Women Travel News. Why?
December 4 - 14, 2019
11 Days / 10 Nights
Tour starts and ends in Cairo
$3,980 per person / double occupancy
$1,260 optional single supplement
$280 additional night, including private transfer, single or double
Includes all fees and taxes
Click on the image to enlarge the map
Along the Nile River's fertile plains, the earliest human civilization gave rise to one of the most powerful and intriguing cultures: the ancient Egypt. Since then, the Nile River and the Egyptian pyramids have captivated our imagination like no other icons.
With the Pyramids and the Nile Tour, we'll embark on the voyage of a lifetime, exploring the ancient Egypt and sailing along the Nile, one of the Earth's most revered rivers. We'll be rewarded with an unforgettable journey which makes the history come alive, as we discover the magnificent temples at Karnak and Luxor, the extraordinary painted tombs in the Valley of the Kings, the surreal Abu Simbel, and the iconic Great Pyramids. We'll study the mysterious realm of the pharaohs, visit their colossal monuments and elaborate tombs. We'll learn about the pantheon of Egyptian gods, ponder the beauty of hieroglyphics, see the wonders of modern engineering in Aswan and participate in engaging discussions on both ancient and modern Egypt. We'll also explore the vibrant Cairo, and gain insight into a culture and religion that are integral to today's geopolitical issues. We'll see magical places full of architectural gems and important museum collections, and learn about life along the Nile as we cruise aboard a luxury riverboat.
We'll spend 4 days in Cairo, the colorful capital of Egypt; 2 days in Luxor; and 5 days onboard a luxury riverboat;
While in Cairo, we'll wonder at the city of sky-scrapers that rise in contrast to tapered minarets, at the Pyramids of Giza and their guardian Sphinx, the Saqqara Pyramids, the Ben Ezra Synagogue, the Hanging Church, the colorful Khan el Khalili Market and visit the newly opened Grand Egyptian Museum, one of the world's most famous museums;
While in Luxor, we'll tour the Valley of the Kings with its colorful tombs carved out of rocky cliffs and Queen Hatshepsut's Temple, built to honor the god Amun, the Karnak Temple and the Luxor Temple;
While on the Nile cruise, we'll stop to explore the Edfu Temple and the Kom Ombo Temple, we'll admire the beautiful Aswan with its Temple of Phalie, dedicated to the goddess Isis and the god Osiris, we'll sail on a traditional Felucca sailboat and stroll through Aswan's exotic botanical gardens;
Before returning to Cairo, we'll enjoy a rare treat, as we fly to Abu Simbel to see the amazing Ramses II Temples and Nefertari's Temple;
As part of the experience, we'll visit a private Egyptian home and dine on the local specialties prepared just for us;
Throughout the tour, we'll stay in 5 star hotel accommodations, dine in excellent restaurants, as well as local eateries to experience the authentic Egyptian flavors, and benefit from the knowledge and passion of our private Egyptologist guide, who will accompany us throughout the tour.
- 3 nights at a luxury hotel in Cairo; 2 nights at an upscale Nile-side hotel in Luxor; 4 nights on a deluxe Nile riverboat; 1 night at the modern Cairo airport hotel;
- Private airport transfers on arrival and on departure from Cairo;
- All meals throughout the tour, at fine hotel dining rooms, local restaurants and onboard the Nile riverboat: 10 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 10 dinners, including drinks, and bottled water at all meals;
- Four domestic flights in Egypt and all transportation in Egypt in a private, air-conditioned motor coach;
- Bottled water on days when touring by bus;
- Knowledgeable Egyptologist guide, who will accompany the group throughout the tour, a private driver and a professional tour director;
- All admissions and attractions mentioned in the itinerary;
- A designated security guard throughout the tour;
- The Egyptian entry visa;
- All restaurants', guide's and drivers' gratuities;
- All taxes, fees, fuel charges and supplements.
Additional/optional costs may include: optional travel insurance, optional single supplement, optional additional accommodations, optional tour director's gratuities, room service, mini bar charges, laundry charges, phone calls, personal expenses.
The tour cost does not include airfare.
- The Great Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx
- Saqqara Pyramids
- Sensory extravagance of Old Cairo
- The Grand Egyptian Museum in Cairo
- Cruising the Nile River
- Karnak and Luxor Temples
- The Valley of the Kings
- Queen Hatshepsut's Temple
- King Tut's and Ramses VI's tombs
- Edfu and Kom Ombo Temples
- Nile cataracts in Aswan
- Phalie Temple
- Ramses II and Nefertari's Temples in Abu Simbel
|What Makes This Tour Special |
- Carefully designed itinerary, including signature Egyptian experiences
- Exclusive experiences, not available to larger groups
- Small group with the maximum of 16 women
- Knowledgeable and passionate Egyptologist guide
- Inclusion of Abu Simbel, missed by most other groups because of the cost involved
- Experienced tour director throughout the trip
- Accommodation in upscale, perfectly located hotels
- Inclusion of all meals throughout the tour, including drinks
- A private, home hosted Egyptian dinner on a roof terrace overlooking the Sphinx
- No forced shopping