DATES & COST
July 5 - 13, 2023
9 Days / 8 Nights
This tour starts and ends in Reykjavik
$4,780 per person / double occupancy
$1,580 optional single supplement
$420 additional night at Reykjavik Hotel Centrum, single or double (includes airport transfer)
Includes all fees and taxes
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- 6 days / 5 nights at the modern, Scandinavian design hotel in the center of Reykjavik, followed by 3 days / 3 nights at a contemporary boutique hotel in downtown Akureyri
- Private airport transfer on arrival and a group transfer on departure
- Delicious a la carte meals: 8 breakfasts, 5 lunches, and 3 dinners, including drinks
- Touring geysers, glaciers, waterfalls, volcanoes, high bird cliffs, coastal fishing villages, thermal pools and ice fields
- Half-day Icelandic Viking horse riding on lava fields
- Private Golden Circle Tour
- Private, guided tours of Reykjavik and Akureyri
- Private South Coast Adventure Tour
- Private tour of Lake Myvatn geothermal area
- Visits to the Fontana Spa and to the Blue Lagoon
- All admissions and fees for attractions mentioned in the itinerary
- Private guides and drivers throughout the trip
- All restaurants', guides' and drivers' gratuities
- Airfare from Akureyri to Reykjavik, including all airline fees and taxes
- All sightseeing fees and admissions
- All transportation during the tour (including a comfortable, air-conditioned bus)
- Experienced, professional Tour Director throughout the tour
Additional/optional costs may include optional travel insurance, optional single supplement, early hotel check-in, optional additional nights at Hotel Centrum in Reykjavik, any required Covid-19 related testing, optional Tour Director gratuities, and personal expenses.
The tour cost does not include airfare to and from the tour’s location.
- The hip, cosmopolitan Reykjavik with designer shopping
- The mineral spas at Fontana at the Blue Lagoon
- Riding Icelandic Viking horses on lava fields
- Watching the geyser erupt
- Visiting Thingvellir National Park
- Seeing Gullfoss and countless other waterfalls cascade down the rocks
- Enjoying Nordic sagas woven into the landscape
- Watching dolphins, reindeer, whales and puffins
- Stunning waterfalls, pseudo craters and volcanoes
- Colorful rock formations and geothermal fields
- The Lake Myvatn area
- Husavik and Whale Watching Safari
- The Nordic ambiance of the town of Akureyri
- Dining on Icelandic cuisine
Another top shelf tour! Yolanta makes sure we are taken care of and have the best experiences.
– Brenda from New Jersey
I have wanted to travel to Iceland for many years. It is an amazing country and I’m so glad I got to see it!
– Jan from Tennesse
Iceland was a bucket list item for me and travelling with Sights and Soul Travels was an amazing way to check it off. A beautiful country, a superb tour director and 12 wonderful ladies to travel with. Could not have asked for more. Met and beat all of my hopes and expectations for this trip. Would travel with Sights and Soul Travel again in a heart beat.
- Sandy from Ontario, Canada
The Iceland Tour was interesting and enjoyable. We had a great tour director, great guides, great women and a great experience!
– Joanne from Missouri
The tour was great overall, just what I have come to expect of Sights & Soul.
– Marilyn from Rhode Island
The Blue Lagoon was very relaxing! Great trip! Great bunch of ladies! Wonderful tour of Iceland. Wonderful experience.
– Marie from Pennsylvania
This is my first trip outside the country since my husband died. I couldn’t have picked a better tour group to go on my first solo trip with!
– Della from Texas
I would absolutely recommend this tour to anyone who would like a slightly different experience, one in which you see a whole different world in comfort.
– Mary Ellen from Delaware
Sights and Soul Travels is really the only company to use to experience the best of any destination. And you’ll make 16 new best friends!
- Julia from New Mexico
A wonderful tour with a variety of experiences!
– Margaret from California
Loved Reykjavik… Loved not moving hotels but once… loved the Fridheimar greenhouse… Glad we flew to Akureyri rather than drive… Horses were great also! Iceland is a unique destination and Sights and Soul did an excellent job of providing a complete and varied experience of the country.
– Delora from North Carolina
I enjoyed everything about the Iceland tour. The scenery was gorgeous, the planned activities were fun & interesting, the local guide was extremely informative & professional, Renata was helpful, the women were friendly and fun, there was enough free time for individual interests, and the hotel had a convenient location with a very efficient staff. Thank you for the wonderful vacation!
