DATES & COST
July 17 - 26, 2023
10 Days / 9 Nights
This tour starts in Budapest and ends in Prague
$4,460 per person
$1,480 optional single supplement
$380 additional nights per room (single or double) includes airport transfer
Includes all fees and taxes
This tour may be combined with The Baltic Renaissance to Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, and Finland tour (July 27 - August 5, 2023)
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- 2 nights in Budapest, 4 nights in Vienna and 3 nights in Prague in centrally located, upscale hotels
- Private airport transfers on arrival and on departure, private coach transfer between Budapest, Vienna and Prague, all transportation in each city
- A la carte meals: traditional or vegetarian menu: 9 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners, including drinks
- Professional local guides and Sights and Soul Travels' Tour Director
- All cultural activities as per itinerary
- All fees and admissions for activities mentioned in the itinerary
- All guides', drivers' and restaurants' gratuities
Additional/optional costs may include: optional travel insurance, optional single room supplement, early hotel check-in, meals or activities not mentioned in the itinerary, any required Covid-19 related testing, optional Tour Director's gratuities, room service, mini bar charges, laundry charges, personal expenses.
The tour cost does not include airfare to and from the tour’s location.
Click on the image to enlarge the map
- Cruise on the River Danube in Budapest
- The Buda Castle and the Renaissance Castle District
- Szechenyi Baths and Spa
- Schonbrunn Summer Palace in Vienna
- Mozart and baroque music concert in Vienna
- The treasures of Kunsthistorisches Museum
- The Belvedere Palace
- Extended coffee breaks in Vienna coffeehouses
- The Danube River Wachau Valley
- Melk Abbey and the Gothic Krems
- Prague Royal Castle and Charles Bridge
- Prague's medieval Old Town
- Bohemian Little Quarter
- Jewish heritage of Prague
- Chamber music concert in Prague
WHAT MAKES THIS TOUR SPECIAL
- Accommodations at central, upscale hotels in Budapest, Vienna and Prague
- Elegant restaurants and a la carte dining including drinks, throughout the tour
- Knowledgeable and passionate local guides
- Exclusive experiences, not available to larger groups
- A small group of maximum 16 women
- Knowledgeable and experienced tour director
- No forced shopping
Straddling East and West, the grand cities of Budapest, Prague, and Vienna sit amongst the spectacular landscapes of Central Europe where the heritage of the ancient Germanic and Slavic cultures produce rich travel experiences. The region is home to innumerable historic towns, fairy-tale castles, forests, unspoiled farmland, and picturesque mountain ranges. These three cultural capitals, the Jewels of Eastern Europe offer a fascinating insight into the history of Europe's geographical heart.
During this unforgettable journey, we will marvel at the splendor of Budapest, famous not only for its pastries but also for its countless thermal baths; we'll spend several days in Vienna, one of Europe's most elegant and historic cities; and discover the golden city of Prague, the ancient capital of Bohemia. We will enjoy history, cultures, cuisines, wine, and outstanding cultural performances and return with unforgettable memories of having truly experienced the classic charm and elegance of the Old World.
The Jewels of Eastern Europe tour will start in Budapest, where we'll experience the best and the most unique aspects of this imperial city. We'll take a champagne cruise on the mighty Danube and marvel at the millions of lights twinkling on its riverbanks. We'll ride the antique metro, the oldest on the European continent, and a funicular down Castle Hill. We'll see the ancient Buda Castle, once home of the powerful Hungarian kings, the Castle District, famous for its medieval, baroque and 19th-century architecture with the centerpieces of the Fishermen's Bastion and St. Matthias Church, enjoy the traditional Hungarian cuisine and desserts and a leisurely afternoon at the sumptuous Szechenyi Baths and Spa.
The architecturally stunning Budapest is a tour de force of the Hapsburg splendor, with the grandeur of its Royal Palace, the iconic Parliament building, and the imposing Hungarian State Opera House reflecting in the Danube.
- We'll spend 2 days in the city of Budapest, staying in a contemporary riverside hotel, perfectly located in the city center, by the Danube River. The hotel's location will allow us easy individual explorations of the city.
- We'll tour the Buda Castle, St. Matthias Church, and Fishermen's Bastion in the Buda section of the city and Heroes' Square and Vaci Utca in the Pest section of the city.
- We'll enjoy a late afternoon champagne cruise on the Danube, ride on the antique metro (Europe's oldest) and take in the Hungarian tradition of an afternoon spent relaxing at a thermal spa.
- We'll dine at an elegant riverside restaurant and at one of Hungary's oldest dining establishments with all the trappings of the Old World glamour.
The second city that we'll visit during the Jewels of Eastern Europe tour, will be the Imperial city of Vienna, laced with architectural marvels from its medieval past to the impossible surrealist landmarks. The focus of our stay here will be music, art, cuisine and the history of Vienna.
Vienna is the most beautiful baroque city in Europe. It's a city of waltzes and opera music wafting around every corner, of Old World elegance and cutting edge design, of wine, pastries and whipped cream. Vienna is a city of delicate spires overlooking imperial palaces, surreal gardens and the mighty Danube weaving through it all. For centuries, different nationalities have fused their cultural identities to produce the intriguing, cosmopolitan Viennese culture which gave birth to modernism: without Klimt, Schiele, Loos and Freud, the course of Western music, architecture, painting, science and literature might have turned out very differently.
- We will spend 4 days in Vienna, experiencing the best that the city has to offer while staying at a luxury hotel in the center of the Old Town.
- We'll tour Habsburgs' Schonbrunn Palace, Vienna's Opera House, the Kunsthistorisches Museum, the Belvedere Palace, admire the baroque domes, Gothic cathedrals, Art Nouveau architecture and some of the most celebrated European paintings.
- We'll explore the serenely beautiful Vienna Woods in the Wachau Valley, as we take a cruise along the Danube River, tour the Baroque Melk Abbey and the Gothic town of Krems.
- We'll enjoy a Mozart music concert performed in the same concert hall where Mozart once played.
- We'll dine a la carte at carefully selected gourmet restaurants to experience the atmosphere of an imperial dining room and an elegant coffee house with incredible desserts.
The third Jewel of Eastern Europe is Prague, a dreamy cityscape of winding lanes, stone bridges and delicate spires, set in the legendary Bohemia. Prague is a city of quaint romance, of stunning architecture from its glorious medieval past to the flamboyant Art Nouveau, a place rich with history and legends, yet brimming with contemporary energy and youthful optimism.
We'll explore the city with renowned Czech guides and meet the friendly locals, as we take an architectural tour of the city to admire the Baroque domes, Renaissance palaces and Gothic cathedrals, discovering the Little Quarter and the foreboding Prague Castle. We'll also attend an intimate concert, and get an insight into the Jewish history of Prague.