Women Travel News. Why?
Click on the image to enlarge the map
January 19 - 28, 2022
10 Days / 9 Nights
This tour starts in Cape Town and ends in Johannesburg
$6,240 double occupancy
$1,580 optional single supplement
$980 optional airfare from JFK or IAD (add-on airfare from your city may be available)
$360 optional additional night in Cape Town, including private airport transfer (per room)
Includes all fees and taxes
South Africa is one of those destinations that dreams are made of: surreal mountain landscapes and sublime seascapes, world-class wildlife safaris, luxurious jungle lodges, cultural vivacity and history of the people, cosmopolitan cities and isolated Zulu and Shangaan villages, topped with the excellent South African wines and innovative cuisine. With an immensely varied terrain and a rich natural diversity, South Africa offers a wide range of experiences and is a delight for all senses. We know that this tour will become a highlight of your life.
During our South African adventure, we will spend 6 days in a modern designer hotel on the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront in Cape Town, taking in the vibrant city of Cape Town and the magnificent area that surrounds it. We will explore the Cape of Good Hope, where the Atlantic and the Indian Oceans meet, walk on the Boulder Beach among the colonies of African penguins, take the cable car to Table Mountain and hike to beautiful vistas overlooking the city. We will also tour the vineyards in the South African Winelands region with its renowned wineries and wine estates, see the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens to walk on carpets of exotic flowers, take a Malay cooking class and stroll in quaint fishing villages and towns with the impressive Cape Dutch architecture.
The most memorable part of the tour will be the 4 days spent on an African safari at the luxurious, yet authentic Kapama Private Game Reserve, part of the Kruger National Park ecosystem. Here, we'll experience the true magic of Africa, as we enjoy two daily game drives (safaris) to view the Big Five (Lion, Leopard, Elephant, Buffalo and Rhino), bush walks and many other optional activities.
- While in Cape Town, we will take private, in-depth tours of the city, take the cable car up to Table Mountain, visit the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, enjoy a scenic ride and hiking in the Cape of Good Hope, the Boulder Beach with its colonies of African penguins, we'll enjoy a Winelands tour with visits to Franschhoek and Stellenbosch vineyards, as well as Cape Town's colorful neighborhoods, special meals and designer shopping. We'll also enjoy an exotic Malay cooking class in the colorful Bo Kaap neighborhood.
- While in the Kruger National Park, we will explore, accompanied by a private ranger and tracker, the stunning African bush and savannah, viewing the African wildlife up close and enjoying the luxurious amenities in the middle of the wilderness.
Following the main tour, you can join the optional extension tour to Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe and the Chobe National Park in Botswana.
- 6 nights in a modern designer hotel, located on the vibrant Victoria & Alfred Waterfront of Cape Town; 3 nights in a deluxe bush lodge located in the African savannah off Kruger National Park
- Delicious local meals: 9 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 6 dinners, including drinks
- Two domestic flights: Cape Town - Hoedspruit and Hoedspruit - Johannesburg, including all fees and taxes
- Private airport transfers on arrival
- All transportation in South Africa: private air-conditioned bus, and a private chauffeur
- An excellent local guide in Cape Town, experienced safari rangers and trackers during the safari
- Experienced Tour Director throughout the tour
- Cable car excursion to Table Mountain, city tour of Cape Town, Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens and Groot Constantia wine estate
- Malay cooking class in Bo Kaap neighborhood
- Cape Peninsula tour, including the Cape of Good Hope Tour, Simon's Town and the Boulders Beach
- The Winelands tour including two wine estate visits with wine tours and tastings
- Two daily safaris (game viewing drives) conducted by experienced wildlife guides and trackers and lodge activities in the private game reserve off Kruger National Park
- All activities, sightseeing fees and admissions as per itinerary
- All restaurants, guides, park rangers and drivers gratuities
Additional/optional costs may include: passport fees, optional single room supplement, additional accommodations, early hotel check-in, required travel insurance, optional Tour Director's gratuities, meals not included in the itinerary, telephone charges, laundry, minibar and personal expenses.
- Cape Town's stunning V&A Waterfront
- Cable car ride and hiking the Table Mountain
- South Africa's Winelands tour
- Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
- Malay cooking class
- The Cape of Good Hope and Cape Peninsula
- Boulder Beach with African penguins
- African drumming at Gold Restaurant
- South African designer shopping and local crafts
- Learning about the history of the South African people
- Experiencing the native Zulu, Khasa and Shangaan cultures
- Seeing the Big Five (lions, leopards, elephants, buffalos and rhinos) up close
- Staying at a luxury safari lodge on a private game reserve
|What Makes This Trip Special |
- Carefully designed itinerary, including signature South African experiences
- Exclusive experiences not available to larger groups
- Knowledgeable private guides and safari rangers
- Accommodation in a perfectly located luxury hotel in Cape Town and a private game reserve in Kruger National Park
- Dining at upscale restaurants, including drinks
- A small group of maximum 16 women
- A professional, experienced Tour Director
- Private airport pick-up on arrival
- Culturally enriching and fun activities, perfect for solo travelers
- Inclusion of all restaurant, guides, park rangers and drivers gratuities
- No forced shopping