DATES & COST
September 2 - 10, 2023
9 Days / 8 Nights
This tour starts in Milan and ends in Venice
$4,540 per person/double occupancy
$1,580 optional single supplement
$380 optional pretour night (includes a private airport transfer): single or double room
Includes all fees and taxes
This tour may be combined with Classic Tuscany tour to Italy
(September 11 - 19,2023)
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- 4 nights at a lakeside boutique hotel on Lake Como
- 4 nights at an historic canalside hotel in Venice's San Marco District
- Delicious a la carte meals - traditional Venetian and Northern Italian cuisine: 8 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners, including drinks.
- Private history and art tours in Milan, Bellagio, Verona and Venice
- Cultural activities as per itinerary: private boat tour of Lake Como, gondola ride, Vivaldi music concert
- Visits of Milan's Duomo, La Scala Opera House, Leonardo da Vinci's Last Supper, Villa Balbianello, Villa Melzi, Villa Carlotta, Verona's historical center, Venice's St. Mark's Basilica, Frari Church, Scuola San Rocco and Ca'Rezzonco
- Sights and Soul Travels' Tour Director, professional local guides, guided tours, all sightseeing and admission fees
- Private airport transfers on arrival in Milan and group water taxi transfers on departure from Venice
- All guides', drivers' and restaurants' gratuities
- Private, comfortable bus transportation between Milan, Lake Como, and between Lake Como and Venice. All transportation in Milan and Lake Como and Venice
Additional costs may include: optional single supplement, optional travel insurance, additional accommodations, early hotel check-in, meals not listed in the itinerary, optional activities not listed in the itinerary, any required Covid-19 related testing, optional Tour Director's gratuity, telephone charges, room service, minibar, laundry, personal expenses, etc.
The tour cost does not include airfare to and from the tour’s location.
- Walking on Milan's Duomo terraces with their thousands of spires, pinnacles and sculptures
- Seeing Leonardo da Vinci's Last Supper in person
- Visiting La Scala Opera House
- A stroll through Milan's Galleria Vittorio Emmanuele II
- Private boat tour on Lake Como
- Staying at a romantic lakeside hotel on Lake Como
- Visiting Bellagio, Varenna and the lakeside villas: Balbianello, Carlotta and Melzi
- Verona's House of Juliet and the Roman Arena
- St. Mark's Square, St. Mark's Basilica
- Romantic gondolas and the gondoliers
- Murano glass blowers and Burano's lace makers
- Vivaldi music concert
- The genius of Titian and Tintoretto
- Prosecco and Venetian cuisine
Tour Director: Monika Matlak
The poetic Northern Italian Lakes district is a place of romance and has been a playground of the glitterati for decades. Lake Como is framed against a delightful backdrop of majestic mountains that seem to slide into the water, hidden by deep blue shadows, except for the high peaks awash in apricot alpenglow. The towns and the opulent villas lining the water's edge seem to float on the mirror smooth lake, as they echo a bygone era and the mild climate supports the vibrant colors of Alpine wildflowers and lush semi-tropical gardens cascading down to the lake. Nowhere else do stunning scenery, mellow air and rich history come together with such romantic results.
Milan is a magnet for designers, artists, photographers and models, the city's history goes back to when the Gauls defeated the Etruscans in 400 B.C., and when in 222 B.C. it became part of the Roman Empire. In the 1300s, the Visconti family brought a period of glory and wealth to the city, and it was during their reign that the amazing Duomo, which became the symbol of Milan, was built. Even though Milan is an ancient city with a medieval center, it is complemented with baroque palazzos, high design contemporary architectural masterpieces and the world of fashion and glamour.
The timeless beauty of Venice has put painters and poets under its spell for centuries. The city is filled with fabulous architectural wonders: the stunning Doges Palace, the Rialto Bridge, Piazza San Marco, the grand palazzos along the Grand Canal, and the opulent churches upholstered with masterpieces. But the real magic of Venice is in its moonlit canals, in the music of Vivaldi, in the delicate and shimmering Prosecco wine, light reflected on the water, the secret passageways in the maze of narrow streets, the barely audible splashes of water, the ever-present scent of candles in Byzantine churches, silent gondolas at sunrise, and in the translucence of the sea captured in Murano glass.
The Venice and the Italian Lakes Tour offers an intimate, in-depth look into Northern Italian history, art and cuisine. Accompanied by passionate and knowledgeable local guides, we'll experience the most magical aspects of Milan, Northern Italian Lakes and Venice. In Milan, we'll walk among the stone forest of spires and statues on top of Milan's Duomo, tour La Scala Opera House, dine at a historic cafe in Galleria Vittorio Emmanuele II, and see Leonardo da Vinci's Last Supper. In Lake Como, we'll visit opulent villas and gardens cascading down to the lake, take a private boat cruise, tour Bellagio and Varenna and admire vistas of the gentle hills and the rugged Alps. In Venice, we'll take a romantic gondola ride, attend a Vivaldi music concert, marvel at the opulence of the Doges' Palace and St. Mark's Basilica, discover our favorite Titian at Frari Church, find our "secret" canal-side walk and the perfect Murano glass masterpiece. We'll stay at a luxury, canalside hotel, sample local Prosecco wines and the amazing Venetian cuisine while listening to stories of forbidden love, intrigue, spies and courtesans.
- We'll spend 4 nights in a lakeside boutique hotel on Lake Como and 4 nights at a luxury canalside hotel in the San Marco district of Venice.
- We'll explore Milan's Duomo, see Leonardo da Vinci's Last Supper, take a private boat tour around Lake Como, visiting Varenna and Bellagio.
- We'll stop in Verona to tour its Roman Amphitheater and Juliet's House.
- In Venice, we'll explore St. Mark's Basilica and Piazza San Marco, the Doge's Palace, the Bridge of Sighs, the Rialto Bridge, the Frari Church, Scuola Grande di San Rocco, then enjoy a romantic gondola ride.
- We'll get an insider's view of Northern Italy, enjoying historian led tours of Milan, Verona and Venice and an art historian tour of the Byzantine art in Venice.
- We'll visit the silk shops in Bellagio and the artisan glass blowers' shops in Murano and be amazed at the skill of the glass blowers who follow the strict procedures of their predecessors, going back to 1291.
- We'll dine in carefully selected gourmet restaurants, get to know the Northern Italian cuisine, known for seafood, wine, olive oil, chocolate, fresh produce, and local Prosecco wine.
Click on the image to enlarge the map
WHAT MAKES THIS TOUR SPECIAL
- Carefully designed itinerary, including signature Milan, Lake Como and Venice experiences
- Accommodation in upscale, perfectly located hotels, including a canalside Venice hotel
- Carefully chosen restaurants, offering the best of Northern Italian cuisine, and including drinks
- Knowledgeable and passionate private guides
- An experienced Tour Director
- Private, comfortable transportation
- Exclusive, private experiences, not available to larger groups
- A small group of maximum 16 women
- No forced shopping