DATES & COST
November 2 - 11, 2022
10 Days / 9 Nights
This tour starts and ends in Kilimanjaro International Airport
$6,780 per person/ double occupancy
$1,980 optional single supplement
Additional night in Arusha: $420 (single or double room), including airport transfer
Includes all fees and taxes
This tour may be combined with The Futuristic Dubai tour to United Arab Emirates (November 12 - 18, 2022)
THIS TOUR IS FULL AND CLOSED.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- 5 nights in luxurious, yet authentic African safari lodges: 1 night in Arusha and 4 nights by the Serengeti's Lake Ndutu
- 4 nights in a luxury waterfront hotel in the center of Zanzibar's Stone Town
- 9 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 6 dinners. All dinners include bottled water and a drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)
- Private airport transfers on arrival and on departure in Arusha Kilimanjaro Airport
- Group airport transfers on arrival in Zanzibar and on departure from Zanzibar
- 3 domestic flights in light aircrafts: Arusha to Ndutu, Ndutu to Zanzibar and Zanzibar to Arusha
- Private safari vehicles for the maximum of 6 people, with a ranger guide
- All park fees, ranger fees and safari costs
- Unlimited bottled water during the safari drives
- Cultural activities, excursions and attractions as per the itinerary
- Private bus transportation in Zanzibar
- Professional local guides and Sights and Soul Travels' Tour Director
- A private tour of Stone Town, a cultural village tour, Jozani Forest tour and a private Spice Plantation tour
- A Blue Safari tour with snorkeling around the coral reefs and possible swimming with dolphins
Additional/optional costs may include: Tanzanian visa ($100US), optional single supplement, optional travel insurance, additional nights' accommodations, early hotel check-in, meals not included in the itinerary, optional activities not mentioned in the itinerary, excess luggage fees on internal flights, optional ranger/guide/driver gratuities, any required Covid-19 related testing, optional Tour Director's gratuities, telephone charges, room service, minibar charges, laundry, and other personal expenses.
The tour cost does not include airfare to and from the tour’s location.
- The Great Migration safaris in the Serengeti
- The Ngorongoro Crater with a multitude of iconic African animals
- Serengeti Lakes with its flamingoes
- Luxury tented safari lodge
- Visit to a Maasai village
- Zanzibar's Stone Town
- Colorful spice plantations
- Snorkeling around Zanzibar coral reefs
- Rare colobus monkeys in Jozani Forest
WHAT MAKES THIS TOUR SPECIAL
- Luxury accommodations chosen specifically for best wildlife viewing
- Knowledgeable and dedicated wildlife ranger guides and native Zanzibar guides
- Meeting the Maasai tribe
- Optimal timing for viewing the Great Migration
- Inclusion of all meals during the safari and most meals in Zanzibar
- Unlimited bottled water during the safari, inclusion of drinks with dinner
- Inclusion of 3 domestic flights, with all fees and taxes
- A small group of maximum 16 women
- Safari vehicles for the maximum of 6 people
- Private bus in Zanzibar and private airport transfers
- No forced shopping
Tour Director: Anne Thompson
The annual movement of millions of animals across the plains, hills and valleys of East Africa is one of the most compelling wildlife migrations in the world. For these animals, life begins on the grassy plains of the southern Serengeti, but within a few short months of their birth, food supplies dwindle and these herbivore mega-herds, over a million wildebeest, a quarter of a million zebra, thousands of eland and half a million gazelle, embark on an epic and dangerous journey in search of rain and food. This cavalcade is shadowed closely by Africa's ferocious predators every step along the way... We designed the first part of the Serengeti Safari tour of Tanzania to witness the natural spectacle of the Great Migration.
Tanzania is the ultimate wilderness and wildlife extravaganza: from the depths of Ngorongoro Crater to the vast plains of the Serengeti, Africa's finest park, and from the snow-capped Mt. Kilimanjaro to the baobabs of the Tarangire and the thousands of flamingos on the Serengeti's lakes, it offers the most perfect of all safari experiences. The vast savannah of the Northern Circuit is home to many cultures, from the last bushmen in Africa, to the proud Maasai, but the centerpiece of the Tanzania safari is the Great Migration, considered Nature's most amazing spectacle, as hundreds of thousands of animals follow the eternal ritual of the annual journey, according to the rhythm of the seasons. The key players in this 1,800 mile odyssey are the wildebeest, zebra, impala and other antelope. For them, every year is an endless, challenging journey, chasing the rains in a race for life, as they attract many of Africa's iconic predators: lions, leopards, cheetahs, hyenas and wild dogs.
During the Serengeti Safari part of the tour, we will witness Africa's legendary "Circle of Life", as we explore the vast plains on daily safaris, following the giant herds of zebra, antelope and wildebeest across the Serengeti Plains, as lions and cheetahs lounge in the shade. We will see the Big Five (lion, elephant, buffalo, rhino, and hippo), as well as giraffes and flamingos, and descend to the floor of the magnificent Ngorongoro Crater. In addition to offering first-rate game viewing, the crater is near the "Cradle of Humanity," where many pre-human fossil remains were discovered. We'll also visit a local Maasai village, and learn about the ancient traditions and customs still practiced by this exotic tribe. We hope to glimpse the snow-covered peak of Mount Kilimanjaro, as it emerges from its cloud cover, but even if we don't catch this elusive sight, this tour will leave you speechless with awe at every turn.
We'll spend the second part of the tour on the mysterious Zanzibar Island. Zanzibar's allure is legendary. Floating in the Indian Ocean, the island is known for its beautiful sandy beaches with fringing coral reefs and the magical, ancient Stone Town, with its whitewashed, coral-rag houses, quaint shops, bazaars, mosques, courtyards and squares, but mostly its intricate, hand carved, wooden doors. The island's fame comes not only from its palm lined beaches, but also from its spices which were sent from here around the world, and there are still many spice plantations scattered throughout the island. One of East Africa's great trading centers, for centuries the archipelago has been at a crossroads of cultures, a melting pot of influences, where Africa, India and Arabia met and a place where life's rhythm is set by the monsoon winds and the cycles of the moon. The island is rimmed by the warm seas, and edged by fine, white-sand beaches.
- We will spend 5 days at different safari locations: Kilimanjaro National Park, Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro Conservation Area for a comprehensive experience of Tanzania's wildlife.
- We will explore, accompanied by private ranger guides, the stunning African savannah, viewing the African wildlife and thousands of migrating animals up close, while enjoying the authentic yet luxurious accommodations in the African wilderness.
- We will spend 5 days at a luxury waterfront hotel in the center of Zanzibar's Stone Town, on a private beach on the Indian Ocean.
- During our stay in Zanzibar, we'll enjoy a tour of Stone Town, a spice plantation tour, a cultural village tour, the Safari Blue with snorkeling around colorful coral reefs, and a tour of Jozani Forest with its unusual residents, the colobus monkeys.
Click on the image to enlarge the map