Women Travel News. Why?
September 7 - 17, 2020
11 Days / 10 Nights
Tour starts and ends in Athens
$4,580 per person/double occupancy
$1,420 optional single supplement
$340 additional day / per room (includes airport transfer)
Includes all fees and taxes
Click on the image to enlarge the map
Lapped by the azure Ionian and Aegean seas, Greece is considered the cradle of the Western civilization. During the Athens and the Greek Isles Tour, you will embark on an exclusive voyage of discovery, follow the ancient epic tales and encounter history where it was made.
In Athens, we will discover treasures of the Acropolis, including the masterpiece of Periclean Athens: the Parthenon, then explore the ancient Agora and the New Acropolis Museum with a private guide who will bring those iconic monuments to life.
In Santorini, we'll sail around the island on a private catamaran, explore the crescent of the island surviving after the Late Bronze era volcanic explosions, the picturesque vineyards and traditional villages, enjoy the spectacular sunsets, visit the Profitis Ilias Monastery and maybe even ride a donkey.
In Crete, the legendary birthplace of Zeus, we will bask in the history, ambiance and beauty of the island, as we visit the Minoan Palace in Knossos, the Venetian designed town of Chania, the historic Agia Triada Monastery, then take a Mediterranean cooking class. We'll admire ancient temples and lively villages, but we'll also have time to relax on the beach, swim and enjoy the Greek Isles which are defined by the sapphire waters and the remains of the richest Mediterranean cultures that intersected and influenced each other here.
- We'll spend 2 nights in a boutique hotel in Athens, 3 nights in cliff-hugging villas on the Island of Santorini, 1 night at a harborside hotel in Heraklion and 4 nights at an exclusive resort on the beautiful island of Crete. Transfer between the islands will be on fast ferries and by air.
- While in Athens, we will delve into the complexities of the ancient Greek history and culture with private, in-depth tours of the Acropolis, the Parthenon and the Agora. We'll meander through the ancient alleyways of Plaka, as we soak up the relaxed, festive atmosphere and sample delicious Greek specialties in lively tavernas.
- While in Santorini, we will get to know the ancient villages of Fira and Oia, explore the Profitis Ilias Monastery, sail around the island in a private catamaran and visit one the island's unusual wineries. There will also be time to relax on the island's dramatic beaches, watch the spectacular sunsets and for shopping.
- We will spend several days on the Island of Crete, exploring the monuments of the ancient Minoan civilization, enjoying the elegant ambiance of the Venetian town of Chania, visiting the olive oil producing Monastery of Agia Triada and learning to cook Cretan dishes, to dance the Syrtaki (Zorba's dance) and festive Greek entertainment.
- Throughout the tour we will dine in carefully selected gourmet restaurants and sample many delicious Greek wines and amazing local specialties.
- 2 nights in an upscale, modern hotel in Athens; 3 nights in a cliffside hotel in Fira on Santorini Island; 1 night in a boutique hotel in Heraklion, overlooking the Venetian fortress and the sea; 4 nights in a resort hotel in Chania on the island of Crete
- Individual airport transfers on arrival
Delicious a la carte meals: 10 breakfasts, 7 dinners, 5 lunches, including drinks - traditional Mediterranean or vegetarian menu, including drinks
- All transportation in Greece: comfortable bus, inter-island hydrofoil and two domestic flights between Athens and the islands
- Private, professional guides at all sites and an experienced Tour Director
- All restaurants’, drivers’ and guides’ gratuities
- Sightseeing admissions, tours and cultural activities as per itinerary
Additional/optional costs may include: optional single room supplement, early hotel check-in, optional travel insurance, meals not included in the itinerary, optional Tour Director gratuities, telephone charges, laundry charges, minibar and similar personal expenses.
The cost does not include airfare.
- Lit up Parthenon atop the Acropolis Hill
- Hadrian's Gate, the Temple of Poseidon, the Agora, the Dionysus Theatre
- The Acropolis
- Lively Plaka with colorful tavernas and shops selling local crafts
- White, black and red beaches of Santorini
- Sailing the Aegean on a private catamaran and Santorini sunsets
- The Profitis Ilias Monastery with the 360 degrees view of the mythical Atlantis
- Minoan Palace in Knossos
- Venetian harbor in Chania
- Olive oil tasting at Crete's Agia Triada Monastery
- Learning to cook Greek Mediterranean cuisine
- Sampling Greek wines
- The soft, sugary sand of Cretan beaches
- Shopping for treasures in artisans' shops in the narrow streets of Chania
|What Makes This Trip Special |
- Accommodations in upscale, boutique hotels
- Staying on the island of Santorini for 4 days
- Upscale restaurants and a la carte dining
- Knowledgeable and passionate private guides
- Exclusive experiences, not available to larger groups
- Sailing around Santorini on a private yacht
- Private cooking class on an ancient Cretan estate
- A small group of maximum 16 women
- Knowledgeable and experienced Tour Director
- Inclusion of domestic flights in the tour price
- No forced shopping