Women Travel News. Why?
May 2 - 11, 2021
10 Days / 9 Nights
Tour starts and ends in Paris
$4,260 per person/ double occupancy
$1,220 optional single supplement
$360 additional nights in Paris, double or single room (including airport transfer)
Includes all fees and taxes
Click on the image to enlarge the map
THREE SINGLE ROOMS & ONE SHARED SPACE LEFT
Visiting France is always unforgettable, and this journey will be even more so: we'll first tour Paris, ancient and modern, funky and elegant, the unforgettable City of Light. We'll get to know and love Paris, as we see the Notre Dame, the Musee d'Orsay and the Louvre, enjoy the opulent Versailles Palace, and the colorful Giverny of Monet's Impressionist paintings. We can shop for flowers at neighborhood markets and for haute couture at Galleries Lafayette, as we acquire a new sense of style. We'll create lifelong memories as we sample the world's best cheese and chocolate during the gourmet Paris walk, take an elegant dinner cruise on the Seine and dine at an elegant Parisian restaurant. After the excitement of Paris, we'll travel to Provence, and experience French country living at its best. We'll get immersed in the unhurried appreciation of Provencal countryside during our stay at a classic Provencal villa enjoying French cuisine, wine and history, while connecting with new, like-minded friends.
The Paris and Provence Tour is a feast for all senses. We'll enjoy the unforgettable aroma as we walk through a field of lavender, relish in the taste of olives and country wines, and learn to pair wine with chocolate, as we hum to music spilling from sidewalk cafes. We'll follow in the footsteps of both Romans and artists in Arles and dance on the bridge of Avignon. We'll walk by the vineyards, cypress trees, stone bridges and quaint villages that inspired Picasso and Van Gogh and chat with shopkeepers at outdoor Provencal markets.
We'll spend 5 days in the Left Bank boutique hotel in Paris and 5 days in an elegant country villa in Provence.
In Paris, we'll explore the highlights of the city, take a gourmet culinary tour, a dinner cruise on the Seine River, enjoy a private tour of the Louvre, and dine at an elegant Parisian restaurant. We'll visit Monet's Waterlily Gardens in Giverny and the Versailles Palace, touring the Royal Apartments, Marie-Antoinette's Estates and admiring the "dancing waters show" performed by dozens of fountains in the Versailles gardens.
While in Provence, we'll explore the Provencal village markets, tour the renowned Châteauneuf-du-Pape winery, spend a day learning to cook Provencal dishes, learn to pair wines with chocolate and to use the right olive or walnut oil, visit Pont du Gard, stroll among the historical riches of Avignon and fall in love in Arles.
Throughout the tour, we will dine in carefully selected gourmet restaurants, allowing for the fullest appreciation of French cuisine. We'll enjoy the sophisticated French and Provencal cuisine and wines throughout the tour.
- 4 nights in a boutique Paris hotel, in the Eiffel Tower neighborhood
- 5 nights in an elegant Provencal villa in St. Remy
- 9 breakfasts, 7 dinners, 3 lunches, chocolate and wine pairing session - traditional French or vegetarian menu, including drinks
- Private airport transfers on arrival, group airport transfer on departure, round trip TGV train between Paris and Avignon and all transportation in France
- Professional local guides and an experienced bilingual Tour Director
- All sightseeing fees and admissions
- All guides', drivers' and restaurants' gratuities
- Cultural activities, sights and attractions as per itinerary
Additional/optional costs may include: optional single supplement, early hotel check-in, porterage, optional travel insurance, meals not included in the itinerary, optional activities not mentioned in the itinerary, optional Tour Director's gratuities, telephone charges, room service, mini bar charges, laundry, personal expenses.
The cost does not include airfare.
- Dining at an elegant Parisian restaurant
- Touring Versailles Palace
- Visiting Monet's Waterlily Gardens in Giverny
- Louvre's masterpieces private tour
- The Notre Dame Cathedral and Sainte Chapelle
- Impressionist collection at Musee d'Orsay
- Notre Dame Cathedral and Saint Chapelle
- Gourmet culinary walk
- Dinner cruise on the Seine River
- Staying at an elegant Provencal country villa
- Colorful Provencal village markets
- Provencal cooking class
- Roman city of Arles
- Culturally rich city of Avignon
- Visiting Pont du Gard
- The art of chocolate and wine pairing
- Wine estate picnic in the vineyard
- Van Gogh's heritage in St. Remy and Arles
- Les Baux de Provence
- Châteauneuf-du-Pape wine appreciation experience
|What Makes This Trip Special |
- Accommodation in an elegant, boutique hotel in Paris
- Staying at a Provencal villa in St. Remy
- Upscale restaurants and a la carte dining, including wine
- Knowledgeable and passionate local guides
- Exclusive experiences, not available to larger groups
- A small group of maximum 16 women
- Experienced and bilingual Tour Director
- No forced shopping