DATES & COST
January 31 - February 9, 2024
10 Days / 9 Nights
This tour starts and ends in Kilimanjaro International Airport
$8,280 per person/ double occupancy
$1,980 optional single supplement
Additional night in Arusha: $480 (single or double room), including airport transfer
Includes all fees and taxes
This tour may be combined with the African Adventure 1 tour to South Africa, Zimbabwe and Botswana (January 20 - 31, 2024)
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- 5 nights in luxurious, yet authentic African safari lodges: 1 night in Arusha and 4 nights by the Serengeti's Lake Ndutu
- 4 nights in an opulent waterfront hotel in the center of Zanzibar's Stone Town
- 9 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 6 dinners. All dinners include bottled water and a drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)
- Private airport transfers on arrival and on departure in Arusha Kilimanjaro Airport
- Group airport transfers on arrival in Zanzibar and on departure from Zanzibar
- 3 domestic flights in light aircrafts: Arusha to Ndutu, Ndutu to Zanzibar and Zanzibar to Arusha
- Private safari vehicles for the maximum of 6 people, with a ranger guide
- All park fees, ranger fees and safari costs
- Unlimited bottled water during the safari drives
- Cultural activities, excursions and attractions as per the itinerary
- Private bus transportation in Zanzibar
- An experienced Sights and Soul Travels' Tour Director
- Private tours of Stone Town, Zanzibar villages, Jozani Forest and a Spice Plantation
- A Blue Safari tour with snorkeling at the coral reefs and possible swimming with dolphins
Additional/optional costs may include: Tanzanian visa ($100US), single supplement, optional travel insurance, additional nights' accommodations, early hotel check-in, meals not included in the itinerary, optional activities not mentioned in the itinerary, excess luggage fees on internal flights, optional ranger/guide/driver gratuities, optional Tour Director's gratuities, telephone charges, room service, minibar charges, laundry, and other personal expenses.
The tour cost does not include airfare to and from the tour’s location.
- The Great Migration safaris in the Serengeti
- The Ngorongoro Crater with a multitude of iconic African animals
- Serengeti Lakes with its flamingoes
- Luxury tented safari lodge
- Visit to a Maasai village
- Zanzibar's Stone Town
- Colorful spice plantations
- Snorkeling around Zanzibar coral reefs
- Rare colobus monkeys in Jozani Forest
By far the best vacation I have ever taken. I loved, loved, loved the accommodations and the food was fantastic. All the local tour guides were excellent. – Linda from Massachusetts
The entire Tanzania and Zanzibar trip was an absolutely incredible experience. Being up-close an personal with the magnificent wildlife is indescribable. Indian Ocean snorkeling is beautiful. – Sydney from Alabama
I have not been on – nor do I expect to be on – another trip as amazing as this one. Superseded all expectations. It was worth the long travel to get there. Africa was an amazing show of nature; friendly, warm, welcoming people; the restrooms were immaculate and wonderful accommodations in the Serengeti and Zanzibar and everywhere we went. – Connie from Oregon
An excellent trip nicely balanced between extraordinary game drives and wild animals uncoverings and teeming life on Zanzibar. The snorkeling was great and the beauty of the seascape was amazing. This was a “bucket list” trip, not to be missed. – Ellen from New York
It’s a cliché but this truly was a trip of a lifetime. Loved the snorkeling area though I wasn’t sure I’d try it! Tours of the slave quarters + monument was compelling – I hadn’t known of Zanzibar’s history with slaves before this trip. – Victoria from New Jersey
It was a fabulous group. Outstanding trip of a lifetime. Your tours are first class. Love meeting women from different parts of the country. Felt safe always. - Rhoda from Florida
You made my dream of a Serengeti safari come true – exceeded any expectations I had. This was one of the greatest experiences I have ever had in travel. To travel with my mom and sister and have everything taken care of for us was a luxury I never expected. Thank you for the whole experience. - Kelly from Montana
I should love to do another tour with you anywhere on this planet (or even outer space if that were possible) as I know you would be there for me, prepared to teach, to share, to exchange ideas and to enjoy many beautiful moments. - Lilian from Alberta
So many wonderful memories to keep reliving. Every place was special and this was because of the thoroughness in which you plan and organize a tour, communication with us and your choice in regional guides and having experienced Sights and Soul tour directors. Becky is an amazing tour director and I am very pleased to have been on this adventure with her. Your company’s success is definitely apparent by your returning tour members. I am looking forward to the next tour I have reserved. All the best to you both and the whole Sights and Soul team. - Jane Anne from Washington
It was a fabulous tour. Definitely two thumbs up! I love the S&S tours: this was the fourth one and I’m looking forward to #5! And Kerry was great! Professional, fun, friendly and a terrific organizer. - Pam from California
I have nothing but great things to say about this tour: from food, hotels and the varieties of experiences, this trip was spectacular. Clearly Sights and Soul Travels does their homework. Kerry, the tour leader was the epitome of patience. No questions was ever asked too often. She gave clear directions, was always there for every traveler. - Joan from New York
