Women Travel News. Why?
Click on the image to enlarge the map
May 14 - 24, 2022
11 Days / 10 Nights
Tour starts and ends in Athens
$4,860 per person/double occupancy
$1,520 optional single supplement
$360 additional day / per room (includes airport transfer)
Includes all fees and taxes
Lapped by the azure Ionian and Aegean seas, Greece is considered the cradle of Western civilization. From art to science and democracy to philosophy, the accomplishments of the ancient Greeks have shaped the foundations of Western civilizations. Meanwhile, both the Greek mainland and its 6,000 islands enchant with their unique beauty, archaeological treasures and the glittering aquamarine seas that surround them. During the Athens and the Greek Isles Tour, we will embark on an exclusive voyage of discovery, follow the ancient epic tales and encounter history where it was made, while getting immersed in the flavors, colors and traditions of Greece.
In Athens, we will discover treasures of the Acropolis, including the masterpiece of Periclean Athens: the Parthenon; then we'll explore the ancient Agora and the New Acropolis Museum with a private guide who will bring those iconic monuments to life.
In Santorini, we'll sail around the island on a private catamaran, explore the crescent of the island surviving after the Late Bronze era volcanic explosions, the picturesque vineyards and traditional villages, enjoy the spectacular sunsets, visit the Profitis Ilias Monastery and maybe even ride a donkey.
In Crete, the legendary birthplace of Zeus, we will bask in the history, ambiance and beauty of the island, as we visit the Minoan Palace in Knossos, the Venetian designed town of Chania, the historic Agia Tiriada Monastery, then take a Mediterranean cooking class. We'll admire ancient temples and lively villages, but we'll also have time to relax on the beach, swim and enjoy the Greek Isles which are defined by the sapphire waters and the remains of the richest Mediterranean cultures that intersected and influenced each other here.
- We'll spend 2 nights in a boutique hotel in Athens, 3 nights in cliff-hugging villas on the Island of Santorini, 1 night at a Venetian harborside hotel in Heraklion and 4 nights at an exclusive resort on the beautiful Island of Crete. Transfer between the islands will be on hydrofoil and by air.
- While in Athens, we will delve into the complexities of ancient Greek history and culture with private, in-depth tours of the Acropolis, the Parthenon and the Agora. We'll meander through the ancient alleyways of Plaka, as we soak up the relaxed, festive atmosphere and sample delicious Greek specialties in lively tavernas.
- While in Santorini, we will visit the ancient villages of Fira and Oia, explore the Profitis Ilias Monastery, sail around the island in a private catamaran and see one of the island's unusual wineries. There will also be time to relax on the island's dramatic beaches, watch the spectacular sunsets and shopping for local treasures.
- We will spend several days on the Island of Crete, exploring the monuments of the ancient Minoan civilization, enjoying the elegant ambiance of the Venetian town of Chania, visiting the olive oil producing Monastery of Agia Triada and learning to cook Cretan dishes, to dance the Syrtaki (Zorba's dance) and festive Greek entertainment.
- Throughout the tour we will dine in carefully selected gourmet restaurants and sample many delicious Greek wines and the amazing local specialties.
Additional/optional costs may include: optional single room supplement, early hotel check-in, optional travel insurance, meals not included in the itinerary, optional Tour Director gratuities, telephone charges, laundry charges, minibar and similar personal expenses.
The cost does not include airfare.
- Lit up Parthenon atop the Acropolis Hill viewed from your Athens hotel
- Hadrian's Gate, the Temple of Poseidon, the Agora, the Dionysus Theatre
- Lively Plaka with colorful tavernas and shops selling local crafts
- White, black and red beaches of Santorini
- Sailing the Aegean on a private catamaran and Santorini sunsets
- The Profitis Ilias Monastery with a 360 degree view of the mythical Atlantis
- Minoan Palace in Knossos
- Venetian harbor in Chania
- Olive Oil tasting at Crete's Agia Triada Monastery
- Learning to cook Mediterranean Greek cuisine
- Sampling Greek wines
- The soft, sugary sand of Cretan beaches
- Shopping for treasures in artisans' shops in the narrow streets of Chania
|What Makes This Trip Special |
- Accommodations in upscale, boutique hotels
- Staying on the island of Santorini for 4 days
- Upscale restaurants and a la carte dining
- Knowledgeable and passionate private guides
- Exclusive experiences, not available to larger groups
- Sailing around Santorini on a private yacht
- Private cooking class on an ancient Cretan estate
- A small group of maximum 16 women
- Knowledgeable and experienced Tour Director
- Inclusion of domestic flights in the tour price
- No forced shopping