Women Travel News. Why?
November 4 - 7, 2019
4 Days / 3 Nights
Tour starts and ends in Siem Reap
$1,280 per person/ double occupancy
$400 optional single supplement
$250 additional night, single or double (includes private airport transfer)
Includes all fees and taxes
Click on the image to enlarge the map
Angkor Wat, what today is one of the Seven Wonders of the World, was formerly the capital of the ancient Khmer Kingdom built around a Hindu temple dedicated to Vishnu. This long lost city, which for centuries existed only as a myth, was discovered in 1861 by a French naturalist, Henri Mouhot. Its enormous temples, towering spires, giant carved faces and ornate bas reliefs, swallowed by the jungle and then rescued, are an eternal tribute to a lost civilization. The "City of Kings", with some of the largest religious monuments ever constructed, is a mystic and magical place which carries a spiritual significance for many, and is a once in a lifetime travel experience for others.
Angkor Wat is one of the largest religious monuments in the world. Although it was originally constructed as a Hindu temple, it gradually transformed into a Buddhist temple towards the end of the 12th century. It was built by the Khmer King Suryavarman II in the early 12th century in Yaśodharapura, the capital of the Khmer Empire, as his state temple and eventual mausoleum. Breaking from the Shaiva tradition of previous kings, Angkor Wat was instead dedicated to Vishnu. As the best-preserved temple at the site, it is the only one to have remained a significant religious center since its foundation. The temple is a perfect example of the high classical style of Khmer architecture.
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE |
- Airfare from Saigon to Siem Reap, and all airline fees and taxes, if combining with the Vietnam tour
- Private airport transfers on arrival and on departure
- 3 nights at the 5 star Victoria Resort and Spa Hotel in Siem Reap
- 3 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 3 dinners, including drinks
- Apsara dancers' performance
- All sightseeing fees and admissions
- All transportation during the tour (including air-conditioned bus, classic tuk-tuks and an elephant ride from the South Gate to the main Angkor Wat complex)
- Private specialist guide when visiting the temples of Angkor Wat (three days)
- Experienced, professional tour director during the tour
- All restaurants', guide's and driver's gratuities
- Bottled mineral water throughout the tour
|NOT INCLUDED |
Optional single supplement, optional travel insurance, visa fee on arrival in Cambodia, meals and activities not mentioned in the itinerary, optional additional accommodations, optional tour director's gratuities, personal expenses, spa services, room service, mini bar, telephone charges and other personal expenses.
- The temples and palaces of the ancient Khmer Empire: Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, and Banteay Srei
- Apsara dancers' performance
- An elephant ride from the South Gate