Women Travel News. Why?
December 10 - 16, 2019
7 Days / 6 Nights
Tour starts and ends in Munich
$2,560 per person/double occupancy
$840 optional single supplement
$320 additional night / per room - optional
Includes all fees and taxes
Click on the image to enlarge the map
ONE SINGLE ROOM & ONE SHARED SPACE LEFT
Germany combines historical and cultural treasures in picturesque towns of cobblestone streets and half-timbered houses with spectacular landscapes of imposing fairytale castles, snow-capped Alps, the meandering Romantic Road and the legendary Black Forest. The beautiful Bavarian cities of Munich, Nuremberg and the dreamy Rothenburg captivate visitors with their rich history, labyrinthine old quarters, medieval market squares and striking cathedrals. In December, they are transformed into a truly unique Christmas wonderland which cannot be duplicated anywhere else.
This is where you can really escape the excessive commercialism of the holidays and experience a more authentic and intimate version of Christmas. Germany is the birthplace of most Christmas traditions, and the Advent season brings with it all of the traditional Christmas festivities, along with the Christmas markets that spring up in squares and streets of German towns. We'll hum along to the sound of carillon in Munich's Marienplatz and to traditional Christmas carols sung by children choirs, played by brass bands and Alpine blowhorns. We'll shop for culinary and cultural treasures beneath a sky of twinkling fairy lights, talk to friendly artisans, breathe in the aroma of roasted chestnuts, gingerbread, cinnamon, almonds and freshly cut pine. We'll enjoy Bavarian roast duck Christmas dinner, delicious mulled wine, baked apples and Christmas pastries. We'll collect hand-made, quality gifts and ornaments in the charming markets of Munich, Nuremberg, Dinkelsbuehl and Rothenburg, as we enjoy the Christmas tradition at its very finest.
During the Christmas Markets tour, we'll experience the best of the German region of Bavaria. We'll marvel at towns sparkling with lights and perfect little villages, we'll meet friendly locals, share wonderful meals and enjoy live performances of traditional Christmas music. We'll visit the Residenz Palace, the English Garden and see the sky-reaching Gothic cathedrals of Munich, the medieval Old Town and the Christmas Museum in Rothenburg, Albrecht Durer's House and the Craftsmen's Courtyard in Nuremberg, and the improbable castles of Hohenschwangau and Neuschwanstein.
- 3 nights in a luxury modern hotel in the center of Munich's Old Town;
- 3 nights in a boutique hotel in the medieval Rothenburg's Old Town;
- Fine dining - traditional German or vegetarian menu: 6 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 5 dinners;
- All transportation in Germany in a private, comfortable bus;
- Private airport transfers on arrival according to your flight arrival time (also included for arrivals prior to the tour's start, as part of the hotel's rate);
- Group airport transfer on departure;
- Experienced tour director and professional local guides, all sightseeing fees and admissions;
- All attractions and activities as described in the itinerary;
- All restaurants', guides' and drivers' gratuities.
Additional/optional costs may include: optional single supplement, optional travel insurance, optional tour director's gratuity, meals not included in the itinerary, room service, minibar, laundry, phone calls, and personal expenses.
The cost does not include airfare.
Munich's Marienplatz with live Christmas music performances
Wittelsbachs' elegant Residenz Palace in Munich
Nuremberg's Christmas lights and festivities
Albrecht Durer's House in Nuremberg
The medieval jewel Christmas town of Rothenburg
The former Imperial City of Dinkelsbuehl
King Ludwig's Hohenschwangau and Neuschwanstein Castles
Driving the Romantic Road
Bavarian dancing, alphorn blowing, yodeling and polka at Hofbrauhaus
Medieval quarters splendidly decorated for Christmas
Enjoying hot mulled wine and roasted almonds
The aroma of gingerbread and cinnamon filling the air
Children choirs and rock bands singing Christmas carols
|What Makes This Trip Special |
- Accommodation in upscale, perfectly located hotels
- Dining at upscale restaurants, including drinks
- Knowledgeable and passionate private guides
- Experienced, bi-lingual tour director
- Carefully designed itinerary, including signature Christmas Markets experiences
- Exclusive experiences, not available to larger groups
- A small group of maximum 16 women
- No forced shopping