Straddling East and West, the grand cities of Budapest, Prague and Vienna sit amid the spectacular landscapes of Central Europe where the heritage of the ancient Germanic and Slavic cultures produce rich travel experiences. The region is home to innumerable historic towns, fairy-tale castles, forests, unspoiled farmland, and picturesque mountain ranges. The three cultural capitals, the Jewels of Eastern Europe: Budapest, Vienna and Prague, offer a fascinating insight into the history of Europe's geographical heart.
During this unforgettable journey, we will discover the golden city of Prague, the ancient capital of Bohemia; we'll spend several days in Vienna, one of Europe's most elegant and historic cities; and marvel at the splendor of Budapest, famous not only for its pastries, but also for its countless thermal baths. We will enjoy outstanding musical and cultural performances in each of these cities and return with unforgettable memories of having truly experienced the elegance of the Old World.
The Jewels of Eastern Europe tour will start in Budapest, where we'll experience the best and the most unique aspects of this imperial city. We'll take a champagne cruise on the mighty Danube and marvel at the millions of lights twinkling on its riverbanks. We'll ride the antique metro, the oldest on the European continent, and a funicular up the Castle Hill. We'll see the ancient Buda Castle, once home of the powerful Hungarian Kings, the Castle District, famous for its medieval, baroque, and 19th-century architecture and St. Matthias Church, enjoy the traditional Hungarian cuisine and desserts and a leisurely afternoon at the sumptuous Szechenyi Baths and Spa.
The architecturally stunning Budapest is a tour de force of the Hapsburg splendor, with the grandeur of its Royal Palace, the iconic Parliament building and the imposing Hungarian State Opera House reflecting in the Danube.
- We'll spend 2 days in the city of Budapest, staying in a contemporary riverside hotel, perfectly located in the city center, by the Danube River. The hotel's location will allow us easy individual explorations.
- We'll tour the Buda Castle, St. Matthias Church and Fishermen Bastion in the Buda section of the city and Heroes' Square and Vaci Utca in the Pest section of the city.
- We'll enjoy a night-time champagne cruise on the Danube, ride on antique metro (Europe's oldest) and take in the Hungarian tradition of the afternoon spent relaxing at a thermal spa.
- We'll dine at an elegant riverside restaurant and at one of Hungary's oldest dining establishment with all the trappings of the Old World glamour.
The second city that we'll visit during the Jewels of Eastern Europe tour, will be the Imperial city of Vienna, laced with architectural marvels from its medieval past to the impossible surrealist landmarks. The focus of our stay here will be music, art, cuisine and the history of Vienna.
Vienna is the most beautiful baroque city in Europe. It's a city of waltzes and opera music around every corner, of Old World elegance and cutting edge design, of wine, pastries and whipped cream. Vienna is a city of delicate spires overlooking imperial palaces, surreal gardens and the mighty Danube weaving through it all. For centuries, different nationalities have fused their cultural identities to produce the intriguing, cosmopolitan Viennese culture which gave birth to modernism: without Klimt, Schiele, Loos and Freud, the course of Western music, architecture, painting, science and literature might have turned out very differently.
- We will spend 4 days in Vienna, experiencing the best that the city has to offer, while staying at a luxury hotel in the center of the Old Town.
- We'll tour Habsburgs' Schonbrunn Palace, Vienna's Opera House, the Kunsthistorisches Museum, the Belvedere Palace, admire the baroque domes, Gothic cathedrals, Art Nouveau architecture and some of the most celebrated European paintings.
- We'll explore the serenely beautiful Vienna Woods in the Wachau Valley, as we take a cruise on the Danube River, tour the Baroque Melk Abbey and the Gothic town of Krems.
- We'll enjoy a Mozart music concert performed in the same concert hall where Mozart once played.
- We'll dine a la carte at carefully selected gourmet restaurants to experience the atmosphere of an imperial dining room and an elegant coffee house with incredible desserts.
The third Jewel of Eastern Europe is Prague, a dreamy cityscape of winding lanes, stone bridges and delicate spires, set in the legendary Bohemia. Prague is a city of quaint romance, of stunning architecture from its glorious medieval past to the flamboyant Art Nouveau, a place rich with history and legends, yet brimming with youthful optimism.
We'll explore the city with renowned Czech guides and meet the friendly locals, as we take an architectural tour of the city to admire the Baroque domes, Renaissance palaces and Gothic cathedrals, discover the Little Quarter and visit the foreboding Prague Castle. We'll also attend an intimate palace concert, and get an insight into the Jewish history of Prague.
We'll spend 4 days
in the magical city of Prague
, staying in a perfectly located boutique hotel
, situated close to the Charles Bridge and the Main Market Square, the hotel's location allows for easy individual exploration.
We'll take in-depth private tours of the historic Old Town, the Prague Castle, and the Jewish neighborhood of Josefov.
We'll enjoy the spectacular views of all the treasures of the Golden City.
We'll experience the aristocratic elegance of the Old World at a classical music concert at Lobkowicz Palace.
- Throughout the tour, you will dine a la carte at carefully selected upscale restaurants.
- 2 nights in Budapest, 4 nights in Vienna and 3 nights in Prague in centrally located, upscale hotels
- Private airport transfers on arrival and on departure, private coach transfer between Budapest, Vienna and Prague, all transportation in each city
- A la carte meals: traditional or vegetarian menu: 9 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners, including drinks
- Professional local guides and an experienced tour director
- All cultural activities as per itinerary
- All fees and admissions for activities mentioned in the itinerary
- All guides', drivers' and restaurants' gratuities
Additional/optional costs may include: optional travel insurance, optional single room supplement, early hotel check-in, meals or activities not mentioned in the itinerary, tour director's gratuities, room service, mini bar charges, laundry charges, personal expenses.