Women Travel News. Why?
June 25 - July 3, 2020
9 Days / 8 Nights
Tour starts and ends in Reykjavik
$4,390 per person / double occupancy
$1,520 optional single supplement
$400 additional night at Reykjavik Hotel Centrum, single or double (includes airport transfer)
Includes all fees and taxes
Click on the image to enlarge the map
Iceland is the land of surreal opposites: raging volcanoes and majestic glaciers, hot springs and icy waterfalls. Much of the country is still taking shape, right before the eyes of visitors, as its raw, dramatic landscapes are born from volcanic eruptions and carved out by glaciers. On the other hand, there are parts of Iceland that have hardly changed since the first Viking settlers saw them more than 1,100 years ago. This breathtakingly beautiful island offers both exhilarating adventures amid the moss-covered lava fields, volcanoes and ice fields and the understated sophistication of Reykjavik, the world's northernmost capital city. Traveling in Iceland, you will experience Iceland's most dramatic landscapes and geological wonders. From spectacular thundering waterfalls to boiling mud fields and steaming fissures, visiting here allows for a glimpse into the process of the Earth's formation, like no other place in the world. You'll love Iceland's pristine beauty, exciting geothermal activity, its wealth of bird and sealife watching opportunities, as well as its Viking legacy and contemporary design.
With the Geysers and Glaciers Icelandic adventure, we'll embark on the voyage of adventure and discovery. We'll experience the astonishing beauty and geological marvels of this surreal countryside which often arouse both reverence and awe. We'll be rewarded with an unforgettable journey into the land of the midnight sun and bright nights of song and dance in the crisp polar air. We'll explore this fascinating country with experienced local guides, who will help us appreciate the endless variations of the Icelandic culture, scenery, geology, history and adventures. At the day's end, we will enjoy the hip and funky Icelandic cities, as well as the delicious Nordic cuisine prepared with the freshest possible naturally grown ingredients and the cutting-edge, designer shopping.
- We'll spend 5 nights at a modern, Scandinavian design hotel in the center of Reykjavik, followed by 3 nights in Akureyri's contemporary boutique Kea Hotel.
- We'll enjoy daily excursions visiting the classic Icelandic sights: glaciers, volcanoes, geysers, waterfalls, hot springs, thermal pools, black sand beaches and beautiful, surreal landscapes.
- We'll experience riding the Icelandic Viking horse and the Golden Circle tour, as we discover Iceland's most spectacular natural wonders.
- We'll indulge in a mineral spa experience at the Fontana Spa and the Blue Lagoon.
- We'll explore the stunning waterfalls, volcanoes, pseudo craters, colorful rock formations and the geothermal fields in the Lake Myvatn area.
- We'll visit Iceland's northernmost town of Husavik and enjoy the Whale Watching Safari.
- We'll dine in fine restaurants on classic Nordic and contemporary Scandinavian cuisine based on the freshest, naturally grown ingredients.
- We'll enjoy upscale shopping for designer fashion and housewares in both Reykjavik and Akureyri.
- 6 days / 5 nights at the modern, Scandinavian design hotel in the center of Reykjavik, followed by 3 days / 3 nights at a contemporary boutique hotel in downtown Akureyri
- Private airport transfer on arrival and a group transfer on departure
- Delicious a la carte meals: 8 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 3 dinners, including drinks
- Touring geysers, glaciers, waterfalls, volcanoes, high bird cliffs, coastal fishing villages, thermal pools and ice fields
- Half day Icelandic Viking horse riding on lava fields
- Private tour of the Icelandic Golden Circle
- Private, guided tours of Reykjavik and Akureyri
- Private South Coast Adventure Tour
- Private tour of the Lake Myvatn geothermal area
- Visits to Fontana Spa to the Blue Lagoon
- All admissions and fees for attractions mentioned in the itinerary
- Private guides and drivers throughout the trip
- All restaurants', guides' and drivers' gratuities
- Airfare from Akureyri to Reykjavik, including all airline fees and taxes
- All sightseeing fees and admissions
- All transportation during the tour (including a comfortable, air-conditioned bus)
- Experienced, professional tour director throughout the tour
Additional/optional costs may include: optional travel insurance, optional single supplement, early hotel check-in, optional additional nights at Hotel Centrum in Reykjavik, optional tour director gratuities, personal expenses.
The cost does not include airfare.
- The hip, cosmopolitan Reykjavik with designer shopping
- The mineral spas at Fontana at the Blue Lagoon
- Riding Icelandic Viking horses on lava fields
- Watching the geyser erupt
- Visiting Thingvellir National Park
- Seeing Gullfoss and countless other waterfalls cascade down the rocks
- Enjoying Nordic sagas woven into the landscape
- Watching dolphins, reindeers, whales and puffins
- Stunning waterfalls, pseudo craters and volcanoes
- Colorful rock formations and geothermal fields
- The Lake Myvatn area
- Husavik and Whale Watching Safari
- The Nordic ambience of the town of Akureyri
- Dining on Icelandic cuisine
|What Makes This Trip Special |
- Accommodation in an upscale, perfectly located hotels
- Gourmet dining in Reykjavik and Akureyri
- Small group of the maximum of 16 women
- Experienced, professional tour director
- Carefully designed itinerary, including signature Icelandic experiences
- Knowledgeable and passionate private guides
- Exclusive experiences, not available to larger groups
- Inclusion of the domestic airfare
- Private, our group only, tour
- No forced shopping