From my initial decision to select your company for the trip to everything since then, it has been one of the best travel decisions I’ve made. Our tour leader went above and beyond to ensure our group was informed on all aspects of the tour. She was extremely helpful, had a terrific attitude and I enjoyed having her. Thanks to you and your team at Sights and Souls! I hope to travel again with you in the future. - Marilyn from Texas
WHAT MAKES THIS TOUR SPECIAL
- Luxury accommodations chosen specifically for best wildlife viewing
- Knowledgeable and dedicated wildlife ranger guides and native Zanzibar guides
- Meeting the Maasai tribe
- Optimal timing for viewing the Great Migration
- Inclusion of all meals during the safari and most meals in Zanzibar
- Unlimited bottled water during the safari, inclusion of drinks with dinner
- Inclusion of 3 domestic flights, with all fees and taxes
- A small group of maximum 16 women
- Safari vehicles for the maximum of 6 people
- Private bus in Zanzibar and private airport transfers
- No forced shopping
Tour Director: Lynn O'Connell
The annual movement of millions of animals across the plains, hills and valleys of East Africa is one of the most compelling wildlife migrations in the world. For these animals, life begins on the grassy plains of the southern Serengeti, but within a few short months of their birth, food supplies dwindle and these herbivore mega-herds, over a million wildebeest, a quarter of a million zebra, thousands of eland and half a million gazelle, embark on an epic and dangerous journey in search of rain and food. This cavalcade is shadowed closely by Africa's ferocious predators every step along the way. We designed the first part of the Serengeti Safari tour of Tanzania to witness the natural spectacle of the Great Migration.
Tanzania is the ultimate wilderness and wildlife extravaganza: from the depths of Ngorongoro Crater to the vast plains of the Serengeti, Africa's finest park, and from the snow-capped Mt. Kilimanjaro to the baobabs of the Tarangire and the thousands of flamingos on the Serengeti's lakes, it offers the most perfect of all safari experiences. The vast savannah of the Northern Circuit is home to many cultures, from the last bushmen in Africa, to the proud Maasai, but the centerpiece of the Tanzania safari is the Great Migration, considered Nature's most amazing spectacle, as hundreds of thousands of animals follow the eternal ritual of the annual journey, according to the rhythm of the seasons. The key players in this 1,800 mile odyssey are the wildebeest, zebra, impala and other antelope. For them, every year is an endless, challenging journey, chasing the rains in a race for life, as they attract many of Africa's iconic predators: lions, leopards, cheetahs, hyenas and wild dogs.
During the Serengeti Safari part of the tour, we will witness Africa's legendary "Circle of Life", as we explore the vast plains on daily safaris, following the giant herds of zebra, antelope and wildebeest across the Serengeti Plains, as lions and cheetahs lounge in the shade. We will see the Big Five (lion, elephant, buffalo, rhino, and hippo), as well as giraffes and flamingos, and descend to the floor of the magnificent Ngorongoro Crater. In addition to offering first-rate game viewing, the crater is near the "Cradle of Humanity," where many pre-human fossil remains were discovered. We'll also visit a local Maasai village, and learn about the ancient traditions and customs still practiced by this exotic tribe. We hope to glimpse the snow-covered peak of Mount Kilimanjaro, as it emerges from its cloud cover, but even if we don't catch this elusive sight, this tour will leave you speechless with awe at every turn.
We'll spend the second part of the tour on the mysterious Zanzibar Island. Zanzibar's allure is legendary. Floating in the Indian Ocean, the island is known for its beautiful sandy beaches fringed with coral reefs and the magical, ancient Stone Town, with its whitewashed, coral-rag houses, quaint shops, bazaars, mosques, courtyards and squares, but mostly its intricate, hand carved, wooden doors. The island's fame comes not only from its palm lined beaches, but also from its spices which were sent from here around the world, and there are still many spice plantations scattered throughout the island. One of East Africa's great trading centers, for centuries the archipelago has been at a crossroads of cultures, a melting pot of influences, where Africa, India and Arabia met and a place where life's rhythm is set by the monsoon winds and the cycles of the moon. The island is rimmed by the warm seas, and edged by fine, white-sand beaches.
- We will spend 5 days at different safari locations: Kilimanjaro National Park, Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro Conservation Area for a comprehensive experience of Tanzania's wildlife.
- We will explore, accompanied by private ranger guides, the stunning African savannah, viewing the African wildlife and thousands of migrating animals up close, while enjoying the authentic yet luxurious accommodations in the African wilderness.
- We will spend 5 days at a luxury waterfront hotel in the center of Zanzibar's Stone Town, on a private beach on the Indian Ocean.
- During our stay in Zanzibar, we'll enjoy a tour of Stone Town, a spice plantation tour, a cultural village tour, the Safari Blue with snorkeling around colorful coral reefs, and a tour of Jozani Forest with its unusual residents, the colobus monkeys.
Click on the image to enlarge the map