DATES & COST
July 7 - 17, 2023
11 Days / 10 Nights
This tour starts in Edinburgh and ends in Glasgow
$5,280 per person/ double occupancy
$1,480 optional single supplement
$440 additional night (single or double), includes airport transfer
Includes all fees and taxes
This tour may be combined with the Eastern Europe tour to Hungary, Austria and the Czech Republic (July 17 - 26, 2023)
THIS TOUR IS FULL AND CLOSED
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- 3 nights at an upscale Georgian hotel in Edinburgh, 3 nights at a manor house in Inverness, 2 nights at a lochside hotel in Kentallen, and 2 nights at a modern Glasgow hotel
- 10 hotel breakfasts, 1 restaurant lunch, 8 restaurant and hotel dinners, including drinks - traditional or vegetarian menu
- All transportation in Scotland, including a flight to Kirkwell in the Orkneys, and return by a ferry and a comfortable private bus with a driver-guide
- Private, Blue Badge certified Scottish guides at sites throughout the tour
- Sights and Soul Travels' Tour Director
- All sightseeing fees and admissions to sights, as mentioned in the itinerary
- All tours, activities, visits to castles, sites and monuments mentioned in the itinerary
- Private airport transfers on arrival and on departure
- All guides', drivers' and restaurants' gratuities
Additional/optional costs may include: optional single supplement, optional travel insurance, early hotel check-in, any required Covid-19 related testing, optional Tour Director's gratuities, meals not included in the itinerary, optional activities not included in the itinerary, telephone charges, room service, mini bar charges, laundry, personal expenses.
The tour cost does not include airfare to and from the tour’s location.
- In-depth tours of Edinburgh with Edinburgh Castle and Holyrood Palace
- In-depth tour Glasgow, focusing on its art, architecture and design
- Falkland Palace, Doune Castle, Blair Castle, Eilean Donan Castle, Urquhart Castle, and Inveraray Castle
- St. Andrews in the Kingdom of Fife
- The Isle of Skye
- The Orkney Islands and Skara Brae
- Scottish Highlands and hiking in Glencoe
- The notorious Culloden Moor
- Loch Ness cruise
- A whisky distillery tour and tasting
- Mountain gondola to Ben Nevis
- Riding the Jacobite Steam Train, one of the greatest railway journeys in the world
I really enjoyed everything about it, the castles, the cruise on Loch Ness, the Orkneys, Culloden Battlefield, hotels, meals and the new relationships I made along the way. SST is very professional, and I have really appreciated the communication before, during and after the tour. This top notch team that does everything possible to ensure a great travel experience. I look forward to many more tours with SST. - Debra from Tennessee
This was the perfect itinerary for Scotland. I have recommended this specific tour to all my friends and family. The Orkney Islands were amazing. Our driver, Robbie, really enhanced the tour. He was absolutely the best and his personality made this tour more amazing. Scotland is my favorite country…so far! – Brandy from Oklahoma
Fabulous trip, first rate accommodations, awesome tour guides, wonderful tour director, great size for a tour! This was my first trip out of the US and because of this tour I was able to enjoy, relax, and feel safe in my travels so far from home. – Jill from Texas
The best experience for a first time overseas traveler. Love meeting new friends and learning where they have traveled. And I really love that you limit the group size to a smaller group of women. – Judy from Texas
Edinburgh and the Scottish Highlands was a fabulous tour! Absolutely stunning scenery and a great group of women travelers! – Julia from New Mexico
Scotland was spectacular – landscapes were stunning, with beautiful fairytale castles everywhere. Thoroughly enjoyed the trip. This was my second trip with you, and I am sure I will book another. – Barbara from Georgia
All the hotel choices were wonderful. Our Edinburgh guide was very good, and I enjoyed the freedom to tour at our own pace in Edinburgh Castle. Superb walking tour in the glen at Glencoe! Our coach driver was excellent and I loved seeing the country while traveling in the coach. Thanks for running such a terrific travel company for women! I recommend many of my friends to you. – Kathy from Wisconsin
Loved the hotel in Edinburgh and the meals at the small villages were fantastic! – Doris from New Jersey
