DATES & COST
January 11 - 20, 2023 (10 Days / 9 Nights)
This tour starts and ends in San José
$4,260 per person/double occupancy
$1,680 optional single supplement
$290 additional night, single or double room (includes a private airport transfer)
Includes all fees and taxes
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- 2 nights in a luxury modern San Jose hotel, 4 nights in a resort hotel in La Fortuna in the shadow of the Arenal Volcano, 3 nights in a beach resort hotel in Los Suenos on the dramatic Pacific Coast
- Delicious local meals: 9 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 8 dinners, including drinks
- All transportation in Costa Rica: comfortable, air-conditioned bus and a professional driver
- All excursions and cultural activities as per the itinerary
- Sights and Soul Travels' Tour Director and Costa Rican adventure guides throughout the tour
- All sightseeing and activities fees as per itinerary
- A private sunset cruise
- Private airport transfers on arrival and on departure
- All porterage, restaurants', guides' and driver's gratuities
Additional/optional costs may include: optional travel insurance, optional single room supplement, additional accommodations, optional early hotel check in, any required Covid-19 related testing, optional Tour Director's gratuities, meals or activities not mentioned in the itinerary, room service, mini bar charges, laundry charges, phone calls, personal expenses.
The tour cost does not include airfare to and from the tour’s location.
- The blue crater and sulfur fumaroles of the Poas Volcano
- La Paz Waterfall and White Magic Waterfall
- The Ancient Secrets of Chocolate tour at a cocoa plantation
- Sky tram and ziplining at the Arenal Volcano Park
- Mineral Hot Springs of Tabacon
- Arenal hanging bridges
- Twilight Safari Float
- Costa Rican cooking class
- Visiting a coffee plantation
- Monteverde cloud forest walk
- Boating on a river filled with crocodiles
- Manuel Antonio National Park with a naturalist guide
- Snorkeling in the sparkling Pacific Ocean
- A private Los Suenos sunset cruise
- Learning about Costa Rica's history during the tour of San Jose
Tour Director: Marina Rossow
Costa Rica, with its long, dramatic coastline, misty cloud and rain forests, smoldering volcanoes and pristine golden beaches, is one of the planet’s most biologically diverse countries. Named the “rich coast” by the Spanish conquistadors who first settled here, Costa Rica is a place for the adventure of a lifetime. With 5 percent of the world’s biodiversity concentrated in such a small area, it allows for close encounters with a myriad of animals, among them several species of monkeys, frogs, birds and sloths. This is the land of adventure with picturesque rain forest and cloud forest hikes, sailing on aquamarine ocean to secluded coves, ziplining, floating on primeval rivers through mangrove forests, enjoying the volcano formed thermal pools and relaxing at the world-class spas, or listening to the chattering of howler monkeys and toucans just outside your window.
With a history dating back to the 1500s, today Costa Rica is often referred to as the “happiest place on earth.” Ticos, as native Costa Ricans are called, live by their motto Pura Vida, meaning anything from “Hello” to “This is the Life!”, and the Costa Rica's Nature Paradise tour will allow us to take advantage of this happy lifestyle and spend the 10 days living to the fullest!
- We’ll spend the first night in Costa Rica's capital of San Jose, before moving for four nights to the La Fortuna region, in the shadow of the smoldering Arenal Volcano. We'll spend the following three nights in the Herradura region on the dramatic Pacific coast, before coming back to San Jose for one more day to explore the city.
- While in the La Fortuna region, we'll see the Poas Volcano and La Paz Waterfall, learn about the ancient secrets of chocolate during a cocoa farm tour, enjoy a Costa Rican cooking class and an interactive coffee plantation tour, relax in the mineral hot springs, walk in the canopy of the rain forest on hanging bridges, soar above the mountains, as we take the Sky Tram to the Arenal Volcano overlook, where we can try ziplining, then relax as we watch the wildlife during the Twilight Safari Float.
- While in the Los Suenos, we will cruise on a private boat into the sunset, as we admire the dramatic coastline, stop to snorkel, explore the cloud covered canopies of Monteverde, take a boat tour in a river filled with crocodiles, explore the famous Manuel Antonio National Park, visiting with a private guide to learn about the exotic plant and animal life and about Costa Rica's native history, and have lunch in a converted cargo plane. There will also be time for spa and leisure time on the beach and in the rainforest.
- While in San Jose, we'll see the city's highlights with a private guide, during a panoramic city tour.
Click on the image to enlarge the map
WHAT MAKES THIS TOUR SPECIAL
- Accommodation at exclusive, centrally located hotels throughout the tour
- Inclusion of most meals, with drinks
- Professional, local adventure and naturalist guides throughout the tour
- Experienced Tour Director throughout the tour
- Exclusive experiences, not available to larger groups
- A small group of maximum 16 women
- No forced shopping