DATES & COST
November 8 - 19, 2022
12 Days / 11 Nights
This tour starts in Cape Town and ends in Johannesburg
$7,480 double occupancy
$1,960 optional single supplement
$380 optional additional night in Cape Town per room, including private airport transfer
Includes all fees and taxes
THIS TOUR IS FULL AND CLOSED.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- 5 nights in a modern designer hotel, located on the vibrant Victoria & Alfred Waterfront of Cape Town; 2 nights in the deluxe bush lodge overlooking the vast savannah and a watering hole in Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe; 1 night in the upscale modern hotel at the Johannesburg Airport; 3 nights in the luxury safari lodge located in the African Savannah off the Kruger National Park
- Delicious local meals: 11 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners, including drinks
- 4 domestic and international flights during the tour: Cape Town-Victoria Falls, Victoria Falls-Johannesburg, Johannesburg-Hoedspruit and Hoedspruit-Johannesburg, including all fees and taxes
- Private airport transfers on arrival
- All transportation in South Africa, Zimbabwe, and Botswana: private air-conditioned bus and a private chauffeur
- Sights and Soul Travels' Tour Director throughout the tour
- City tour of Cape Town, cable car excursion up to Table Mountain, Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens and Groot Constantia wine estate
- Cape Peninsula tour, including the Cape of Good Hope, Simon's Town and the Boulders Beach
- The Winelands tour including two wine estate visits with wine tours and tastings
- A knowledgeable and experienced local guides in Cape Town and Victoria Falls
- Two daily safaris (game viewing drives) conducted by experienced wildlife guides and trackers, and lodge activities at the private game reserve off Kruger National Park
- All activities, sightseeing fees and admissions as per itinerary
- All restaurants, guides and drivers gratuities
- Sunset cruise on the Zambezi River and the Boma dinner experience in Victoria Falls
- Group airport transfers in Cape Town, Johannesburg, Victoria Falls, and Hoedspruit
Additional/optional costs may include: passport fees, optional single room supplement, additional accommodations, early hotel check-in, travel insurance (required for South Africa, Zimbabwe and Botswana), any required Covid-19 related testing, safari guides' and trackers' gratuities, optional Tour Director's gratuities, meals not included in the itinerary, telephone charges, laundry, minibar and personal expenses.
The tour cost does not include airfare to and from the tour’s location.
- Cape Town's stunning V&A Waterfront
- Cape Town city tour
- Cable car to Table Mountain
- South Africa's Winelands wine route tour
- African drumming at Gold Restaurant
- Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
- South African designer shopping and local crafts
- Cape of Good Hope and Cape Peninsula
- Boulder Beach with African penguins
- Experiencing the native Zulu, Khasa and Shangaan cultures
- Seeing the Big Five (lions, leopards, elephants, buffalos and rhinos) up close
- Staying at luxury safari lodges and on a private game reserve
- Viewing the magnificent Victoria Falls up close
- The Zambezi River sunset cruise
- The Boma experience with dancing and drumming
- The Chobe National Park jeep and boat safaris
Tour Director: Marlene Boyer
South Africa is one of those destinations that dreams are made of: surreal mountain landscapes and sublime seascapes, world-class wildlife safaris, luxurious jungle lodges, cultural vivacity and history of the people, cosmopolitan cities and isolated Zulu and Shangaan villages, topped with the excellent South African wines and cuisine. With immensely varied terrain and rich natural diversity, South Africa offers a wide range of experiences and is a delight for the senses.
During our South African adventure, we will spend 6 days in Cape Town, taking in the vibrant city and the magnificent area that surrounds it. We will explore the Cape of Good Hope, where the Atlantic and the Indian Oceans meet, walk on the Boulder Beach among the colonies of African penguins, take the cable car to Table Mountain and walk to beautiful vistas overlooking the city. We will also tour the vineyards in the South African Winelands region with its renowned wineries and wine estates, see the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens to walk on carpets of exotic flowers and stroll in quaint fishing villages and towns with the impressive Cape Dutch architecture.
The most memorable part of visiting South Africa will be the 4 days spent on the African safari at the luxurious, yet authentic Kapama Private Game Reserve, part of the Kruger National Park ecosystem. Here, we'll experience the true magic of Africa, as we explore, accompanied by a private ranger and tracker, the stunning African bush and savannah and viewing the African wildlife up close during two daily game drives (safaris) starring the Big Five (Lion, Leopard, Elephant, Buffalo and Rhino), as well as bush walks and many optional activities.
The Victoria Falls or Mosi-oa-Tunya (the Smoke that Thunders) on the Zambezi River between Zambia and Zimbabwe are about one mile wide, the largest single sheet of water in the world, and present a remarkable spectacle, classified as one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. The tremendous amount of water falls into a very peculiar, narrow slot-like chasm that can be viewed falls face-on, which makes for a very unusual experience. The great Zambezi River starts in Zambia and meanders for 1,700 miles through several countries, affecting thousands of people and animals along the way, before it empties into the Indian Ocean in Mozambique. The sheer volume of water that flows through this planetary vein and manifests its grandeur at Victoria Falls, cannot keep from stirring an emotional response from all who visit. During our stay in Zimbabwe, we will not only admire the great spectacle of Victoria Falls, but we are also likely to see hippos, crocodiles, giraffes, baboons, elephants, and birds of prey along the riverbank or on one of the many islands that dot this wide river.
The Chobe National Park in Botswana, where we'll be able to see the world's largest herds of African elephants, as well as a myriad of other animals: zebras, hippos, impalas, buffalo and several predators, such as leopards and cheetahs. We'll participate in both the open jeep safari and the very unique boat safari on the Chobe River which almost guarantee phenomenal photo opportunities of elephants playing and drinking at the water's edge, crocodiles sunning themselves on the banks of the river and hippo pods cooling in the water.
Click on the image to enlarge the map
WHAT MAKES THIS TOUR SPECIAL
- Carefully designed itinerary, including signature South African, Zimbabwe, and Botswana experiences
- Exclusive experiences not available to larger groups
- Knowledgeable private guides, experienced safari rangers and trackers
- Accommodation in an upscale, perfectly located luxury hotel, a safari lodge and a pirvate game reserve
- Authentic African dining at upscale restaurants, including drinks
- A small group of maximum 16 women
- A professional, experienced Tour Director
- Private airport pick-up on arrival
- Culturally enriching and fun activities, perfect for solo travelers
- Inclusion of all restaurants, guides and drivers gratuities
- Inclusion of all domestic/regional airfares, national park fees, admissions and taxes
- No forced shopping