- Susan from Nebraska
Very well planned, smoothly executed trip, and a lot of fun: I have to say I haven’t laughed for a whole week in a long time.
- Joyce from California
Everything was so well organized and easy. The tour leader was low keyed, efficient and friendly, and the guide was fantastic: personable, knowledgeable and fun! Iceland is a wonderful country, it’s so peaceful, clean and welcoming, and the landscape is absolutely stunning. You didn’t have to think about anything, just enjoy.
- Sydney from Alabama
I wanted to thank you and Sights and Soul for providing a beautiful, active trip to Iceland. It was effortless on my part, well planned with wonderful activities and sights.
- Carolyn from Idaho
This was absolutely the trip of a lifetime, and I want to thank everyone involved for making my first trip abroad so great. Knowing that everything was so well coordinated made it possible for me to truly enjoy the breathtaking landscapes of Iceland.
- Heather from Maryland
I totally enjoyed Iceland and would do it again in a heartbeat!
- Karin from North Carolina
One of the best experiences of my life. A diverse and wonderful group of women made it extra special, and Renata was fantastic. Her love of travel and enthusiasm are contagious.
- Deborah from British Columbia
Tour Director: Ingibjörg Jónasdóttir
Iceland is the land of surreal opposites: raging volcanoes and majestic glaciers, hot springs, and icy waterfalls. Much of the country is still taking shape, right before the eyes of visitors, as its raw, dramatic landscapes are born from volcanic eruptions and carved out by glaciers. On the other hand, there are parts of Iceland that have hardly changed since the first Viking settlers saw them more than 1,100 years ago. This breathtakingly beautiful island offers both exhilarating adventures amid the moss-covered lava fields, volcanoes and ice fields and the understated sophistication of the Nordic cities of Reykjavik and Akureyri. Traveling in Iceland, we will experience some of the world's most dramatic landscapes and geological wonders. From spectacular thundering waterfalls to boiling mud fields and steaming fissures, visiting here allows for a glimpse into the process of the Earth's formation, like no other place in the world. We'll fall in love with Iceland's pristine beauty, exciting geothermal activity, its wealth of bird and marine life, as well as its Viking legacy and stunning contemporary design.
With the Geysers and Glaciers Icelandic adventure, we'll embark on a voyage of adventure and discovery. We'll experience the astonishing beauty and geological marvels of this surreal country which arouse both reverence and awe. We'll be rewarded with an unforgettable journey into the land of the midnight sun and bright nights of song and dance in the crisp polar air. We'll explore this fascinating country with an experienced local guide, who will help us appreciate the endless variations of the Icelandic culture, scenery, geology, history, and adventures. At the day's end, we will enjoy the hip and funky Icelandic cities, as well as the delicious Nordic cuisine prepared with the freshest possible naturally grown ingredients and cutting-edge, designer shopping.
- We'll spend 5 nights at an upscale Scandinavian design hotel in the center of Reykjavik, followed by 3 nights in Akureyri's contemporary boutique Kea Hotel.
- We'll enjoy daily excursions visiting the classic Icelandic sights: glaciers, volcanoes, geysers, waterfalls, hot springs, thermal pools, black sand beaches, and beautiful, surreal landscapes.
- We'll ride the Icelandic Viking horse and the Golden Circle tour, as we discover Iceland's most spectacular natural wonders.
- We'll indulge in a mineral spa experience at the Fontana Spa and the Blue Lagoon.
- We'll explore the stunning waterfalls, volcanoes, pseudo craters, colorful rock formations, and the geothermal fields in the Lake Myvatn area.
- We'll visit Iceland's northernmost town of Husavik and enjoy the Whale Watching Safari.
- We'll dine in fine restaurants on classic Nordic and contemporary Scandinavian cuisine based on the freshest, naturally grown ingredients.
- We'll enjoy upscale shopping for designer fashion and housewares in both Reykjavik and Akureyri.
Click on the image to enlarge the map
WHAT MAKES THIS TOUR SPECIAL
- Accommodation in an upscale, perfectly located hotels
- Gourmet dining in Reykjavik and Akureyri
- A small group of a maximum of 16 women
- Experienced, professional Tour Director
- Carefully designed itinerary, including signature Icelandic experiences
- Knowledgeable and passionate private guides
- Exclusive experiences, not available to larger groups
- Inclusion of the domestic airfare
- No forced shopping