Women Travel News. Why?
November 15 - 17, 2019
3 Days / 2 Nights
Tour starts and ends in Buenos Aires
$980 per person / double occupancy
$320 optional single supplement
Includes all fees and taxes
Click on the image to enlarge the map
Perito Moreno Glacier in Los Glaciares National Park offers one of the most phenomenal nature spectacles on the planet. With the backdrop of Austral Andes, the glacier towers above the turquoise glacial waters of Lago Argentino, beaming a blinding white and exuding cold blue hues. Seeing the deep blue of Perito Moreno, named for a 19th-century Argentinian explorer, is made even more impressive by audible effects of cracking and booming of the chunks of ice calving off the main glacier, as they plunge into the frigid water. While ice caps are melting and glaciers are retreating around the world, Perito Moreno is one of the few advancing glaciers: as the front of the glacier is being pushed by fresh masses of ice from behind, it expands, cracks and develops crevasses that eventually calve off creating an exciting natural show.
During the Argentine Patagonia and Glaciers National Park tour, we'll admire the Perito Moreno glacier from different view points in the park, before getting up close to the wall of ice by boat. We will also explore other glaciers of the Argentine Patagonia: the Upsala and Spegazzini glaciers, as we set out for an icy adventure, starting in the flamingo haven of Lago Argentino and leading to the unique landscape of the ice floes and glacier fields in further corners of the park.
- 2 nights at an upscale hotel in El Calafate
- Round trip airfare between Buenos Aires and El Calafate, including all fees and taxes
- 2 breakfasts, 2 dinners, 1 lunch
- 2 days' admission to Los Glaciares National Park
- A professional guide throughout the tour, a private driver and an experienced tour director
- All admissions to the sights and attractions as per itinerary
- Private, air-conditioned bus in Los Glaciares National Park
- All taxes, fees, fuel charges and supplements
- Restaurants', guide's and driver's gratuities
Additional/optional costs may include: optional travel insurance, optional single supplement, optional additional accommodations, optional tour director’s gratuities, room service, mini bar charges, laundry charges, phone calls, personal expenses.
- Experiencing the audiovisual spectacle of Perito Moreno
- Two boat tours on Lago Argentino, along Perito Moreno and to Upsala and Spegazzini glaciers
- The picturesque town of El Calafate
- Lago Argentino birdlife, including pink flamingos