I had a great time on the tour and felt that I really got to experience Scotland and all aspects of that country! I enjoyed the Orkney Islands, the different castles, Isle of Skye, and really liked our time in Edinburgh. The tour information book was very organized and helpful. This trip was organized well and it was nice to have a spacious bus such that we were not cramped when traveling every day. Food was also great! It was also nice to travel with a great group of women! – Madeline from Michigan
The Scotland tour was amazing – so many wonderful memories! First rate experience! – Janet from Florida
Best trip ever! I have traveled extensively but not with this group, and I loved Scotland and felt that I saw the best of Scotland. Loved the ladies on my tour as we experienced this beautiful country together. – Betty from Alabama
I absolutely loved the tour! Sights and Soul Travels left no stone unturned on the Scotland itinerary. I saw all that Scotland had to offer and then some! This tour was honestly the absolute best way to see Scotland. My tour group was a fantastic group of like-minded women who, in a very short period of time, became fast friends and traveling soul/sole sisters! I like to take one big trip a year and would travel again with Sights and Soul Tours in a heartbeat! Thank you for the extensive, well thought out itinerary and the opportunity to go outside the normal well-travelled sights! – Kermala from Michigan
I loved Skara Brae, Culloden, the hike through Glencoe, and Holyrood Castle. Each experience was very special for different reasons. I must add that finding a new friend amongst the ladies, with whom to travel in the future, was an unexpected bonus. – Kim from Ontario, Canada
Scotland was beautiful and we had sunny days! It relaxes me just to close my eye and go back there now. – Diane from Iowa
This was my fourth trip with Sights and Soul – all have been great but this one was probably my favorite – I love Scotland, and this was a great way to return!
Megan from Texas
Outstanding vistas, locations, experiences, and group. One of the best travel experiences (and I travel a lot). Great job! I knew none of the group before the trip and feel that I made great new friends, what an interesting group of women! Teresa was outstanding, and I hope to travel with her in the future.
Anne from New Jersey
The group was wonderful. The landscape and scenery was breathtaking. The hike was probably my favorite activity but all was so terrific, it’s impossible to choose. Teresa was soooo wonderful! She made the trip extraordinary. She handled everything, even rough patches, with ease. Made everyone feel special. Don’t do anything differently! Love the small group, all women experience! Overall, there’s nothing like traveling with Sights and Soul.
Sydney from Alabama
First experience with an all-women travel group. I was favorably impressed. It was great! Lots to see and do every day. Great accommodations and wonderful food. Well organized, ran smoothly, plenty of variety in activities. Marta and Peter did a great job. Peter is certainly a wonderful ambassador for Scotland!
Cathy from Ontario
I loved the magical, mystical beauty of Scotland: the beautiful Eilean Donan castle, the hike through the Weeping Glen, and the Isle of Skye! It was an experience I shall always remember. Marta was a wonderful tour leader, always prepared, respectful, she really listened to us. Peter, the driver/guide was great fun and informative.
Gene from Virginia
Excellent tour! Really enjoyed every aspect of it, especially Inverness, Orkney Island, Oban.
Karen from New Hampshire
The tour was a full and interesting exploration of Scottish history with beautiful landscapes, consistently delicious meals, and very good company.
Kathleen from Maryland
The tour gave an excellent overview of this beautiful country. The women were great. Our bus driver, Peter, was fantastic. He was so knowledgeable and greatly enhanced our appreciation of Scotland. Marta is an excellent tour leader, who kept us informed about each day’s activities.
Annika from Illinois
I felt that I saw the best Scotland has to offer with a great group of interesting & intelligent ladies. I have memories for a lifetime. Love Sights & Soul!
Mia from California
I love traveling with you because I know you will choose some of the best sightseeing and food experiences for us, and I trust your choices in hotels. I know I will get a good overview of a destination. It’s a pleasure to learn from local guides who are enthusiastic and knowledgeable.
