DATES & COST
October 8 - 17, 2023
10 Days / 9 Nights
This tour starts in Lisbon and ends in Porto
$5,080 per person/double occupancy
$1,520 optional single supplement
$380 additional nights, single or double room, including airport transfer
Includes all fees and taxes
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- 3 nights in an upscale hotel in the center of Lisbon; 2 nights in a historical hotel in Coimbra; 4 nights in a luxury urban hotel in Porto
- 9 breakfasts, 6 dinners, 3 lunches - traditional Portuguese or vegetarian menu, including drinks
- Private airport transfers on arrival and departure and all transportation in Portugal
- Privately guided tours of Lisbon, Belem, Sintra, Cascais, Obidos, Batalha, Coimbra, Aveiro, Porto, Douro Valley, Braga and Guimarães
- Sights and Soul Travels' Tour Director, all sightseeing fees and admissions
- All restaurants', guides' and drivers' gratuities
- All cultural activities, admissions and guided tours at sights as per the itinerary
Additional/optional costs may include: optional single supplement, optional travel insurance, additional accommodations, early hotel check-in, porterage, meals not listed in the itinerary, any required Covid-19 related testing, optional Tour Director's gratuities, telephone charges, room service, minibar charges, laundry, personal expenses.
The tour cost does not include airfare to and from the tour’s location.
- Dramatic beaches rimmed by burnished-gold color cliffs
- Rustling palm trees and coral-colored hibiscus flowers
- Hills topped with Moorish castles and walled towns
- Enchanting old fishing villages and cosmopolitan seaside resorts
- The impossible stone lace of Manueline architecture
- Buildings and walkways lined with blue and white azulejo tiles
- The Douro Valley and port wine
- Baroque palaces and medieval convents
- Warm and passionate locals
Tour Director: Patricia Baetslé
The journey through Portugal offers magical landscapes of sandy beaches rimmed by burnished-gold cliffs, the impossible stone lace of Manueline architecture, fairytale walled towns, enchanted fishing villages and cosmopolitan seaside resorts, Baroque palaces and medieval convents, and golden hills topped with windmills and Moorish castles. The dramatic history of the monumental Portuguese discoveries is softened by the coral-colored hibiscus flowers, rustling palm trees and purple wisteria wrapping around centuries old stone walls, elegantly painted ceramic tiles, exquisite Portuguese porcelain and the soulful Fado music.
Portugal is a blissfully undiscovered destination with glorious beaches, bewitching grandeur of baroque palaces, superb cuisine, amazing wines and warm locals. This tour will allow you to not only create lifetime memories of a beautiful, yet meaningful place, but also create lasting friendships with like-minded women travelers.
- We'll spend the first 3 days in Lisbon, exploring the city's historical center, medieval Belem with the Belem Tower and the Monastery of Jeronimos, romantic Pena Palace in Sintra, the enchanting seaside resort of Cascais and we'll attend a Fado music concert.
- We'll spend 3 days in Coimbra, touring its university, the Joanina Library, and the Fado Center; we'll see Obidos, marvel at the Manueline architecture in the Battle Abbey of Batalha, tour a Portuguese porcelain factory, take a boat ride on Aveiro's canals and relax on the beaches of Costa Nova.
- We'll spend 4 days in Porto, touring its medieval Old Town and taking a boat tour under its 6 iconic bridges; we'll spend the day touring the port wine vineyards in the Douro Valley and another exploring the baroque Braga with its masterpiece of Bom Jesus do Monte and medieval Guimarães.
Throughout the tour, we'll dine a la carte in carefully selected fine dining restaurants, getting to know Portuguese cuisine, especially its seafood and its terrific wines.
Click on the image to enlarge the map
WHAT MAKES THIS TOUR SPECIAL
- Two live fado music concerts
- Staying at upscale, historical hotels
- Lisbon, Belem, Sintra and Cascais
- Obidos and Batalha
- Coimbra, Aveiro and Costa Nova
- Exclusive visit to Biblioteca Joanina
- Port wine touring in the Douro Valley
- Porto, Braga and Guimaraes
- Experienced bilingual Tour Director and guide
- A la carte dining, including drinks in upscale restaurants
- No forced shopping