Women Travel News. Why?
April 4 - 16, 2019
13 Days / 12 Nights
Tour starts in Casablanca and ends in Marrakech
$4,880 per person/ double occupancy
$1,340 single supplement
$280 additional night, single or double room (includes a private airport transfer)
Includes all fees and taxes
Click on the image to enlarge the map
The exotic beauty of Morocco is veiled in legend and romance. Edith Wharton captured its magic when she described it as a "land of mists and mysteries, trailing silver veils through which domes and minarets, mighty towers and ramparts of flushed stone, hot palm groves and Atlas snows, appear and disappear at the will of the Atlantic cloud-drifts."
With the Deserts and Oases Tour, we'll embark on the exotic and luxurious journey, explore the world of Morocco's ancient cultural traditions and experience some of the most beautiful and dramatic scenery in the world: from the sun-kissed Atlantic beaches to the snow-covered peaks of the High Atlas Mountains, from classical Roman ruins to Alpine villages, from colorful souks to sophisticated boutiques, and from cinnamon-colored sand dunes of the Sahara to the rustling palm trees in the tranquil, lush oases. We'll enjoy private luxury riads, the magic of ancient kasbahs and a dreamy night at a Berber camp, under the stars of the Sahara. We'll camel trek in the desert, hike in the Todra Gorge, take a private cooking class, and explore the labyrinths of perfectly-preserved medieval cities.
We'll spend 1 day in Casablanca, 5 days in the Imperial City of Fez, 2 days in the Sahara Desert, then 2 days in the Valley of Roses, before arriving in Marrakech for 3 days;
While in Casablanca, we'll enjoy the sophisticated Art Deco city on the Atlantic shores, visit Hassan II Mosque, second only in size to the Mecca and have dinner at Rick's Cafe;
In Rabat, we'll tour Palais Royal, the Hassan Tower and the Mohammed V Mausoleum;
We'll marvel at the impressive mosaics among the well-preserved Roman ruins in Volubilis;
We'll take a private tour of Morocco's spiritual capital of Fez, as we explore the Royal Palace, the city's medieval labyrinth of streets, and the crumbling grandeur of the historic medina;
We'll enjoy a private cooking class in Fez;
We'll admire the towering Mid-Atlas and the High-Atlas Mountains;
We'll spend a night in a luxury Berber camp, under the starry skies of the Sahara Desert;
We'll hike in the dramatic Todra Gorge;
We'll spend a day with the women in the Valley of Roses, collecting rose petals, having lunch in a private home and getting henna;
We'll get entranced by the magic of Marrakech, as we tour the Bahia Palace, the Majorelle Gardens and enjoy the festive atmosphere of the Jemaa El Fna Square;
We'll enjoy the dramatic performance of Berber Fantasia;
Throughout the tour, we'll stay in upscale accommodations, both luxury riads and ancient kasbahs, dine in excellent restaurants and benefit from the knowledge and passion of our private Moroccan specialist guides, who will accompany us throughout the tour.
- 1 night at a seaside hotel in Casablanca, 4 nights at a luxury riad in Fez; 1 night at a kasbah hotel in Erg Chebbi; 1 night at an exotic Sahara Desert Berber camp (luxury accommodations with a private bathroom); 2 nights at a traditional Berber hotel in the Valley of Roses; 3 nights at an upscale riad in Marrakech;
- Private airport transfers on arrival and on departure;
- 12 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 9 dinners at elegant restaurants or gourmet meals at private riads, including drinks;
- Bottled water throughout the trip;
- All transportation in Morocco in a comfortable, air-conditioned motor coach;
- Knowledgeable Moroccan guide who will accompany the group throughout the tour, guides at cultural and historical sights, a private driver and a professional tour director;
- All restaurants', guides' and driver's gratuities;
- All touring, activities, admissions, fees and attractions as mentioned in the itinerary.
Additional/optional costs may include: optional travel insurance, optional single supplement, pre-tour accommodations, early hotel check-in, porterage, optional tour director's gratuities, room service, mini bar charges, laundry charges, phone calls, personal expenses.
The cost does not include airfare.
- Imperial Cities of Rabat, Fez and Marrakech
- The Ancient Roman city of Volubilis
- The Mid Atlas and the High Atlas mountain ranges
- Sahara Desert on a camel trek
- Staying at a luxury Berber camp in the Sahara
- Dramatic Todra Gorge
- A day with local women in the Valley of Roses
- Fantasia Berber performance in Marrakech
- An authentic Moroccan cooking class
- Vivacious Marrakech
- Romantic riads and ancient kasbahs
|What Makes This Trip Special |
- Accommodations in luxury hotels, boutique riads and ancient kasbahs
- Knowledgeable and passionate Moroccan guides
- Luxury air-conditioned motor coach throughout the tour
- A private cooking class in Fez
- Gourmet meals in private, restored riads
- A small group of maximum 16 people
- No forced shopping