DATES & COST
August 25 – September 3, 2023
10 Days / 9 Nights
This tour starts and ends in Lima
$4,980 per person / double occupancy
$1,640 optional single supplement
$380 additional night at Casa Andina Private Collection Miraflores in Lima, single or double, includes airport transfer
Includes all fees and taxes
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- 9 nights at designer luxury hotels in Lima, Urubamba, Machu Picchu, Cuzco, and Puno
- Delicious meals: 9 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 6 dinners, including drinks
- Private airport transfers on arrival, group airport transfer on departure
- All transportation in Peru by a private, air-conditioned bus
- Andean Explorer train from Cuzco to Puno
- Domestic flights from Lima to Cuzco and from Juliaca to Lima, including all fees and taxes
- Vistadome panoramic train to and from Machu Picchu
- Private boat tour of Lake Titicaca
- Meeting with several highly accomplished women of Peru and learning about the history of Peruvian women
- All activities, sightseeing fees and admissions, as per itinerary
- All restaurants', guides' and drivers' tips, luggage handling at all hotels
- Private local guides throughout the tour, expert guides at historical sites and an experienced Sights and Soul Travels' Tour Director
Additional/optional costs may include: optional travel insurance, optional single room supplement, optional early arrival or late departure accommodations, any required Covid-19 related testing, optional Tour Director's gratuities, meals not included in the itinerary, telephone charges, laundry, minibar, personal expenses.
The tour cost does not include airfare to and from the tour’s location.
- Cosmopolitan Lima with its culinary culture
- Fascinating pre-Colombian artifacts in Lima museums
- Peruvian weaving and native textiles
- The mesmerizing indigenous rituals of the Sacred Valley communities
- The Inca heritage at the mystical Machu Picchu
- Enigmatic Moray circles and Maras pink salt pans
- Experiential Inkariy Museum
- Revered Inca Empire temples and fortresses in Cuzco
- Llamas and alpacas at the Sacred Valley Animal Sanctuary
- Staying at a former Jesuit convent, turned a luxury hotel in Cuzco
- Riding the Andean Explorer train through the Andes
- Exploring the reed islands of Uros, Taquile, and Amantani and the Aymaras people
- Learning about the women of Peru
I loved the trip to the local people. It was interesting to get a good look at Peruvian culture firsthand. Thanks for a wonderful experience! – Orma from Pennsylvania
Excellent! Loved the interactions with indigenous communities. Local guides were outstanding! – Mary-Louise from Minnesota
The tour was excellent. It was a good mix of natural beauty and cultural enrichment. – Judy from New York
I enjoyed the uniqueness of the tour very much, and learning about the Inca’s history and culture. The best experiences were visiting Machu Picchu and Lake Titicaca. – Janifer from Minnesota
Each and every tour I take with Sights and Soul becomes my newest “Trip of A Lifetime”. This is my 4th Sights and Soul Trip and Peru and the tour did not disappoint! In addition, the friendships formed by the women traveling together are fantastic! – Julie from New Mexico
Marlene was GREAT! Her bubbly personality made it fun and she went far above the call of duty. Everything went so smoothly because she was so organized. It was all hassle free. Great accommodations, lots to do, very unique experiences and the absolute best trip I have ever taken! I was so satisfied with the decision to make this trip. And Sights and Soul made it almost effortless! – Patricia from Arizona
The tour was very organized which maximized our exposure to Peru. It really couldn’t have been better. The hotels and restaurants were great too. – Barbara from Nevada
I loved the tour, we saw a lot of interesting things (villages) that were off the beaten path. I loved the Shaman, Machu Picchu, the reed islands. I liked the upscale accommodations which were nicer than I would have booked for myself, but a real treat. Marlene could not have been a better tour leader. She was inclusive, fun, and on top off all the details. - Susan from Massachusetts
Dropping you a line to tell you that I thought the trip to Peru was a fabulous experience. Just now sorting through pictures and remembering the journey. The "sights" we saw, the people we met, gave us a bird's eye view of the "soul" of the beautiful country. Marlene was a great leader. I also loved Yvette as a local guide who was with us for several days and Jean Jacques' honest approach to Machu Picchu. - Paula from Connecticut
Hotel selections: A+ / Tour Guides: A+ / Meals: A+ / Itinerary: A+ / Peruvian People: A+ - Phoebe from California
This was my third SST trip; I keep coming back because each experience surpasses the previous one. Pre- and post-trip communication is always top-notch – very informative and inclusive. The accommodations during our adventure are chosen with care and never fail to impress. I think all of the activities planned were wonderful and truly helped us to see and experience Peru through the eyes of Peruvian women. - Heather from Maryland
Just wanted to let you know I'm so glad I chose this trip. The pace was perfect, the accommodations were exceptional, and the visits to Isla Suasi, the Chinchero Textile Center and to the indigenous peoples will remain memories of a lifetime. I found no other tour company with such a fabulous itinerary. Thank you for an awesome adventure! - Carole from Pennsylvania
This tour was one of the best travel experiences I have ever had. Everything was top-notch from the tour organization, leader + local guides, quality of accommodation + total experience. I compared a number of tour companies before deciding to travel to Peru with Sights + Soul. The quality of the experience – sites visited, guides, hotels, etc., provided good value. - Nancy from Ontario