Jan from Illinois
WHAT MAKES THIS TOUR SPECIAL
- Carefully designed, extensive itinerary, including signature Scotland experiences
- Accommodation in upscale, perfectly located hotels, including a historic manor house hotel
- Knowledgeable and passionate private guides
- Fully escorted by an experienced Tour Director
- Private, comfortable transportation
- Exclusive experiences, not available to larger groups
- A small group of maximum 16 women
Tour Director: Marta Jochym
Despite its small size, Scotland presents an abundance of experiences within its compact territory. Whether it is a solitary moment of rest on a heather-clad hillside, exploring the narrow medieval alleys of Edinburgh's Old Town or giving in to Glasgow's modern vibe, the experience of touring Scotland is permeated by romance and legend. The bonnie Scotland is filled with timeless landscapes and conjures images of desolate castles, evocative highlands, rugged coastline and prehistoric spiritual sites, yet it exudes a suave sense of confidence and sophistication. This feisty and colorful country goes well beyond kilts, bagpipes, whisky and golf, and offers sights and experiences unlike anywhere else in the world. Edinburgh has an elegant mix of sweeping Georgian crescents and steepled medieval tenements guarded by its brooding, eponymous castle, mixed in with the hip music and arts scene, and Glasgow has become a mecca for art and design lovers. The dramatic, wind-swept Scottish Highlands enchant with wild mountain scenery of the looming granite peaks standing sentinel above the untamed glens and cold and sparkling seas washing against the soft white beaches, where the passage of time goes completely unnoticed. Otters and orcas frolic in the Moray Firth where small fishing villages huddle under steep cliffs, salmon swim upriver to breed, and the majestic sea eagles soar high above the remote islands.
During the Edinburgh and the Scottish Highlands tour, we'll indulge with an in-depth discovery of this land rich in lore, scenery and culture. We'll be finding Scotland’s magic, as we explore Edinburgh and Glasgow, tour castles, palaces and villages lost in time, enjoy the rugged beauty of the Highlands, learn about the legacy of its clans, and explore its historic treasures. We'll tour the mysterious prehistoric sites in the Orkney Islands, take an easy hike in the historic Glencoe, a haven for both artists and adventurers, take a cruise on Loch Ness, and enjoy the evocative Isle of Skye. We'll stay at a Georgian style hotel in Edinburgh, at a lovingly restored manor hotel in Inverness, a lochisde hotel in Kentallen and a modern upscale hotel in Glasgow. We'll enjoy the freshly shucked oysters, the Aberdeen Angus beef, the smoked salmon from Dumfries & Galloway, and the peerless malt whiskies, as we connect with new, like-minded friends and create lifelong memories.
- We'll stay at upscale hotels in Edinburg and Glasgow, a manor house in Inverness and a lochside hotel in Kentallen.
- We'll discover Edinburgh's highlights: Edinburgh Castle, the Hollyrood Palace, the Georgian New Town and the medieval Old Town.
- We'll tour several castles throughout Scotland: Edinburgh Castle, Doune Castle, Blair Castle, Eilean Donan Castle, Urquhart Castle, and Inveraray Castle - each different and each bringing you closer to the soul of Scotland.
- We'll explore the evocative towns of St. Andrews in the Kingdom of Fife and Oban, the gateway to the Hebrides.
- We'll travel through the spectacular Scottish Highlands and take an easy hike among the heather clad hills in Glencoe.
- We'll examine the spiritual prehistoric monuments of Skara Brae, the Standing Stones of Stenness and the Ring of Bodgar in the Orkney Islands.
- We'll stroll through frozen in time villages and along stunning white beaches on the Isle of Skye.
- We'll tour the notorious Culloden Moor, where in 1746 Bonnie Prince Charlie's dream of capturing the Crown came to an end.
- We'll cruise the dark and mysterious Loch Ness.
- We'll take a mountain gondola up to the craggy Ben Nevis Range.
- We'll ride the Jacobite Steam Train, considered one of the great railway journeys of the world.
- We'll delight in the chocolate and whisky tasting at the famous Clydeside whisky distillery.
- We'll enjoy the Old World art and fresh, new design of the cosmopolitan Glasgow.
- We'll dine at fine restaurants, allowing for the fullest appreciation of Scottish cuisine.
Click on the image to enlarge the map