Women Travel News. Why?
September 1 - 11, 2019
11 Days / 10 Nights
This tour starts in Bergen and ends in Oslo
$5,880 double occupancy
$2,800 optional single supplement
$380 additional night, including a private airport transfer, single or double room
Includes all fees and taxes
Click on the image to enlarge the map
Norway is a land of intense natural beauty which is hard to overstate. Mountains of dizzying heights, deep fjords carved out by ice age glaciers, waterfalls cascading down mountainsides, and the awe-inspiring. The spectacular architecture,affluent cities, quaint Sami settlements and exciting local cuisine enhance the experience further. Norway’s natural wonders, dramatic and diverse, range from serene forest-covered hills in the southeast, spectacular fjords and glaciers in the west, and the Arctic wilderness in the north. The seals and eagles reign, the whales and fish patrol the deep fjords, and small villages sleep along the sides of each fjord.
The Summer Norway adventure will awake the explorer in you. We'll journey from the historic Old World Bergen, following the otherworldly West Coast among the world's most beautiful islands and fjords to the epic North Cape, then the tiny Kirkenes in the extreme Arctic wilderness, to end the adventure in the sophisticated capital city of Oslo. With its stirring and varied landscapes, the Norwegian coast is one of the most exciting and varied adventure destinations in the world, and we will explore this rugged coastline, coming face-to-face with natural wonders of epic proportions and enjoying the local culture and the everyday life of people who live here.
We'll start with 2 days in the old Hanseatic League town of Bergen, venturing out to experience Norway in a Nutshell, the iconic train and boat journey that traverses the hauntingly beautiful Norwegian landscapes of the magnificent fjords, idyllic rural vistas, taking the spectacular Flam Mountain Railway and cruising on the Aurlandsfjord and the narrow Nærøyfjord. Then, we'll board the Hurtigruten Expedition Ship, M/S Nordkapp and travel for 6 days along the West Coast of Norway until we reach Kirkenes, next to the Russian border. After a short flight, we'll finish our adventure in Oslo, staying at an upscale hotel in the heart of Norway's sophisticated capital, and visiting its cultural highlights: the Vigeland Sculpture Park, the Open Air Museum and the Viking Ship Museum.
- 2 nights in a wharf-side luxury hotel in Bergen's Old Town; 2 nights in an upscale designer hotel, located in the heart of cosmopolitan Oslo; 6 nights aboard the M/S Nordkapp, a Hurtigruten Expedition Ship.
- Delicious local meals: 10 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 8 dinners, including drinks.
- Domestic flight from Kirkenes to Oslo, including all fees.
- Private airport transfers on arrival and on departure.
- Full day Norway in a Nutshell excursion from Bergen, including high altitude Bergen train ride, a cruise through the narrow Nærøyfjord and the Flåm Railway.
- Private guided tour of Bergen, including the Fløibanen funicular.
- Private guided tour of Oslo, including the Vigeland Sculpture Park and the Viking Ship Museum.
- Private guided tour of Trondheim city tour, including the Nidaros Cathedral (outside only).
- Lofotr Viking Experience in Stamsund.
- North Cape excursion.
- Lectures, presentations and activities onboard the expedition ship.
- Experienced tour director throughout the tour.
- All activities, sightseeing fees and admissions as per itinerary.
- All restaurants', guides' and drivers' gratuities throughout the tour.
- Free WiFi onboard the ship and at both hotels.
Additional/optional costs may include: optional single room supplement, additional accommodations in Oslo or in Bergen, early hotel check-in, additional, optional excursions from M/S Nordkapp, medical travel insurance (required for Norway), optional tour director's gratuity, meals not included in the itinerary, telephone charges, laundry, minibar, and personal expenses.
- The wooden architecture of Bergen
- Norway in a Nutshell
- 7 day voyage on an Expedition Ship
- Trondheim's Nidaros Cathedral
- Trollfjord and the Lofoten Islands
- Crossing the Arctic Circle
- The North Cape
- The eastern town of Kirkenes
- Modern Oslo's art and architecture
|What Makes This Trip Special |
- Carefully designed itinerary, including signature Norwegian experiences
- Exclusive experiences not available to larger groups
- Knowledgeable private guides in Bergen, Trondheim and in Oslo
- Expedition Ship's special activities, lectures and presentations
- A small group of maximum 16 women
- An experienced tour director
- Private airport transfers
- Culturally enriching and fun activities, perfect for solo travelers
- No forced shopping
- Inclusion of gratuities
- Inclusion of drinks with dinner and WiFi onboard the ship