DATES & COST
January 6 - 15, 2024
10 Days / 9 Nights
This tour starts and ends in San José
$4,680 per person/double occupancy
$1,840 optional single supplement
$320 additional night, single or double room (includes a private airport transfer)
Includes all fees and taxes
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- 2 nights in a stately hacienda turned a luxury hotel in San José, 4 nights in a resort hotel in La Fortuna in the shadow of the Arenal Volcano, 3 nights in a beach resort hotel in Los Suenos on the dramatic Pacific Coast
- Delicious local meals: 9 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 8 dinners, including drinks
- All transportation in Costa Rica: comfortable, air-conditioned bus and a professional driver
- All excursions and cultural activities as per the itinerary
- An experienced Sights and Soul Travels' Tour Director
- A professional Costa Rican guide throughout the tour and local guides at sights
- All sightseeing and activities fees as per itinerary
- A private sunset cruise
- Private airport transfers on arrival and on departure
- All porterage, restaurants', guides' and driver's gratuities
Additional/optional costs may include: optional travel insurance, optional single room supplement, additional accommodations, optional early hotel check in, optional Tour Director's gratuities, meals or activities not mentioned in the itinerary, room service, mini bar charges, laundry charges, phone calls, personal expenses.
The tour cost does not include airfare to and from the tour’s location.
- The blue crater and sulfur fumaroles of the Poas Volcano
- La Paz Waterfall and White Magic Waterfall
- The Ancient Secrets of Chocolate tour at a cocoa plantation
- Sky tram and ziplining at the Arenal Volcano Park
- Mineral Hot Springs of Tabacon
- Arenal hanging bridges
- Costa Rican cooking class
- Visiting a coffee plantation
- Boating on a river filled with crocodiles
- Manuel Antonio National Park with a naturalist guide
- Snorkeling in the sparkling Pacific Ocean
- A private Los Suenos sunset cruise
- Learning about Costa Rica's history during the tour of San José
Hot Springs pools. Loved them. Seeing animals in the wild. Enjoying some really tasty meals. Interesting tours, beautiful natural country. Loved the coffee and chocolate tours. Loved getting to drink directly from a coconut cut from the forest. Being in nature for me is always a special treat. - Sharon from Illinois
I just completed my first solo women's trip. I decided to travel with Sights and Soul Travels to Costa Rica in January due to the positive reviews. An excellent decision! Amazing sights, we had our WONDERFUL tour director Marina, tasty beautiful food and I met many incredible, well traveled, engaging women. We shared many stories and laughs. I am planning my next trip with Sights and Soul Travel. - Lois from Pennsylvania
I thought the tour as a whole was wonderful. There were so many awesome activities and everyone was so nice. The food was wonderful. Great tour leader, driver and local guides. Highly recommend S&S to anyone looking for a high-quality tour. - Melanie from Texas
I loved Costa Rica! I've been there before, and this tour was so much more enjoyable. It included nature walks and adventures like zip lining, but also comfortable resort-like hotels with pools to relax in. I appreciate the wonderful hotels and restaurants you find for us as well as the wide variety of activities. – Kathy from Ohio
This was a fabulous trip! The people in Costa Rica are very friendly and go out of their way to please you. Food was fabulous! Very happy with Sights and Soul. So glad I did this trip! One of my top 5 trips so far! – Lynn from Ohio
Holding a baby sloth and handfeeding hummingbirds, seeing whales were the highlights. The zipline and crocodile tour were an adrenaline rush. Also the group of women were awesome! – Stephanie from British Columbia
My worries about traveling alone are over! I can see the world now, with women like myself and Tour Leaders who are dedicated to the safety and experience of the travelers. – Wendy from Virginia
S+S runs a great tour company. I always tell people how carefully they select guides, hotels, restaurants, businesses, etc. I felt totally safe with your company, and I know you will always strive to do your best, you have a good balance of various activities and something for every interest. Bravo, S+S! - Kathleen from Washington
As always, traveling with Sights and Soul is a wonderful, almost hassle-free way of experiencing new destination, as well as meeting new friends. - Denise from Indiana
Tour Director: Marlene Boyer
Costa Rica, with its long, dramatic coastline, misty cloud and rain forests, smoldering volcanoes and pristine golden beaches, is one of the planet’s most biologically diverse countries. Named the “rich coast” by the Spanish conquistadors who first settled here, Costa Rica is a place for the adventure of a lifetime. With 5 percent of the world’s biodiversity concentrated in such a small area, it allows for close encounters with a myriad of animals, among them several species of monkeys, frogs, birds and sloths. This is the land of adventure with picturesque rain forest and cloud forest hikes, sailing on aquamarine ocean to secluded coves, ziplining, floating on primeval rivers through mangrove forests, enjoying the volcano formed thermal pools and relaxing at the world-class spas, or listening to the chattering of howler monkeys and toucans just outside your window.
With a history dating back to the 1500s, today Costa Rica is often referred to as the “happiest place on earth.” Ticos, as native Costa Ricans are called, live by their motto Pura Vida, meaning anything from “Hello” to “This is the Life!”, and the Costa Rica's Nature Paradise tour will allow us to take advantage of this happy lifestyle and spend the 10 days living to the fullest!
- We’ll spend the first night in Costa Rica's capital of San José, before moving for four nights to the La Fortuna region, in the shadow of the smoldering Arenal Volcano. We'll spend the following three nights in the Herradura region on the dramatic Pacific coast, before coming back to San José for one more day to explore the city.
- While in the La Fortuna region, we'll see the Poas Volcano and La Paz Waterfall, learn about the ancient secrets of chocolate during a cocoa farm tour, enjoy a Costa Rican cooking class and an interactive coffee plantation tour, relax in the mineral hot springs, walk in the canopy of the rain forest on hanging bridges, soar above the mountains, as we take the Sky Tram to the Arenal Volcano overlook, where we can try ziplining.
- While in the Los Suenos, we will cruise on a private boat into the sunset, as we admire the dramatic coastline, stop to snorkel, take a boat tour in a river filled with crocodiles, explore the famous Manuel Antonio National Park, visiting with a private guide to learn about the exotic plant and animal life and about Costa Rica's native history, and have lunch in a converted cargo plane. There will also be time for spa and leisure time on the beach and in the rainforest.
- While in San José, we'll see the city's highlights with a private guide, during a panoramic city tour.
Click on the image to enlarge the map
WHAT MAKES THIS TOUR SPECIAL
- Accommodation at exclusive, centrally located hotels throughout the tour
- Inclusion of most meals, with drinks
- Professional, local adventure and naturalist guides throughout the tour
- Experienced Tour Director throughout the tour
- Exclusive experiences, not available to larger groups
- A small group of maximum 16 women
- No forced shopping