Women Travel News. Why?
April 22 – May 3, 2021
12 Days / 11 Nights
Tour starts in Malaga and ends in Barcelona
$4,810 per person/double occupancy
$1,480 single supplement
Additional nights: $340 single or double room including airport transfer
Includes all fees and taxes
Click on the image to enlarge the map
The image of Spain is one of color, romance, passion, and the lone figure of the matador in the bull ring, cape and sword in hand beneath the burning afternoon sun. The Sights and Soul's journey through Spain explores the many aspects of this enchanted and diverse land, its history, culture and cuisines. It incorporates an in-depth exploration of Seville, Cordoba and Granada with the Alhambra, while staying on the Costa del Sol in southern Andalucia, then it includes touring Madrid and Toledo in central Castilla-La Mancha, followed by the beautiful city of Barcelona in eastern Catalonia, with excursions to Montserrat, Girona and Costa Brava.
From our Mediterranean base in Benalmadena, we'll explore the iconic Andalucian jewels of Granada, Seville and Cordoba. The hotel's location between the mountains and the sea allows for a relaxing, luxurious beach stay, while being at the optimal distance from the classic Andalucian sites. Andalucia is blessed with achingly beautiful countryside, majestic mountains and a long Mediterranean coastline. This unique place where east meets west in an exotic melting pot of Jewish, Roma, Moorish and Christian cultures, abounds in powerful Andalucian images of flamenco, tapas, fiestas, bullfighting, raw passion, Carmen and Don Juan. Among them, the Alhambra Palace in Granada, set in the foothills of Spain's Sierra Nevada Mountains, is considered 'the Jewel of Moorish Spain'.
Madrid in the center of Spain, is also its heart. The city's historic district teems with sights from Museo del Prado to Palacio Real, from elegant Plaza Mayor to the historic bohemian La Latina, serving some of Spain's best tapas and wines. Toledo in La Mancha, the land of Don Quixote, is a glorious treasure of a city, with one of the world's most beautifully preserved medieval quarters on the spot that used to be Europe's most cultured and sophisticated city, where Christians, Jews and Moors contributed equally to its celebrated wealth and fame.
Sitting on the Mediterranean Sea, Barcelona, the most cosmopolitan Spanish city, is vibrant, vivacious and visionary. The city's brooding jungle of medieval lanes were home to Gaudi who built the world's most whimsical structures here, including the now almost finished La Sagrada Familia, and where Picasso spent his youth. Close to the city, there are the historical, cultural and scenic treasures of Montserrat, Girona and Costa Brava, along with the amazing cava wine growing regions. Barcelona, and Catalonia in general, has excellent seafood, and meals here are often turned into art.
- 12 days/11 nights in boutique, luxury hotels in Benalmadena, Madrid and Barcelona
- 11 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 7 dinners, including drinks; all restaurant gratuities. Most meals are a la carte, at intimate, gourmet restaurants
- AVE express train transportation between Malaga, Madrid and Barcelona; private bus transportation when touring
- Private airport transfers in Malaga and in Barcelona
- Guided tours of Granada, Seville, Cordoba, Madrid, Toledo, Barcelona, Montserrat, Girona and Costa Brava with professional, private guides
- Catalan cooking class in Barcelona, culinary tour of Madrid, cava wine tour and tasting
- Flamenco show in Madrid
- Professional Tour Director throughout the tour
- All gratuities for drivers, guides, and servers
- All activities and attractions described in the itinerary, admissions, fees and taxes
Additional/optional costs may include: optional single supplement, early hotel check-in, porterage, optional travel insurance, meals not included in the itinerary, optional activities not included in the itinerary, optional Tour Director gratuities, telephone charges, room service, mini bar charges, laundry, personal expenses.
The cost does not include airfare to and from Spain.
- Seville's Cathedral, Alcazar Palace, Santa Cruz, Plaza de España
- Cordoba's Mezquita, Synagogue and Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos
- Granada's Abayzin quarter, Alhambra Palace and Generalife Gardens
- The Royal Palace of Madrid and Prado Museum
- Medieval architecture of Toledo
- Barcelona's Gothic Quarter and modernist treasures
- Montserrat Monastery tour
- Roman Girona and Costa Brava
- A fiery flamenco performance
- Tapas lunch, South African lunch, Andalucian dinner, Madrileno dinner
- Catalan cooking class, culinary tour of Madrid, cava tasting
- Unwinding on the beaches of the Costa del Sol and Costa Brava
|What Makes This Trip Special |
- Well thought out and perfectly designed itinerary
- Classic Spanish sights and experiences
- Exclusive activities not available to larger groups
- Inclusion of all gratuities and tipping
- Professional local guides who are experts in their fields
- Experienced Tour Director
- Luxury accommodations in perfect locations in each city
- A la carte dining, including drinks in upscale restaurants
- No forced shopping