Women Travel News. Why?
September 11 - 19, 2020
9 Days /8 Nights
Tour starts and ends in Florence
$3,580 per person/double occupancy
$1,020 optional single supplement
Early arrival: $340 single or double room (airport transfer included)
Includes all fees and taxes
Click on the image to enlarge the map
This tour may be combined with:
the Venice and the Italian Lakes tour to Italy (September 2 - 10, 2020)
or Athens and the Greek Isles 2 tour to Greece (September 13 - 23, 2019)
or The Amalfi Coast tour to Italy (October 3 - 10, 2019)
If you ever dreamed about an idyllic vacation in Tuscany, staying in a lovingly restored luxury villa, wandering through vibrant towns and quaint villages, seeking out art treasures in tumble-down churches, shopping for antiques or fine wines along streets that have remained unchanged for centuries and sipping Campari in village squares, while watching the old way of life unfold before your eyes, this tour is for you.
Defined by unspoiled, picture-postcard undulating hills of zigzagging cypress trees and the endless search for the perfect olive oil, Tuscany preserves the traditional way of life. Dotted with fabulously beautiful cities: the Renaissance Florence with its magnificent art and architecture, rivaled by Gothic Siena and Etruscan Cortona, Tuscany combines history and art with nature and gourmet and wine experiences.
The Classic Tuscany Tour offers an intimate, in-depth look into Tuscan history, art, cuisine and viticulture. Accompanied by an experienced tour director and knowledgeable local guides, we'll marvel at the Renaissance Florence, then explore the Tuscan countryside. In Florence, we'll appreciate the genius of the Renaissance, see the sublimely realistic David by Michelangelo, the treasures of the Ufizzi Gallery, the architectural masterpieces of Brunelleschi and Giotto: Duomo and the Bell Tower. Then, we'll stay at a true Tuscan villa amid the surreal beauty of Chianti Classico, the region which embraces the essence of Tuscan culture, charm and history, from Etruscan bronzes to Lamborghini tractors, and we'll explore vineyards and quaint medieval hilltop towns, castles and fortified villages, forgotten abbeys and incredibly beautiful cathedrals.
- In Florence, we'll take the Renaissance walk through the city's historic quarters and see Brunelleschi's Duomo and Giotto's Bell Tower, then tour the Ufizzi Gallery to see the world's most renowned works of art and the Accademia to admire Michelangelo's David.
- While in Chianti (Loro Ciuffenna), we will get an insider's view of Classic Tuscany with tours led by knowledgeable local guides with whom we'll discover the fascinating towns of Siena, San Gimignano, Cortona and the classic beauty of le Crete and Chianti Classico regions.
- We will tour several vineyards, take part in a private cooking class, while staying at a lovingly restored Tuscan villa set among the Chianti Hills.
- Throughout the tour, we will dine in chic city restaurants, rustic country trattorias, and opulent castles, getting to know the Tuscan cuisine, especially pasta, wine, olive oil, gelato and fresh regional produce, while appreciating excellent Chianti wines.
- 2 nights at a boutique Florence hotel by Ponte Vecchio
- 6 nights in a luxury Tuscan villa in Chianti Hills (Loro Ciuffenna)
- Delicious a la carte meals - traditional Tuscan cuisine: 8 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 7 dinners, including drinks
- Comfortable and spacious air-conditioned private bus transportation throughout the tour
- Private airport transfer on arrival, group airport transfer on departure
- Private guided tours of Florence (Accademia, Uffizi Galley, Duomo, Renaissance walk) and in Tuscany (Siena, San Gimignano, le Crete, Montepulcino, Pienza and Cortona)
- Cultural activities as per itinerary: wine tours, private Tuscan cooking class, wine and olive oil tastings
- Experienced tour director, professional local guides, guided tours, all sightseeing and admission fees
- All guides', drivers' and restaurants' gratuities
Additional/optional costs may include: optional single supplement, optional travel insurance, additional accommodations, early hotel check-in, meals not included in the itinerary, optional activities not in the itinerary, optional tour director's gratuity, telephone charges, room service, minibar, laundry, personal expenses, etc.
The tour cost does not include airfare.
- The Renaissance splendor of Florence
- Michelangelo's sublimely realistic David
- The Uffizi Gallery
- Exploring the Chianti Classico wine region
- Staying in a true Tuscan villa
- Medieval skyscrapers of San Gimignano
- Siena's fan-shaped Piazza del Campo and the stunning Gothic Cathedral
- The cypress trees and the golden hills of the Tuscan countryside
- Tuscan cooking class
- The classic Etruscan town of Cortona
- Montepulciano and Pienza
- Legendary landscapes with vineyards, olive groves, cypress trees, and hill towns
- Superb cuisine of Tuscany, wine and olive oil tours
|What Makes This Trip Special |
- Carefully designed itinerary, including signature Florence, Sienna and Chianti Hills experiences
- Accommodation in upscale, perfectly located Florence hotel and a private Tuscan villa
- Knowledgeable private guides
- Experienced tour director
- Private, comfortable transportation
- Exquisite private meals at vineyards, castles and Tuscan estates
- Exclusive, private experiences, not available to larger groups
- A small group of maximum 16 women
- No forced shopping