Women Travel News. Why?
April 29 - May 8, 2019
10 Days / 9 Nights
Tour starts and ends in Lisbon
$3,760 per person/double occupancy
$1,030 optional single supplement
$340 additional nights, single or double room, including airport transfer
Includes all fees and taxes
Click on the image to enlarge the map
The journey to Portugal offers magical landscapes of sandy beaches rimmed by burnished-gold cliffs, the impossible stone lace of Manueline architecture, fairytale walled towns, enchanted fishing villages and cosmopolitan seaside resorts, Baroque palaces and medieval convents, and golden hills topped with windmills and Moorish castles. The dramatic history of the Knights Templar and of the monumental Portuguese discoveries is softened by the coral-colored hibiscus flowers, rustling palm trees and purple wisteria wrapping around centuries old stone walls, elegantly painted blue and white ceramic tiles and the soulful fado music.
Portugal is a blissfully undiscovered destination with glorious beaches, bewitching grandeur of baroque palaces, superb cuisine, amazing wines and warm locals. This tour will allow you to not only create lifetime memories of a beautiful, yet meaningful place, but also create lasting friendships with like-minded women travelers.
- We'll spend the first 4 days in Lisbon's seaside resort of Cascais; the next 4 days in walled medieval town of Obidos, before returning to the center of Lisbon for an additional day of exploring the city.
While in Cascais, we'll explore the medieval Belem with the Belem Tower and the Monastery of Jeronimos, romantic castles, palaces and gardens of Sintra, exclusive beaches of Estoril and the gilded rococo palace in Queluz. We'll tour the National Sanctuary of Christ the King, visit a muscatel winery and attend a fado music concert.
While in Obidos, we'll marvel at the Manueline architecture in the Battle Abbey of Batalha and the Alcobaca Monastery, tour the Knights Templar stronghold in Tomar, experience the spiritual power at the pilgrimage site of Fatima, and relax along the dramatic beaches of Nazare.
Throughout the tour, we'll dine a la carte in carefully selected fine restaurants, getting to know Portuguese cuisine, especially its seafood and its terrific wines.
- 4 nights in a seaside resort hotel in Cascais; 4 nights in a luxury medieval villa within the walled town of Obidos; 1 night in a contemporary urban hotel in walking distance of Lisbon's major sights;
- 9 breakfasts, 8 dinners, 1 lunch and 2 wine and culinary specialties tastings - traditional Portuguese or vegetarian menu, including drinks;
- Private airport transfers on arrival and departure and all transportation in Portugal;
- Privately guided tours of Cascais, Belem, Queluz Palace, Sintra, Lisbon, Christ the King Sanctuary, Obidos, Fatima, Tomar, Batalha, Alcobaca and Nazare;
- English speaking guides and a full time tour director, all sightseeing fees and admissions;
- All restaurants', guides' and drivers' gratuities;
- All cultural activities, admissions and guided tours at sights as per itinerary.
Additional/optional costs may include: optional single supplement, optional travel insurance, early hotel check-in, porterage, meals not listed in the itinerary, optional tour director gratuities, telephone charges, room service, laundry, personal expenses.
The cost does not include airfare.
- Dramatic beaches rimmed by burnished-gold cliffs
- Rustling palm trees and coral-colored hibiscus flowers
- Hills topped with Moorish castles and walled towns
- Enchanting old fishing villages and cosmopolitan seaside resorts
- The impossible stone lace of Manueline architecture
- Walls, buildings and walkways lined with blue and white azulejo tiles
- Knights' Templar castles
- Baroque palaces and medieval convents
- Warm and passionate locals
|What Makes This Trip Special |
- A live fado music concert
- Staying at a restored villa in medieval Obidos
- In-depth tour of the romantic Sintra, following in the footsteps of Lord Byron
- Wine tasting and touring the sparkling wine vineyards
- In-depth tour of Knights' Templar stronghold in Tomar
- Emotional visit to Fatima
- A la carte dining, including drinks in upscale restaurants
- Privately hosted dinner in Lisbon