DATES & COST
October 26 - November 7, 2022
13 Days / 12 Nights
This tour starts in Manaus and ends in Buenos Aires
$6,440 per person / double occupancy
$1,940 optional single supplement
$260 additional night at Tropical Executive Hotel, including private airport transfer (single or double room)
Includes all fees and taxes
THIS TOUR IS FULL AND CLOSED.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- 4 days / 3 nights on the premium class Amazon expedition ship; 3 nights in a luxury oceanfront hotel in Rio de Janeiro, 2 nights in the exclusive Belmond Hotel das Cataratas within Brazilian Iguazu Falls National Park and 4 nights at a designer boutique hotel in the upscale Recoleta neighborhood, in the heart of Buenos Aires
- Private airport transfers on arrival and on departure
- Delicious meals: 12 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 9 dinners, including drinks
- Three domestic flights by regularly scheduled airlines: Manaus to Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro to Foz do Iguazu and Iguazu Falls to Buenos Aires
- All transportation in Brazil and in Argentina by air-conditioned private bus
- Daily naturalist-guided trips of the Amazon rainforest, both in canoes and on foot, daily lectures on the Amazon environment, and visits to local settlements
- Guided tours in Rio de Janeiro, including Corcovado, Sugar Loaf and a city tour, sunset cruise in the Guarabana Bay, samba show and a churrascaria barbeque
- Guided tours of Iguazu Falls, Macuco Safari and the Bird Park in the Brazilian Iguazu Falls National Park
- Half day guided tour of the Argentine side of Iguazu Falls
- An in-depth city tour of Buenos Aires, including the Recoleta Cemetery
- Full day trips from Buenos Aires: to the Gaucho Estancia in the Argentine Pampas and to Colonia del Sacramento in Uruguay
- An upscale Argentine tango show with dinner
- Argentine wine appreciation class with Malbec wine tasting
- All sightseeing fees and admissions, as per itinerary
- All restaurants', guides', and drivers' gratuities
- Private local guides and an Sights and Soul Travels' Tour Director
Additional/optional costs may include: optional travel insurance, optional single supplement, immunizations (optional), additional pre-tour accommodations in Manaus, optional late hotel check-out in Buenos Aires, any required Covid-19 related testing, optional Amazon rangers' and cruise staff gratuities, optional Tour Director's gratuities, meals not included in the itinerary, additional drinks with meals, telephone charges, laundry, minibar, and personal expenses.
The tour cost does not include airfare to and from the tour’s location.
- Night time canoe rides and Amazon rainforest walks with naturalist guides
- Spotting caiman, sloths and pink Amazon dolphins
- Swimming in the Amazon and the Rio Negro waters
- Meeting of the Negro and the Amazon Rivers
- Daily lectures on the Amazon wildlife and native culture
- Exploring Rio de Janeiro landmarks with a private guide
- Christ the Redeemer and Sugar Loaf Mountain
- Exotic samba show
- Sunset cruise in Rio's Guanabara Bay
- Staying at a luxury hotel inside Iguazu Falls National Park
- Naturalist-led tours of the Iguazu Falls
- Macuco Safari up close to the falls
- South American birds at the Bird Park
- Both Brazilian and Argentine sides of Iguazu Falls
- The glamorous and emotionally charged atmosphere of Buenos Aires
- Colorful neighborhoods of Recoleta, Palermo, Retiro, Puerto Madero, La Boca
- Exquisitely staged tango performance
- Gaucho culture in the vast pampas and traditional estancias
- Learning about the Malbec wines and asado, Argentine steak barbecue
- The historic and picturesque Colonia del Sacramento in Uruguay
WHAT MAKES THIS TOUR SPECIAL
- Carefully designed itinerary, including the signature Brazilian and Argentine experiences
- Exclusive experiences, not available to larger groups
- Excellent private guides in the Amazon, Rio, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires and Uruguay
- Accommodation in upscale, perfectly located hotels
- 4 days on a small expedition boat in the Amazon
- Delicious meals, including drinks, throughout the tour
- Comfortable, air-conditioned buses throughout the tour
- Inclusion of 3 domestic flights at no additional cost
- Inclusion of all restaurants', guides', rangers' and drivers' gratuities
- Experienced Tour Director throughout the trip
- A small group of maximum 16 women
- No forced shopping
Tour Director: Renata Stuebner
The Wonders of Brazil and Argentina tour covers the most iconic sights of the Amazon rainforest, Rio de Janeiro, both the Brazilian and Argentine Iguazu Falls, and Buenos Aires with a day trip to Colonia del Sacramento in Uruguay. The tour combines both countries' cinematic landscapes, kaleidoscopic culture, the head-spinning biodiversity, and constant expressions of joie de vivre in a carefully designed itinerary.
