city on the shores of the Atlantic, visit Hassan II Mosque, second only in size to the Mecca and we'll have dinner at Rick's Cafe of the "Casablanca" movie fame.
- In Rabat, we'll tour Palais Royal, the Hassan Tower and the Mohammed V Mausoleum.
- We'll marvel at the impressive mosaics throughout the well-preserved Roman ruins in Volubilis.
- We'll take a private tour of Morocco's spiritual capital of Fez, as we explore the Royal Palace, the city's medieval labyrinth of streets, and the crumbling grandeur of the historic medina.
- We'll enjoy a private cooking class in Fez.
- We'll admire the towering Mid Atlas as well as the snow covered High Atlas Mountains.
- We'll spend a night in a luxury Berber camp, under the starry skies of the Sahara Desert.
- We'll walk through the dramatic Todra Gorge.
- We'll get entranced by the magic of Marrakech, as we tour the intricately decorated madrasas, the Bahia Palace, the Majorelle Gardens and enjoy the festive atmosphere of the Jemaa El Fna Square.
- We'll enjoy the elaborate cultural performance of Berber Fantasia.
Throughout the tour, we'll stay in upscale accommodations, both luxury riads and ancient kasbahs, dine in excellent restaurants and benefit from the knowledge and passion of our private Moroccan specialist guides, who will accompany us throughout the tour.
Click on the image to enlarge the map
WHAT MAKES THIS TOUR SPECIAL
- Accommodations in luxury hotels, boutique riads and ancient kasbahs
- Knowledgeable and passionate Moroccan guides
- Luxury air-conditioned motor coach throughout the tour
- A private cooking class in Fez
- Gourmet meals in private, restored riads
- A small group of maximum 16 people
- No forced shopping