I experienced so many wonderful new things it would be hard to single out one best thing. Each day brought something new. I had so longed to experience Peru that I just literally soaked it all up. Marlene was great! She went above and beyond what I thought a tour leader would do. In general, this tour exceeded my expectations! I learned so much and got to experience so much of the culture of Peru! - Rexanna from Missouri
Peru was the trip of a lifetime. Marlene was wonderful – could not have been better. I love traveling with SST.- Karen from Florida
The Peru trip was excellent. Marlene was awesome. Always looking out for us, addressed any concerns, and stayed calm in all situations. The entire tour was fantastic. The hotels were perfect and the agenda was packed, so I saw everything I wanted to see, too! - Julia from New York
I can’t say enough about the Peruvian trip. Marlene’s enthusiasm and the local guides made the trip very special. The Peruvian accommodations were excellent. The theme of Andean Women’s Culture was woven throughout and very evident. The visits to see the ancient native communities of Cuyuni and the Uros reed isles people were outstanding. The food was delicious (best & most consistent of any trips I can remember). The Andean scenery, animals and botanical flowers were a sight to behold. I took over 600 photos. We were blessed with very good weather. The group of ladies were varied and fun. I made some special friendships. I came home satisfied and a smile on my face that I had seen/learned everything I had expected and much MORE. - Lou from Florida
I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed Peru - the people, the food and the sights were fabulous. On a side note, the hotel in Cusco was outstanding - I loved the blend of old and new. Marlene was a great tour leader. She is patient, enthusiastic and always upbeat! Thank you for arranging such an interesting tour! - Pam from Alberta
Tour Director: Marlene Boyer
Peru is a land of archaeological, cultural, and natural treasures. From the soaring peaks of the Andes to the tranquil Lake Titicaca, and from the magnificent Inca heritage to the Spanish conquistadors' colonial mansions, it fascinates with the allure of the ancient and the mysterious. While the country boasts the stunning legacy of the Incas and other sophisticated pre-Colombian civilizations, it is also a place to admire the brilliant hand-woven textiles, exuberant celebrations, exotic animals, and intriguing people.
The Sights and Soul Travels' exploration of Peru Through the Eyes of Women offers a look into the soul of the country and the role of women in Peruvian societies over the last two thousand years. Over the course of the journey, we'll explore the grandeur of the cosmopolitan Lima, one of the world's culinary meccas, with elegant Spanish architecture and world-class museums. At Larco Museum, we'll discuss the role of women in pre-Colombian Peru with its curator, and at Barbosa-Stern collection, we'll meet with its founder and art restorer to talk about the artifacts that still bear silent testimony to the power of past civilizations. While exploring the Sacred Valley, we'll meet the woman who devoted her life to the preservation of the native Andean weaving traditions, witness indigenous rituals and meet Andean artisans to gain an understanding of Peru's deep cultural roots.
The highlight of any trip to Peru is visiting Machu Picchu. At its height, the Inca Empire was a highly developed civilization, and it is reflected in the magnificent remains of Machu Picchu. As we tour this amazing site, we'll enjoy the insight of an expert anthropologist guide, who will accompany us during this special visit. Later, we'll tour the enigmatic Sacred Valley of the Incas and the historic Cuzco, synonymous with South American lost civilizations, and see some of the most revered temples and architectural masterpieces of the Inca Empire. Finally, we'll take the luxurious Andean Explorer train past the soaring Andes peaks to unwind on the peaceful Lake Titicaca, where the snowcapped Andes provide a breathtaking backdrop to the deep blue lake, and where the top-hatted Uros people live on floating islands made of reeds.
- While in Lima, we'll enjoy private tours of the Larco Herrera Museum and the Barbosa-Stern Collection accompanied by their curators. We'll tour the city and enjoy a gourmet culinary experience at a restaurant located at the ancient Inca site of Huaca Pucllana.
- While in the Sacred Valley's Urubamba, we'll witness indigenous rituals, such as “Tribute to the Mother Earth”, a ceremony to renew life energy, performed by the Shaman and accompanied by Andean music. We'll meet the founder of the Center for Traditional Textiles and learn about Andean weaving. We'll visit the Incas' fortifications at Ollantaytambo, the Moray circular terraces and the pink salt pans in Maras.
- While in Machu Picchu, we'll tour the site with a renowned Inca anthropologist, Jean Jacques Decoster.
- While in Cuzco, we'll be staying at a former Jesuit convent, turned into an exclusive hotel, and our tour of the city will include the Cuzco cathedral, the temple of Koricancha, dedicated to the Sun God, the walled fortress of Sacsayhuaman, and the colorful local market of San Pedro.
- While exploring Lake Titicaca, we'll meet the Aymaras people, who live on the Uros Islands, made of reeds growing in the lake's shallows; we'll visit the islands of Taquile and Amantani, where we'll have lunch at a local home and observe the old Quechua traditions such as stone carving, basket making, and the ritual knowledge of medicine men.
Throughout the tour, we will dine in carefully selected gourmet restaurants and sample delicious wines and exceptional, innovative cuisine.
Click on the image to enlarge the map
WHAT MAKES THIS TOUR SPECIAL
- Carefully designed itinerary, including signature Peru experiences
- Exclusive experiences not available to other groups
- Knowledgeable private guides, including a renowned Inca anthropologist
- Accommodation in perfectly located luxury hotels
- Dining at upscale restaurants, including drinks
- A small group of maximum 16 women
- A professional, experienced Tour Director
- Inclusion of all tips and gratuities
- No forced shopping