One of the world's wonders, the Amazon, has fascinated travelers and dreamers since its discovery in 1542 by Francisco de Orellana, and today the 3,900 mile-long Amazon River and its tributaries is the last great wilderness of its kind. It contains over half the world's species of birds and thousands of species of mammals and plants. It is populated by the river people and tribes of Indians who crisscross this vast system of rivers, streams and canals in their wooden boats and canoes. Taking a small clipper up the Rio Negro and then up the Amazon is truly a voyage of a lifetime, an unforgettable journey sailing the Earth's mightiest river into areas penetrated by only a privileged few. As the comfortable expedition ship docks along the river shore, experienced naturalists will take us into remote estuaries in the Amazon rainforest. We will explore the pristine wilderness areas teeming with wildlife and meet the indigenous people, and at the day's end, we'll enjoy the comforts of our floating hotel, wholesome meals prepared with fresh ingredients and naturalists' talks on flora and fauna of the Amazon.
Flanked by gorgeous mountains, white sand beaches and verdant rainforests, Rio de Janeiro enjoys one of the most spectacular settings of any metropolis in the world. As one of the world's most vibrant urban landscapes, nestled picturesquely between jungle covered mountains and sea, the city is famous for its tropical mix of beach vibe, samba music, football fervor, and of course Carnival. The residents of Rio, known as Cariocas, have perfected the art of living well: from the world-famous beaches of Copacabana and Ipanema to the scenic viewpoints of Corcovado and Sugar Loaf, the open-air cafes and neighborhood barbecues seduce the visitors, as much as they are enjoyed by locals. While we're staying at an oceanfront luxury hotel, we'll get a chance to experience the best of Rio: Christ the Redeemer, Sugarloaf Mountain, a colorful samba show, Tijuca Forest, a sunset cruise on Rio's Guanabara Bay and a churrascarias barbecue at a neighborhood cafe in Santa Teresa. There will also be time to relax and people-watch on the famous beaches.
Iguazu Falls redefines the idea of Mother Nature's power, and the torrent thundering over the edges of cliffs is one of the greatest spectacles on Earth. One of the planet's most awe-inspiring sights, the Iguazu Falls are simply breath-taking. The 275 falls are 2 miles wide and 260 feet high, which makes them wider than Victoria, higher than Niagara, and more beautiful than either. Neither words nor photographs do the falls justice; they must be seen and heard in person, as the views at the precipice are hypnotizing. We will be experiencing the Iguazu Falls on a multi-sensory level: roaring falls, multiple rainbow arcs, drenching mist, and in the distance, parrots and hawks cruising over the deep, green jungle. Our experience will be enhanced by seeing both the Brazilian and the Argentine side of the falls, while staying at the only hotel located inside the Iguazu National Park will allow us to appreciate the falls without the crowds, before and after the park closes.
Buenos Aires is a city of surreal contrasts: seductive yet soulful, pulsating with music and tango dancing around every street corner, then giving in to the fervor of soccer, cosmopolitan while offering historical paradoxes that make sense only here. During our stay in the city, we'll take a private, in-depth city tour and discover the colorful neighborhoods of La Boca, San Telmo, Retiro and Recoleta, as well as the fascinating Recoleta Cemetery. We'll enjoy a breathtaking tango show in the opulence of a restored 1920s theatre. We'll attend a private wine presentation to learn the art of distinguishing among Argentine wines. We'll visit a romantic estancia set among the limitless Argentine pampas, enjoy a gaucho performance showcasing horse riding and we'll venture to explore the beautiful Colonia del Sacramento in Uruguay by an express ferry. We'll enjoy wine tastings, special dinners and exquisite designer shopping;
- We will spend 4 days onboard the comfortable Clipper Premium expedition ship, exploring the least settled areas of the Amazon, the true wilderness rarely seen by other visitors, and participating in daily explorative talks on the Amazon's flora and fauna.
- In Rio de Janeiro, we'll be staying at a luxury oceanfront hotel on Copacabana Beach. We'll take a city tour with a private guide, take a cog train through the Tijuca Forest to Christ the Redeemer, cable cars to Sugar Loaf Mountain, a private boat in the Guanabara Bay and see a dazzling samba show.
- In Iguazu Falls, we'll unwind in the luxury of our hotel in the midst of the untamed subtropical forest, as we explore one of the natural wonders of the world: the stunning Iguazu Falls. Our stay at the only hotel within Iguazu Falls National Park, will grant for us an elevated appreciation of the falls. We'll explore the stunning waterfalls and the rainforest surrounding them, making our way around by open train, zodiac boat and on foot, visiting the Bird Sanctuary, taking an evening guided tour to look for nocturnal rainbows and taking a Macuco Safari operated on jeeps and boats.
- In Buenos Aires, we'll take an in-depth city tour and discover the colorful neighborhoods of La Boca, San Telmo, Retiro and Recoleta, as well as the fascinating Recoleta cemetery. We'll enjoy a breathtaking tango show, attend a private wine presentation on Argentine wines, visit a romantic estancia set among the limitless pampas, and venture out to visit the beautiful Colonia del Sacramento in Uruguay.Throughout the tour you will dine in carefully selected gourmet restaurants and sample many delicious wines and exceptionally innovative cuisine.
Click on the image to enlarge the map