Women Travel News. Why?
May 24 - June 2, 2019
10 Days / 9 Nights
Tour starts in Zagreb and ends in Dubrovnik
$3,964 per person/double occupancy
$1,180 optional single supplement
Early arrival: $340 single or double room, includes airport transfer
Includes all fees and taxes
Click on the image to enlarge the map
The Dalmatian Coast is defined by the sapphire waters of the Adriatic Sea, and Croatia is where over the centuries the richest Mediterranean cultures have intersected and influenced each other.
During the Dubrovnik and the Dalmatian Coast tour, we will discover the capital city of Zagreb, explore Roman ruins in the white marble cities of Split and Trogir, Greek temples strewn among the hills, the Byzantine mosaics in shadowy, candle-lit churches and ornately carved Venetian palaces in Dubrovnik. We'll discover the quintessential Mediterranean landscapes of spellbinding red-roofed towns spilling to the sea, idyllic beaches and secret coves surrounded by the Earth's bluest sea and timeless islands rising out of the horizon. We'll get a chance to appreciate the Dalmatian spirit which fills the air with the scent of lavender and cedar, with warmth and an unhurried pace, sample great seafood and amazing wines, sail on an antique galleon boat, sample freshly caught oysters and local champagne, and enjoy the spectacular show of nature among the impossible waterscape of blue-green lakes and waterfalls in Plitvice Lakes National Park.
- While in Dubrovnik, we will stay for 4 nights at an upscale Mediterranean hotel, from where we'll explore the ancient city of Dubrovnik, take a private boat cruise on the Adriatic Sea to the Elaphite Archipelago islands, tour the ancient, walled village of Ston, famous for oyster fields over which battles have been fought since the Roman times, and learn about oyster cultivation and proper champagne and oyster pairing, and tour the Dalmatian countryside, with its vineyards, oyster bays and lively folklore traditions.
We'll spend a day in the country of Bosnia and Herzegovina, visiting Mostar with its famous bridge, considered the very point where East and West meet.
- 2 nights at an exclusive hotel in Zagreb;
- 3 nights at a beach resort in Split;
- 4 nights at a luxury Mediterranean hotel in Dubrovnik in walking distance to the Old Town;
- Delicious meals - traditional Mediterranean or vegetarian menu: 9 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 5 dinners;
- Private tours of Plitvice Lakes, Trogir, Solin, Split with Emperor Diocletian's Palace, Hvar Island, Mostar, Old Town Dubrovnik, Peljesac Peninsula Oyster and Champagne Experience, private boat cruise around the Elaphite Archipelago Islands;
- Private chauffeured airport transfers on arrival and on departure;
- Private bus transportation throughout the tour;
- Experienced local guides and an experienced, bilingual tour director;
- All guides', drivers' and restaurants' tips;
- All sightseeing fees, admissions and cultural activities.
Additional/optional costs may include: optional single room supplement, optional travel insurance, early hotel check-in, meals not included in the itinerary, optional tour director's gratuities, telephone charges, laundry, personal expenses.
The cost does not include airfare.
- Blue-green lakes and waterfalls of Plitvice National Park
- Zagreb's history and the Habsburg architecture
- The island city of Trogir
- The Emperor Diocletian's Palace in Split
- The Island of Hvar enveloped in the scent of roses, pines and lavender
- Dubrovnik's Old Town - the Jewel of the Adriatic Sea
- Tasting Ston oysters, considered a delicacy since the Roman times
- Peljesac Peninsula Champagne and Oyster Experience
- Adriatic Sea private boat cruise
- Hundreds of fairytale islands covered in exotic flowers and lush vegetation
- Mediterranean red tile roofed towns reaching out to the sea
- Cities built of white marble
- Roman palaces and Byzantine mosaics
- Secluded beaches and secret coves
|What Makes This Trip Special |
- Accommodations in upscale, perfectly located hotels
- Private boat excursions to the island of Hvar, and in the Elaphite Archipelago
- Private boat tour among the oyster farms in Mali Ston Archipelago
- Dining at upscale restaurants, including drinks
- Carefully designed itinerary, including signature Croatian experiences
- Knowledgeable and passionate private guides
- Experienced, bilingual tour director
- Exclusive experiences, not available to larger groups
- A small group of maximum 16 women
- No forced shopping