Women Travel News. Why?
January 31 - February 5, 2021
6 Days / 5 Nights
This tour starts and ends in Johannesburg
$3,230 per person/ double occupancy
$690 optional single supplement
$980 optional airfare from JFK or IAD - add-on airfare from your city may be available
Includes all fees and taxes
Click on the image to enlarge the map
The Victoria Falls or Mosi-oa-Tunya (the Smoke that Thunders) are located on the Zambezi River between Zambia and Zimbabwe. The falls which are about one mile wide and 420 feet high are a remarkable spectacle. The tremendous amount of water falls into a very peculiar, narrow slot-like chasm, and you can view the falls face-on, which makes for a very unusual experience. David Livingstone, a Scottish explorer, saw the falls in 1855 and renamed them after Queen Victoria, though they were known locally as Mosi-oa-Tunya. Livingstone was so moved by what he saw that he wrote: "Scenes so lovely must have been gazed upon by angels in their flight". The Victoria Falls is the largest single sheet of water in the world, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. The great Zambezi River starts in northwest Zambia and meanders for 1,700 miles through several countries to empty into the Indian Ocean in Mozambique. This great river affects thousands of people and animals along the way. The sheer volume of water that flows through this planetary vein and manifests its grandeur at Victoria Falls, cannot keep from stirring an emotional response from all who visit. During our visit to Zimbabwe, we will not only admire the great spectacle of the Victoria Falls, but we are also likely to see hippos, crocodiles, giraffes, baboons, elephants, and birds of prey along the riverbank or on one of the many islands that dot this wide river.
The Chobe National Park in Botswana is one of the most sought-after safari destinations in Africa, where we'll be able to see the world's largest herds of African elephant, as well as a myriad of other animals: zebras, hippos, impalas, buffalo and several predators, such as leopards and cheetahs. We'll participate in both the open jeep safari and the very unique boat safaris on the Chobe River which almost guarantee phenomenal photo opportunities of elephants playing and drinking at the water's edge, crocodiles sunning themselves on the banks of the river and hippo pods cooling in the water.
- While at the Victoria Falls National Park, we will explore the stunning waterfalls and the rainforest jungle surrounding them, as we take a privately guided walk right next to the falls. We will top the experience off with a sundowner cruise on the Zambezi River, viewing hippos, crocodiles, giraffes and elephants.
- After your adventures by the waterfall, we'll relax in the luxury of the hotel, enjoying the tropical pools, the lush gardens and the excellent cuisine. We'll enjoy international fusion cuisine at the Victoria Falls Safari Makuwa-Kuwa Restaurant and a traditional African Boma dinner with drumming, dancing and African entertainment at the award winning Boma Restaurant.
- While at the Chobe National Park in Botswana, we'll enjoy several privately guided safaris, in both open jeeps and river safaris where viewing of the game is done from boats.
- After the game viewing safaris, we'll appreciate the chance to relax and enjoy the lodge's amenities, from the exclusive spa to the swimming pool, bar and local entertainment at the elegant restaurant on the premises of the lodge.
- 1 night in the upscale modern hotel, located at the Johannesburg Airport in South Africa; 2 nights in the deluxe bush lodge overlooking the vast savannah and a watering hole in Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe; 2 nights in the beautiful safari resort, right on the Chobe River and adjoining the Chobe National Park in Kasane, Botswana
- Delicious local meals: 5 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 4 dinners, including drinks
- Two international flights: Johannesburg - Victoria Falls and Kasane - Johannesburg
- All transportation in Zimbabwe and in Botswana: private air-conditioned van and a private chauffeur
- Private local guide in Victoria Falls, designated private rangers and trackers in Chobe National Park
- Sunset cruise on the Zambezi River and the Boma dinner experience in Victoria Falls
- Open jeep and boat safaris on the Chobe River in Kasane, Botswana
- Group airport transfers in Johannesburg, Victoria Falls and in Kasane
- All restaurant, guides, park rangers and drivers' gratuities
- Experienced tour director throughout the tour
- All sightseeing fees and park admissions as per itinerary
Additional/optional costs may include: passport and visa fees, optional single room supplement, optional travel insurance, optional tour director's gratuities, optional activities, meals not included in the itinerary, telephone charges, laundry, minibar and personal expenses.
- Seeing the African wildlife
- Viewing the magnificent Victoria Falls up close
- The Zambezi River sunset cruise
- The Boma experience with dancing and drumming
- The Chobe National Park jeep and boat safaris
- Staying at luxury safari lodges
- Seeing the large herds of elephants, zebras and hippos
|What Makes This Trip Special |
- Accommodation in upscale, perfectly located hotel and a safari lodge
- Authentic African dining at upscale restaurants, including drinks
- Knowledgeable and passionate private guides, safari rangers and trackers
- Experienced tour director
- Carefully designed itinerary, including signature Zimbabwe and Botswana experiences
- Exclusive experiences, not available to larger groups
- A small group of maximum 16 women
- Inclusion of all domestic airfares, national park fees, admissions and taxes
- Inclusion of all restaurants, guides, park rangers and drivers' gratuities
- No forced shopping