TWO SINGLE ROOMS & TWO TWIN ROOMS LEFT
Nothing will ever quite prepare you for the imperial grandeur, glitz and glamour of Saint Petersburg. The land of fur-lined hats, caviar, champagne, ballet, and the over-the-top cultural capital of modern Russia, Saint Petersburg is a feast for the senses and a treasure trove of art and architecture. From the world renowned art in the Hermitage, opulent architecture, elegant villas and palaces, and soaring, onion-domed cathedrals that lend the city its fairy tale charm, to an extraordinary history of resilience and rebirth written into every stone, the most beautiful city in Russia is full of romantic ambiance, bridges, museum-like streets and imperial spirit. Tsar Peter the Great’s “window on the West,” St. Petersburg was built in the early 1700s on 44 islands, a feat that took the lives of thousands of workers. Today, it’s a stunning city, laced with canals, graceful bridges, and Empire-style buildings. Beginning in May, the summer brings long days and the famous "White Nights", when even at midnight the sun barely dips below the horizon, and the city's streets and gardens burst into life, celebrating the season with revelry all night long. The Saint Petersburg tour will introduce us to some of the richest and most revered cultural and historical landmarks of the city, including a visit to the famous Faberge Museum, the "Russian Versailles" of Peterhof Palace, the royal residence of Catherine Palace with its Gardens in Tsarskoe Selo, the incomparable Hermitage Museum and Winter Palace, a cruise on the canals that have earned Saint Petersburg the moniker "Venice of the North", and to top it all, a Russian ballet performance at Mariinsky (Kirov) Theatre, preceded by a private backstage tour.
- Airfare from Tallinn to Saint Petersburg, if combining this tour with the Baltic Renaissance tour, including all airline fees and taxes;
- Private airport transfers on arrival and departure;
- Russian visa invitation letter;
- 4 nights at the luxury Angleterre Hotel in Saint Petersburg;
- Hotel porterage;
- 4 breakfasts, 2 lunches, and 2 dinners;
- Bottled water during the tour;
- Professional local guides;
- All restaurants', guides' and drivers' gratuities, all sightseeing fees and admissions;
- Russian ballet performance, Giselle, and Mariinsky (Kirov) Theatre backstage tour;
- All transportation during the tour (by a private modern coach, boats and hydrofoil);
- Experienced tour director throughout the tour.
Optional single supplement, optional travel insurance, Russian visa fees, meals and activities not mentioned in the itinerary, optional late hotel checkout charge, optional tour director's gratuity, room service, mini bar charges, telephone charges and other personal expenses.