Women Travel News. Why?
February 9 - 19, 2019
11 Days / 10 Nights
Tour starts and ends in Delhi
$4,280 per person / double occupancy
$1,240 optional single supplement
$240 additional night, including private airport transfer (single or double room)
Includes all fees and taxes
Click on the image to enlarge the map
"India is the motherland of our race, and Sanskrit the mother of Europe’s languages: she is the mother of our philosophy; mother, through the Buddha, of the ideals embodied in Christianity; mother, through the village community, of self-government and democracy. Mother India is in many ways the mother of us all." ~Will Durant, ‘The Story of Civilization’
India's effervescence surpasses the simple combination of the beauty of its landscape and the intricacy of its ancient architecture. Mystical and spiritual, India is a land of rich contrasts. Its complexity makes it indelibly spiritual at one moment, then architecturally glorious, then astonishingly natural, then culturally fascinating. A country by name but by its scope, it's a continent, incredibly diverse and enveloped in color, texture and smells woven into its mind-boggling richness. India's cultural tapestry unveils a country with many faces, each unraveling a feast of fresh experiences, infused with a kaleidoscopic blend of enchantment and sensual indulgence. From the clothing that pops with bright blues and yellows, the glowing pink architecture, the golden desert to the emerald jungle, India is all about color. And just when you think that the countryside or cityscape couldn’t get any more exciting, you’ll be presented with another captivating burst of life and color. Many see India as the blueprint of the world we live in, and having been ruled by hundreds of kings and emperors, its history reads like a vivid fairy tale, with some episodes straight from a horror novel. It is so wonderfully different, with no other place to compare it to, that it's hard to find words to describe it without resorting to the cliche "you have to see it to believe it". It's mesmerizing, exotic, exciting and mystical, but also frustrating, confusing and chaotic. No matter how much you've traveled, how many countries you've visited, when you first arrive in India, it will hit you like a gale force wind, a hurricane of sounds, smells, and color where nothing is as it seems.
The Mystical India tour covers the most iconic sights of Northern India, the classic Golden Triangle (Delhi, Agra and Jaipur) with an addition of the lakeside jewel city of Udaipur, while offering experiences that go deeper and beyond the typical first-time India visit. The tour's carefully designed itinerary presents every aspect of India, a microcosm of cultures, combining its cinematic sights and landscapes, its forts, palaces and temples, as well as the eternal Taj Mahal, a kaleidoscopic culture, head-spinning history, and constant expressions of joie de vivre.
- While in Delhi, we'll delve into the complexities of Indian history and culture with private, in-depth tours of Jama Masjid, Raj Ghat (Mahatma Gandhi Memorial), Indira Gandhi Memorial, Humayun’s Tomb and Qutub Minar. We'll explore both the spacious, gleaming New Delhi, built as the imperial capital of British India and the rambunctious Old Delhi, which was the capital of Islamic India. We'll see the Indian Parliament, India Gate and enjoy a rickshaw ride through the narrow lanes and colorful bazaars of Old Delhi. We'll spend the morning at an Ashram, practicing yoga and meditation and see a Bollywood inspired theatre performance. We'll soak up the energetic and festive atmosphere of the city and sample delicious Indian meals in sophisticated restaurants.
- In Agra, we'll watch the glowing light of sunrise envelop the perfect shape of the Taj Mahal, then we'll tour the Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri, as we ponder the unpredictability of love and fortune and how they result in spellbinding works of art and architecture. We'll also spend an evening with a local family, as guests in their home.
- In Jaipur, we'll explore India's Pink City with a knowledgeable guide, admiring the Hindu style artistry of the Amber Fort and the City Palace, the accuracy of old astronomical instruments in Jantar Mantar, and wonder at the genius of ancient architects who designed the perfect climate control in Hawa Mahal, the Palace of Winds. We'll visit a local girls' school and watch a Bollywood movie in a historical art deco movie theatre. There will also be time to relax in an Ayurvedic spa or indulge in some of the best shopping in India.
- In Udaipur, we'll enjoy the elegant ambiance of the lake city, as we explore the City Palace to appreciate its artistry and its perfect location on Lake Pichola. We'll take a private boat onto the lake to see the intricately designed mansions and palaces lining its shore, as we journey to the romantic Jag Mandir Island Palace. We'll learn about the traditional arts of marble sculpting and miniature paintings, and we'll watch the Dharohar Dance Show in Bagore ki Haveli.
- Luxurious 5 star hotels throughout the tour: 2 nights at an exclusive hotel in New Delhi; 1 night in a modern hotel with a view of the Taj Mahal in Agra, 3 nights in the elegant lakeside hotel in Jaipur, 2 nights at the exquisitely situated hotel in Udaipur, and 2 nights at the modern hotel near Delhi Airport;
- Private airport transfers on arrival and on departure;
- Delicious meals throughout the tour: 10 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners, including drinks;
- Bottled mineral water throughout the tour;
- Professional private guides in Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, and Udaipur;
- Experienced Sights and Soul Travels' tour director, accompanying the group throughout the entire tour;
- Additional activities: rickshaw ride through the bazaars of Old Delhi, cooking, henna application and Saree draping at a private home in Agra, elephant ride at the Amber Fort in Jaipur, visit to a local girls' school, Bollywood movie at a historic movie theatre in Jaipur, private boat ride on Lake Pichola in Udaipur, Dharohar Dance Show in Udaipur, theatre performance in Delhi, Ashram meditation and yoga session in Delhi;
- All fees and admissions to activities and attractions mentioned in the itinerary;
- All transportation in India by air-conditioned private bus;
- Domestic flight from Udaipur to Delhi, including all airline fees and taxes;
- All guides', drivers' and restaurants' gratuities.
Additional costs may include: optional travel insurance, optional single supplement, passport fees and Indian visa fees, additional hotel accommodations, tour director's gratuities, additional personal expenses.
The tour cost does not include airfare.
- Humayun’s Tomb, Jama Masjid, Raj Ghat, India Gate, Indira Gandhi Memorial, Parliament, Qutub Minar
- Rickshaw ride through the bazaars of Old Delhi
- Bollywood inspired theatre performance
- Yoga and meditation session in an Ashram
- Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Fatehpur Sikri
- Cooking presentation, henna painting and Saree draping demonstration
- Amber Fort, Jantar Mantar, City Palace, Palace of the Winds
- Elephant ride at Amber Fort
- Visit to a local girls' school
- Bollywood movie at a historic movie theatre
- Udaipur: City Palace, Jag Mandir, Bagore ki Haveli
- Private boat ride on Lake Pichola
- Dharohar Dance Show
|What makes This Trip Special |
- Carefully designed itinerary, including the signature North India experiences
- Exclusive experiences, not available to larger groups
- Knowledgeable private guides in Delhi, Agra, Jaipur and Udaipur
- Experienced tour director throughout the trip
- Accommodations in luxury, perfectly located hotels
- Exquisite meals, including drinks, throughout the tour
- A small group of maximum 16 women
- No forced shopping