DATES & COST
November 30 - December 10, 2022
11 Days / 10 Nights
This tour starts and ends in Cairo
$4,760 per person / double occupancy
$1,480 optional single supplement
$340 additional night, including private transfer, single or double
Includes all fees and taxes
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- 3 nights at a luxury hotel in Cairo; 2 nights at an upscale Nile-side hotel in Luxor; 4 nights on a deluxe Nile Riverboat; 1 night at the modern Cairo airport hotel
- Private airport transfers on arrival and on departure from Cairo
- The Egyptian entry visa and a private immigration assistant on arrival
- All meals throughout the tour, at fine hotel dining rooms, local restaurants and onboard the Nile riverboat: 10 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 10 dinners, including drinks, and bottled water at all meals
- Three domestic flights in Egypt and all transportation in Egypt in a private, air-conditioned motor coach
- Bottled water on days when touring by bus
- Knowledgeable Egyptologist guide, who will accompany the group throughout the tour, a private driver and a professional Tour Director
- A designated security guard throughout the tour
- All admissions and attractions mentioned in the itinerary
- All restaurants', guide's and drivers' gratuities
- All taxes, fees, fuel charges and supplements
Additional/optional costs may include: optional travel insurance, optional single supplement, optional additional accommodations, any required Covid-19 related testing, optional Tour Director's gratuities, room service, mini bar charges, laundry charges, phone calls, personal expenses.
The tour cost does not include airfare to and from the tour’s location.
- The Great Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx
- Saqqara Pyramids
- Sensory extravagance of Old Cairo
- The National Museum of Egyptian Civilization in Cairo
- Cruising the Nile River
- Karnak and Luxor Temples
- The Valley of the Kings
- Queen Hatshepsut's Temple
- King Tut's and Ramses VI's tombs
- Edfu and Kom Ombo Temples
- Nile cataracts in Aswan
- Phalie Temple
- Ramses II and Nefertari's Temples in Abu Simbel
Along the Nile River's fertile plains, the earliest human civilization gave rise to one of the most powerful and intriguing cultures: ancient Egypt. Since then, the Nile River and the Egyptian pyramids have captivated our imagination like no other icons.
With the Pyramids and the Nile Tour, we'll embark on the voyage of a lifetime, exploring the ancient Egypt and sailing along the Nile, one of the Earth's most revered rivers. We'll be rewarded with an unforgettable journey which makes history come alive, as we discover the magnificent temples at Karnak and Luxor, the extraordinary painted tombs in the Valley of the Kings, the surreal Abu Simbel, and the iconic Great Pyramids. We'll study the mysterious realm of the pharaohs and visit their colossal monuments and elaborate tombs. We'll learn about the pantheon of Egyptian gods, ponder the beauty of hieroglyphics, see the wonders of modern engineering in Aswan and participate in engaging discussions on both ancient and modern Egypt. We'll also explore the vibrant Cairo, and gain insight into a culture and religion that are integral to today's geopolitical issues. We'll see magical places full of architectural gems, important museum collections, and learn about life along the Nile, as we cruise aboard a luxury riverboat. A special highlight of this tour will be visiting the newly opened National Museum of Egyptian Civilization with its collection of recently relocated mummies and many pieces displayed for the first time.
We'll spend 4 days in Cairo, the fascinating capital of Egypt; 2 days in Luxor, the ancient Thebes; and 5 days onboard a luxury Nile riverboat.
While in Cairo, we'll wonder at the city of sky-scrapers that rise in contrast to tapered minarets, at the Pyramids of Giza and their guardian Sphinx, the Saqqara Pyramids, the Ben Ezra Synagogue, the Hanging Church and visit the newly opened Grand Egyptian Museum, the world's largest archeological museum.
While in Luxor
, we'll tour the Valley of the Kings
with its colorful tombs carved out of rocky cliffs, including Ramses VI
's tomb and King Tut's tomb
, Queen Hatshepsut's Temple
, built to honor the god Amun, the Karnak Temple
and the Luxor Temple.
While on the Nile cruise
, we'll stop to explore the Edfu Temple
and the Kom Ombo Temple
, we'll admire the beautiful Aswan
with its Temple of Phalie
, dedicated to the goddess Isis and the god Osiris, we'll sail on a traditional Felucca sailboat
and stroll through Aswan's exotic botanical gardens.
Before returning to Cairo, we'll enjoy a rare treat, as we fly to Abu Simbel to see the iconic Ramses II Temples and Nefertari's Temple.
As part of the experience, we'll visit a private Egyptian home and dine on the local specialties prepared just for us.
Throughout the tour, we'll stay in 5 star hotel accommodations
, dine in excellent restaurants, as well as local eateries to experience the authentic Egyptian flavors, and benefit from the knowledge and passion of our private Egyptologist guide
, who will accompany us throughout the tour.
Click on the image to enlarge the map