Women Travel News. Why?
February 17 - 27, 2022
11 Days / 10 Nights
This tour starts in Jerusalem and ends in Tel Aviv
$5,360 per person/double occupancy
$1,680 optional single supplement
$480 additional pre-tour night at King David Hotel in Jerusalem (single or double room, includes airport transfer)
$380 additional post-tour night at Royal Beach Hotel in Tel Aviv (single or double room, includes airport transfer)
Includes all fees and taxes
Click on the image to enlarge the map
From the stones of Jerusalem to the waves of Tel Aviv's Mediterranean beaches, Israel has cradled the history of many faiths since the beginning of time. The Holy Land of Israel is sacred to Jews, Christians and Muslims. This is where the ancient history and the ancient religious texts come vividly to life, and few other places in the world offer so much to sustain the spirit, feed the intellect and stimulate the senses. Located where three continents, Africa, Asia and Europe meet, Israel is intense. Within its comparatively small territory, it reveals abundant riches, from cherished religious sites to well-preserved archaeological treasures and spectacular natural wonders. Not only the ancient Jerusalem, the Roman, Crusader, Greek, and Byzantine monuments, but also the youthful and dynamic Tel Aviv, the ultra saline Dead Sea, cool mountain waterfalls, gentle, vineyard covered hills and sweeping desert landscapes. The country's ethnic, religious and cultural mix is endlessly fascinating, and the people of Israel are warm, hospitable and passionate, representing a fascinating mixture of conflict and harmony, passion and serenity. This is the Promised Land to which Moses led the Children of Israel. This is where Abraham forged his covenant with God, Christ preached his sermons and Mohammed ascended to heaven.
During our exploration of Israel, we'll experience its parallel universes, where cultures, ethnicities and religions intersect, coexist and influence each other and where 5,000 years of human history converge. We'll start in Jerusalem, where we'll explore the Old City and get immersed in layers of its history: the Western Wall, the Church of the Holy Sepulcher and the Dome of the Rock, then we'll travel to the imposing Herod's fortress in Masada en route to the Dead Sea, where we can float in the salty waters, before indulging in a mineral-rich spa experience. We'll continue north to Tiberias on the Sea of Galilee, deeply rooted in the Christian tradition, where we'll tour the Christian and Jewish sites of the region: Nazareth, Capernaum, Safed, Haifa, Akko, and Caesareum. We'll visit a Druze religious community and learn about its customs, as we prepare lunch with the Druze women. We'll tour a boutique Israeli winery to learn about the local wine making process and taste the award winning wines. We'll end the tour in the vibrant and modern Tel Aviv on the Mediterranean with its beautiful beaches and cultural vivacity, Bauhaus architecture, seaside promenades, first-class restaurants and great shopping.
- While staying in Jerusalem, we'll spend three full days exploring the city with its famous sites: the Western Wall, the Church of the Holy Sepulcher and the Dome of the Rock, along with the Mount of Olives, Yad Vashem, the Shrine of the Book, and the New Israel Museum, plus many other Christian and Jewish sites. We'll enjoy a traditional Sabbath dinner and the Night Spectacular Sound and Light Show at the Tower of David Museum. We'll also meet with a renowned Israeli screenwriter for a presentation and discussion on Israel's society through its cinema.
- We'll travel to the Dead Sea, the lowest place on Earth to experience this natural phenomenon. En route, we'll stop at King Herod's mountaintop Fortress of Masada, and pass by the caves of the Qumran National Park, where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found.
- While staying in Tiberias, on the Sea of Galilee, we'll tour Nazareth and the Church of the Annunciation, Capernaum, the site of an impressive 5th century synagogue, and the base for Jesus's Galilean ministry on the Sea of Galilee, the Mount of Beatitudes, the charming town of Safed, the center of Kabbalah, the Jewish mysticism, Haifa's Shrine of the Bab with its hanging gardens, the Crusaders' city of Akko and Herod's Caesarea. We'll join a culinary workshop in a Druze community and tour an Israeli boutique winery.
- We'll end the tour with a full day exploring the Mediterranean Tel Aviv, where we'll see not only the ancient town of Jaffa, but also the city's Bauhaus architecture and the modern sections of the city with their world-class restaurants and shopping.
- 5 nights in an old-world luxury hotel in Jerusalem, 3 nights in an upscale boutique hotel in Tiberias on the shores of the Sea of Galilee and 2 nights at a beachside resort in Tel Aviv
- Delicious local meals: 10 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 8 dinners, including drinks
- All transportation in Israel: comfortable, air-conditioned bus, and a professional driver
- All excursions, tours and cultural activities as per the itinerary
- A traditional Sabbath dinner
- Israeli cinema presentation by a renowned Israeli screenwriter
- Night Spectacular Sound and Light Show at the Tower of David Museum
- An day at a Dead Sea Resort
- Culinary workshop in the Druze community
- Israeli boutique vineyards and organic wineries
- All sightseeing and activities fees as per itinerary
- An experienced Tour Director and an Israeli tour guide throughout the tour
- Private airport transfers on arrival and on departure
- Bottled water on days when touring by bus
- All porterage, restaurants', guides' and driver's gratuities
Additional/optional costs may include: optional travel insurance, optional single room supplement, additional accommodations, optional early hotel check in, optional Tour Director's gratuities, meals or activities not mentioned in the itinerary, room service, mini bar charges, laundry charges, phone calls, personal expenses.
The cost does not include airfare.
- The Old City of Jerusalem
- The Jewish heritage of Jerusalem
- A day at a Dead Sea Resort
- The mountaintop Masada Fortress
- Israeli cinema presentation
- The Roman city of Beit She'an
- Nazareth and the Church of the Annunciation
- Biblical sites in the Sea of Galilee area
- Capernaum and the Mount of Beatitudes
- Safed, the center of Jewish mysticism and Kabbalah
- A culinary workshop in a Druze community
- Haifa's hanging gardens
- Ancient Crusader city of Akko
- Archeological sites in Herod's Caesarea
- Touring Israeli boutique vineyards and tasting organic wines
- Tel Aviv's Bauhaus architecture and Mediterranean beaches
- The old port of Jaffa
- Tel Aviv's Bauhaus architecture
|What Makes This Trip Special |
- Accommodations in Israel's best hotels
- Excellent meals, including drinks, throughout the tour
- Experienced Tour Director and some of the best Israeli guides throughout the tour
- Exclusive experiences, not available to larger groups
- A small group of maximum 16 women
- No forced shopping